Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

I rarely ever get asked for id either and when buying alcohol .
    I think I've only been ID'd 2/3 times.
    I usually buy it when I'm alone though :S I don't go in with a group of people buying alcohol. Another time I didn't get asked for ID'd in a shop when I went in with my friend and he was after me and he got ID'd :S and I didn't.

An on grad night last year and I was 17. I didn't have ID so I had to chance it and my teacher made me walk in with him and pretend to be a teacher and it worked :).
    I've no idea what age I look :S.

What age are you supposed to be asked for ID?
    Isit if you look under 21 or if you look under 25?

I think it's if you look under 21 but they can ask anyone they like :)
    Lucky! When I was underage I was always terrified to do anything without ID, I had other people buy for me all the time because I look really young and knew I'd get caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Preparing for the LC really ages people. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I tried to get into a club called CPs before. Best club in Galway, but the security are c*nts! I had a really good fake I.D. before and tried get in there with it but...
    The bastards took it off me.
    Then I asked politely for it back, but then they rang the guards (well at least I think they did:L)

And now I still don't have an I.D. :( And I'm not 18 'till bloody december!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I think guys can get away without ID if you're tall or have facial hair .
    And then girls maybe depending on how you dress or your hair is a certain way :S.

I always thought guys get ID'd more than girls though.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Graduation night few weeks ago I had to pretend to be teachers son to get in :L :L

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I'm still amused by the fact that I can get into nightclubs even though I've been 18 for a few months now. I expect to be asked for ID until my mid twenties though. :P If I wasn't fairly tall, I'd probably be turned away even with ID. :pac: Definition of baby-faced. :P

I know tescos is if you look under 25. They'll check you for ID and I've bought drink there 3 times and I've only been asked for ID the once but that was the day before good Friday.
    I don't think I look over 25 :S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Sometimes I get ID'd, sometimes I don't. I look very young. Pubs are fine though, they don't give a ****. One time, before I was 18, after the barwoman had served me she goes "your not 18 are you", and I was like "yeah I am" and me and a few others just started pissing ourselves laughing because she really shouldn't have served me. (I look around 15)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Tall people ftw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

Does anyone know if the nightclubs in cork are very strict on ID? I'm planning on going there in september but won't be 18 for a good. It into the year :(

• Advertisement

And I remember another time at the pub I rarely go to the pub. All my friends 3 of them got asked for ID and I didn't :S. Maybe because he saw that they were all 18 and didn't bother.
    I'm not even that tall if you call 5ft4 to be tall haha . I do look tallish but I'm not :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Its so nice out today <3 Going to take my dog for a walk :)
    Ugh and I forgot to tell you guys, I gots my wisdom teeth last week :D I'm wiser now :P Just in time for the last few exams :rolleyes: :P

I got asked for ID when I was buying 7up before. :pac:

I'd always wanted to use ID to pay for a mineral. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Wesc. wrote: »
    I tried to get into a club called CPs before. Best club in Galway, but the security are c*nts! I had a really good fake I.D. before and tried get in there with it but...
    Then I asked politely for it back, but then they rang the guards (well at least I think they did:L)

And now I still don't have an I.D. :( And I'm not 18 'till bloody december!

Is it really good yeah? :P Do they play good tunes/is it nice inside or is it just that it's class craic?

Is it really good yeah? :P Do they play good tunes/is it nice inside or is it just that it's class craic?

If you're going out in Galway, head to Supermacs. *Rave* :D

It's just like you're in a different world :P
    There's a room in it called The Factory and when you're in it you can like feel the vibes of the music being played.. it's actually unbelievable :D You'll experience it next year :cool:

But I haven't been in it for ages and my friends that are finished already have gone out 3 bloody times!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Togepi wrote: »
    If you're going out in Galway, head to Supermacs. *Rave* :D

Haha, are you on about that video from RAG week this year? Mental :pac: Who's a sexy garda :P
    It's just like you're in a different world :P
    There's a room in it called The Factory and when you're in it you can like feel the vibes of the music being played.. it's actually unbelievable :D You'll experience it next year :cool:

But I haven't been in it for ages and my friends that are finished already have gone out 3 bloody times!!!

That sounds amazing! It's at the bottom of that street that Subway's on isn't it? Walked past it a few times when I was down for the open day I think. :D Ah I can't wait to get down there! Still thinking about a year out though. :o Haha, not to worry, I'm sure you'll get plenty of nights in there in future :P

It feels weird that this week is the last week of the LC. School over forever.
    But I can't stop procrastinating :( to study for my last test .

I still haven't got a clue what college I actually want to go to. I'm just letting my results decide for me and see where it takes me :).

And now I still don't have an I.D. :(And I'm not 18 'till bloody december!

Just realised this makes me wayyy older than you! I always pictured you as being tons older than me, 19 or almost 19 already. And now you're telling me I'll be 19 before you're 18.... :eek:
    mind = blown.
    :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

It feels weird that this week is the last week of the LC. School over forever.
    But I can't stop procrastinating :( to study for my last test .

I still haven't got a clue what college I actually want to go to. I'm just letting my results decide for me and see where it takes me :).

I've gotten up, played games, gone to town to buy stuff and got soaked, came home, played games, made a hot chocolate and now I'm watching the hurling. Physics tomorrow should be interesting:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I turned 18 in February and I've only gone out like twice since then, I think I look around my age, as in I get ID'd but they don't seem suspicious when I show them my ID. :L I used to look really really young for my age a few years ago... I'm really short and thin so that doesn't help but I think my hair and the way I dress balance it out.

Just realised this makes me wayyy older than you! I always pictured you as being tons older than me, 19 or almost 19 already. And now you're telling me I'll be 19 before you're 18.... :eek:
    mind = blown.
    :p

Well... I'm very mature for my age!! I didn't do ty but still I didn't know 17 was that young :eek: I better not be like the youngest in my course :P Then again one of my friends will be 16 starting college!
    Hold on, are you going to Galway too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

I don't get IDd around where I live if I'm buying drink, but if I'm in Tesco/Dunnes in town the always ask me. Was buying some stuff in Dunnes a few weeks back, the woman asked for my ID. No problem, handed over my Age Card to her. She looked at it for a good few seconds, handed it back to me and went "How old are you?" I was a bit taken aback because she'd clearly just seen my date of birth on my Age Card, which is something you can't even have unless you're 18! :P Got my drink in the end though so it was grand :cool:

I've gotten up, played games, gone to town to buy stuff and got soaked, came home, played games, made a hot chocolate and now I'm watching the hurling. Physics tomorrow should be interesting:pac:

Haha I've stayed in bed all weekend just watching things on the laptop or playing a game or on boards. Procrastination is coming back .
    It's as if all the exams are finished. What's wrong with me lol.
    My exam isn't until Wednesday I tried to do an hour study but I got bored and left it :S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Haha I've stayed in bed all weekend just watching things on the laptop or playing a game or on boards. Procrastination is coming back .
    It's as if all the exams are finished. What's wrong with me lol.
    My exam isn't until Wednesday I tried to do an hour study but I got bored and left it :S.

I have that feeling, just given up and pretended it's summer :pac: You doin Economics as well? :)

I have that feeling, just given up and pretended it's summer :pac: You doin Economics as well? :)

Yep I've only picked it up this year so this is the subject to study for the most.
    I've not proper studied it for about 3/4 weeks. I've not looked at past papers for a while either. I'm just learning everything off now instead. I need to learn all of the curren figures.

I know it feels like it's summer and plus nearly everyone is finished their exams.

Well... I'm very mature for my age!! I didn't do ty but still I didn't know 17 was that young :eek: I better not be like the youngest in my course :P Then again one of my friends will be 16 starting college!
    Hold on, are you going to Galway too?

You're not that young, it's not unusually young at all, I just got it in my head somehow that you were much older than me. And nope, Trinity (hopefully!) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭frantic190

leaveiton wrote: »
    I don't get IDd around where I live if I'm buying drink, but if I'm in Tesco/Dunnes in town the always ask me. Was buying some stuff in Dunnes a few weeks back, the woman asked for my ID. No problem, handed over my Age Card to her. She looked at it for a good few seconds, handed it back to me and went "How old are you?" I was a bit taken aback because she'd clearly just seen my date of birth on my Age Card, which is something you can't even have unless you're 18! :P Got my drink in the end though so it was grand :cool:

Is the picture on your age card not a bit dodgy? :p I want to see if I can get away with yours someday.

Does anyone else sing or even dance around the house when there's no one else in?
    Sometimes I do then I start to wonder if the neighbours can hear me and then stop :L.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

frantic190 wrote: »
    Is the picture on your age card not a bit dodgy? :p I want to see if I can get away with yours someday.

You probably could, it seems to look like everyone :P She seemed genuinely confused though when she asked what age I was!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement