Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 moll_bangers

ei.sderob wrote: »
    Question: Does anybody get ridiculously weird while studying? Like I tend to make weirder jokes than usual. Had a conversation about starting a master race over the summer the other day, while studying biology, with my sis. I think I'm going stir crazy...

me and my friend decided to have nerdy biology chat up lines while studying.. they included "if you were an enzyme and i was a substrate we'de make a great enzyme substrate comlplex at our active site".. im not gona say any more because theyre just plain old embaressing :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Found my game. wanna battle?
    Oops, only saw this now! But HELL YES :P I'll VM you my friend code, might need to reconnect my wifi to my DS though so I might end up with a new one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Guys, I really don't want the bant to stop in here after the lc. Promise you'll all still chat here? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Patchy~ wrote: »
    ChemHickey wrote: »
    Found my game. wanna battle?
    Oops, only saw this now! But HELL YES :P I'll VM you my friend code, might need to reconnect my wifi to my DS though so I might end up with a new one :)

Cool. i only realised I restarted my game and all my pokémon are like level 40! Be nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Guys, I really don't want the bant to stop in here after the lc. Promise you'll all still chat here? :(

Oui oui mon ami! *in a raspy French accent*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I'm only here because I'm waiting for Game Of Thrones to load...

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

The bant's gonna end Coeur. We must all travel to Neverland to prevent aging and remain 6th years!

Sure hallucinations are grand. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Ooh which episode? I must watch them all again this summer, that show is too good :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭ei.sderob

me and my friend decided to have nerdy biology chat up lines while studying.. they included "if you were an enzyme and i was a substrate we'de make a great enzyme substrate comlplex at our active site".. im not gona say any more because theyre just plain old embaressing :P

I've had that convo before...."If I were an enzyme I'd be deoxyhelicase so I could unzip your genes". What girl wouldn't want to hear that!?!?!

Ally7 wrote: »
    Ooh which episode? I must watch them all again this summer, that show is too good :D

Only started watching it yesterday and I'm onto the third one now, I'm already obsessed. Joffrey :mad:

• Advertisement

Have you read the books? They're even better than the series! Joffrey is one mean little boy, jack gleeson does a class job.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

ei.sderob wrote: »
    I've had that convo before...."If I were an enzyme I'd be deoxyhelicase so I could unzip your genes". What girl wouldn't want to hear that!?!?!

There's a load of really cringey chemistry jokes on stickers on our science lab walls. "Organic chemists do it in chains"...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

It won't end we all boardsies for life! :)

I'd transpire you into my arms.

Ally7 wrote: »
    Have you read the books? They're even better than the series! Joffrey is one mean little boy, jack gleeson does a class job.

He's Irish?! Bahaha. Nah, never been into fantasy-type books really but the show might change my mind...

He's studying in trinity! :) I was never into fantasy either but it got such great reviews from people that I said I'd give them a go! They're actually not that bad as fantasy goes, i mean there is magic and stuff in them but they're actually quite political as well and the way in which the characters play off one another is probably the most important aspect of the novels.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Guys, can any of you help me download an ebook? I'm technologically retarded and I really wanna read Boy: Tales of Childhood by Roald Dahl tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

Guys, can any of you help me download an ebook? I'm technologically retarded and I really wanna read Boy: Tales of Childhood by Roald Dahl tonight.
    <search query> filetype:[pdf/epub/mobi]

Use the above syntax in Google, example:
    Roald Dahl filetype:epub

:D

MOTHER OF GOD FVGBHNJM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Wanchor wrote: »
    <search query> filetype:[pdf/epub/mobi]

Use the above syntax in Google, example:
    Roald Dahl filetype:epub

:D

You sir, are a legend. :D You a hobbyist programmer? Seen you posting handy little snippets like that a few times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 whatsec

Very off topic... but has any one ever lost their garda age card and had to replace it? I lost it friday night just by my own stupidity, and I wanna apply for a new one asap, summer after the leaving cert and all and I want to be able to go out. Are they sketchy about people ordering a new one? I've heard that they are incase people are selling them. Just wondering if anyones ever had that experience and if they had let me know what happened !

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

whatsec wrote: »
    Very off topic... but has any one ever lost their garda age card and had to replace it? I lost it friday night just by my own stupidity, and I wanna apply for a new one asap, summer after the leaving cert and all and I want to be able to go out. Are they sketchy about people ordering a new one? I've heard that they are incase people are selling them. Just wondering if anyones ever had that experience and if they had let me know what happened !

I've never lost mine because I've never used mine, I've been 18 for 3 months..

tumblr_m5qqkhajIY1rqcwh6o1_400.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

You sir, are a legend. :D You a hobbyist programmer? Seen you posting handy little snippets like that a few times!

Yessir! Hoping to get more into it when this ordeal is over. It was intact my biggest enemy in the leaving. :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I hardly ever get ID'd anyway, I'm actually not sure if I should be flattered or not.

@Togepi: Get me one of those Pigs now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Can someone doing accounting help me ? Do you know how precise you have to be with answers in the ratio questions ? Like if I got 16.21 for earnings per share instead of 16.24 would I get the marks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Eathrin wrote: »
    I hardly ever get ID'd anyway, I'm actually not sure if I should be flattered or not.

@Togepi: Get me one of those Pigs now!

You should be flattered - more than once I've nearly been turned away with my own ID :o

Never get ID'd. Not even when I was 16 - 17. Don't bother win age card.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

reznov wrote: »
    Never get ID'd. Not even when I was 16 - 17. Don't bother win age card.

I always have my hand in my pocket ready to display the card when I purchase alcohol or the likes, it's actually kind of disappointing when they don't ask.:P
    I recall being stopped getting into a few places when I was 17 without ID.

I got served on grad night without ID but thats kind of standard. I'm too afraid to try anything without ID because that isnt even trying :L But no one looks like me ;_;

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I rarely ever get asked for id either and when buying alcohol .
    I think I've only been ID'd 2/3 times.
    I usually buy it when I'm alone though :S I don't go in with a group of people buying alcohol. Another time I didn't get asked for ID'd in a shop when I went in with my friend and he was after me and he got ID'd :S and I didn't.

An on grad night last year and I was 17. I didn't have ID so I had to chance it and my teacher made me walk in with him and pretend to be a teacher and it worked :).
    I've no idea what age I look :S.

What age are you supposed to be asked for ID?
    Isit if you look under 21 or if you look under 25?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement