Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

reznov wrote: »
    My goal for summer:
    Purchase a clinometer on eBay.

ws4i9c.jpg

Right lads I wanna be future Taoiseach of Ireland :P My campaign starts now :P
    Vote for me please <3 :P I've got an A in CSPE - fully qualified :P I want to change the system (the education system too) and fix the economy (I do economics and biz) :P I'll need ministers (so gimme a call if you want to be one) :P
    So vote for HistoryKitten :P I need boardsie support :P

Bagsie being Minister for Education!! :D

<Insert "make all the changes" meme here> :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    Bagsie being Minister for Education!! :D

<Insert "make all the changes" meme here> :P

Perfect :) Couldn't think of anyone better :) I have a few ideas myself :P so we'll work together on the reforms :P :)
    I still need
    Tanaiste
    Minister for Foreign Affairs/Finance/Health/Transport,Tourism and Sport/Children and Youth/Agriculture/Justice and Defence/Environment/Gaeltacht affairs.
    Any takers ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Instead of actually studying I just re-read the last five or six pages of this thread. :cool:

And historykitten - the taoiseach gets to DECIDE what the departments are. I will be immensely disappointed if there isn't some kind of Minister for Pokemon Trainer Advancement somewhere. :p

Instead of actually studying I just re-read the last five or six pages of this thread. :cool:

And historykitten - the taoiseach gets to DECIDE what the departments are. I will be immensely disappointed if there isn't some kind of Minister for Pokemon Trainer Advancement somewhere. :p

I know lolz :L Imma new kind of Taoiseach, I want my ministers to be passionate bout what they are doing :P Oh lads we're(the govt like) all taking pay cuts, we are being paid too much :P sorry but the economy needs to be saved :P
    I was actually gonna put one in, but I need my researchers to go catch them all so I can prove to the world pokemon exist :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Perfect :) Couldn't think of anyone better :) I have a few ideas myself :P so we'll work together on the reforms :P :)
    I still need
    Tanaiste
    Minister for Foreign Affairs/Finance/Health/Transport,Tourism and Sport/Children and Youth/Agriculture/Justice and Defence/Environment/Gaeltacht affairs.
    Any takers ? :P

There should be a Minister for CSPE as well, such an important subject deserves it's own department.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Can I be Minister for Cute Animal Pictures?

Filed-Incorrectly.jpg

Martin_94 wrote: »
    There should be a Minister for CSPE as well, such an important subject deserves it's own department.
    Haha agreed, I wouldn't be so interested in politics without it :rolleyes:
    leaveiton wrote: »
    Can I be Minister for Cute Animal Pictures?

Filed-Incorrectly.jpg
    Of course :P I think that dept should be merged with environment :P keep posting cute animal pictures everywhere, it will change peoples attitudes and will encourages the preservation of the environment :P

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Right lads I wanna be future Taoiseach of Ireland :P My campaign starts now :P
    Vote for me please <3 :P I've got an A in CSPE - fully qualified :P I want to change the system (the education system too) and fix the economy (I do economics and biz) :P I'll need ministers (so gimme a call if you want to be one) :P
    So vote for HistoryKitten :P I need boardsie support :P

A Taoiseach would never use that many tongue faces!

I have a habit of over-using smileys :o
    Ah I'm Taoiseach material :P I think I could do a good job, despite my cringey habits :P
    I'm not actually joking though I really do want to be the future Taoiseach :L

• Advertisement

Yeah HistoryKitty your going to have to make a few cuts there, each of those smileys costs the taxpayer $10,000, and we all know that kind of money could be spent on important things like Pokéballs and Repels. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I'd like to put myself forward for agriculture. I will concentrate on the appearances of animals. Better looking animals = more animals getting the ride = increase in revenue from animal products

Here's an example I've prepared of the kind of work I'll be doing:

2168991_92c1_625x1000.jpg

People from other countries will of course also show increased interest in buying Irish animals themselves, as they will be at least (according to my extensive calculations) 70% more appealing than all foreign animals.

Togepi wrote: »
    Yeah HistoryKitty your going to have to make a few cuts there, each of those smileys costs the taxpayer $10,000, and we all know that kind of money could be spent on important things like Pokéballs!

true true :P ah i'm not Taoiseach yet so please excuse the over used smileys :P
    Sorry I'm not employing advisors (waste of money), so my ministers will have to assist me with my faults :P

finality wrote: »
    I'd like to put myself forward for agriculture. I will concentrate on the appearances of animals. Better looking animals = more animals getting the ride = increase in revenue from animal products

Here's an example I've prepared of the kind of work I'll be doing:

2168991_92c1_625x1000.jpg

People from other countries will of course also show increased interest in buying Irish animals themselves, as they will be at least (according to my extensive calculations) 70% more appealing than all foreign animals.

I like your initiative Finality :P You're my minister for agriculture :P
    But I have to say I'm still a squeamish Taoiseach so that pig will have to lose the piercings :P

People follow Finality's example, she's saving our economy right there :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I like your initiative Finality :P You're my minister for agriculture :P
    But I have to say I'm still a squeamish Taoiseach so that pig will have to lose the piercings :P

People follow Finality's example, she's saving our economy right there :P

But...those piercings will add roughly 27% to the value of that pig. I don't know if I can put your squeamishness before the farmers of this country Taoiseach. But maybe we could come to some sort of compromise, like maybe instead of piercing the pig the jewellery could just be glued on?

finality wrote: »
    But...those piercings will add roughly 27% to the value of that pig. I don't know if I can put your squeamishness before the farmers of this country Taoiseach. But maybe we could come to some sort of compromise, like maybe instead of piercing the pig the jewellery could just be glued on?

hmmmm didn't realise it added that much value to the pigs :eek:
    Would the glued on piercings look as good? and will it add as much value ?
    If not, alas, I will put my squeamishness aside, even though I'll be shivering constantly, living on a farm myself :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I'd like to apply for the position of Minister for Tourism. Here's a video I prepared that I hope will attract people to our beautiful country.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

If you do Ag Science you'll probably know that pigs don't have much choice whether they get the ride... It's kinda mandatory they make more pigs (to be made into food) or else they kill them (and make them into food) :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Speaking of pigs, I was just watching this...

The pig's name is Hamlet, soooooo cute

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I'd like to apply for the position of Minister for Tourism. Here's a video I prepared that I hope will attract people to our beautiful country.

Not bad :P You make Limerick sound like mad craic :P You're in :P We'll need to make one for every county :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Minister for Health :)
    5aDayLogo.gif

Thats only part of it :).

Minister for Health :)
    5aDayLogo.gif

Thats only part of it :).

I'm liking the initiative on this thread :)
    Keep it coming lads, the boardsie government will soon be formed :)
    We need a party name also :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Can I be Minister for Propaganda and Assorted Bull****tery. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I'm liking the initiative on this thread :)
    Keep it coming lads, the boardsie government will soon be formed :)
    We need a party name also :P

How about... The House Party :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Superbus wrote: »
    Pfft, this is clearly the real thread in any case.
    The traumatic moment when the current 5th years invaded that thread last summer :(
    This is my favourite parody on that song <3 sorry you just reminded me of it :)
    LOL THAT PARODY :P

Also once again, is anyone up for a Pokemon Black/White battle? :P I'm going away for 3 weeks on Monday so...so...last chance ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Patchy~ wrote: »
    The traumatic moment when the current 5th years invaded that thread last summer :(

Also once again, is anyone up for a Pokemon Black/White battle? :P I'm going away for 3 weeks on Monday so...so...last chance ;_;

I'll go search for my game now. I haven't played in more than a year so my pokémon might be crappy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Patchy~ wrote: »

Found my game. wanna battle?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 moll_bangers

this thread just gets funnier and funnier :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ei.sderob

3 exams to go!! I've got this terrible feeling that it's going to be horribly anti-climactic when I actually finish:/ That feeling of "sooo...what do we do now?" is still probably the best feeling ever after exams:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ei.sderob

Question: Does anybody get ridiculously weird while studying? Like I tend to make weirder jokes than usual. Had a conversation about starting a master race over the summer the other day, while studying biology, with my sis. I think I'm going stir crazy...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement