Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I've got it, Arts. Maths and Irish are my two favourite subjects in school so why not just continue with what I love. Of course Maths alone would be monotonous and dreary but if I study a language alongside I won't get bored. UCD allows that combination I think, sorry Trinity, tough luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What's everyone's 2nd choice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

Theoretical Physics :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Ally7

I've radiation therapy in trinity down as my second choice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I still haven't made my mind up :(

• Advertisement

I've business information systems . But I keep thinking of possibly changing it to my first but it has less points so it's probably better as my 2nd. My other university choice is just across the road from me. It's feels too close not sure if thats good or bad :S.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Yep I've only picked it up this year so this is the subject to study for the most.
    I've not proper studied it for about 3/4 weeks. I've not looked at past papers for a while either. I'm just learning everything off now instead. I need to learn all of the curren figures.

I know it feels like it's summer and plus nearly everyone is finished their exams.

Yeah exactly, like everyone's goin on about summer. Just feels like there's no point at this stage :p

Yeah exactly, like everyone's goin on about summer. Just feels like there's no point at this stage :p

I know and I only have 6 subjects I can't get any less than a B. I didn't even do a mock . I don't think I'll fail it but if I don't study all I'll get is a C/D. I might just wait until tomorrow :). I've 2days to cram.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Lucario

Does anyone think the points for psychology will go up/down? I think I might change my 1st pref. to it but I'm not too sure about the points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Haha, are you on about that video from RAG week this year? Mental :pac: Who's a sexy garda :P

Haha yeah, it's gas 'cause I was there the Wednesday before that - it was slightly quieter then! :P
    Does anyone else sing or even dance around the house when there's no one else in?
    Sometimes I do then I start to wonder if the neighbours can hear me and then stop :L.

>_>

<_<

Yes. :P
    Eathrin wrote: »
    I've got it, Arts.

Arts is always the answer. :D
    I still haven't made my mind up :(

I can't decide between my first and second. :( I'm trying to decide by figuring out which one I'd be more heartbroken to not study again. :( :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jmclee

Why is there the bad reputation with arts? Can someone be honest and tell me why some people are against it? My mum doesn't seem too keen on me doing history and something there because of huge class sizes and that, are arts subjects just looked upon better in trinity because of smaller class sizes? I wanted to do history and political science in trinity but the LC didn't go to plan unfortunately so would history and politics as part of arts in ucd be worlds apart? Ucd arts kind of confuses me to be honest

I know and I only have 6 subjects I can't get any less than a B. I didn't even do a mock . I don't think I'll fail it but if I don't study all I'll get is a C/D. I might just wait until tomorrow :). I've 2days to cram.

Ah try not to cram economics, you've to take time studying graphs and stuff. Physics tomorrow is pass and my throw away subject so can't motivate myself to do anything, do really want my course though, it looks so perfect :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Wanchor wrote: »
    Theoretical Physics :D

That's my 3rd! My 2nd is General Science in NUIG.
    What's your number 1? Computer Science I suppose? :P

I'm already doubting myself now. Why is Arts in UCD 200 points less than in TCD??
    Usually points don't bother me but when it's that big a difference it does.

I'm already doubting myself now. Why is Arts in UCD 200 points less than in TCD??

It might have way more places than in TCD.

Ah try not to cram economics, you've to take time studying graphs and stuff. Physics tomorrow is pass and my throw away subject so can't motivate myself to do anything, do really want my course though, it looks so perfect :D

True I hate the graphs I might do more macro I'm still trying to decide because then I need al of the current figures.
    Same my course looks perfect too I need 4 B1s and C3 in maths to get it. I've no idea if I've gotten those grades in my last tests.

Maybe it depends on the demand for your course and most of Trinity's courses have pretty high points.

Togepi wrote: »
    Haha yeah, it's gas 'cause I was there the Wednesday before that - it was slightly quieter then! :P

>_>

<_<

Yes. :P

I'm always trying to sing along to Kelly Clarkson lmao :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Is it really good yeah? :P Do they play good tunes/is it nice inside or is it just that it's class craic?
    Yeah, it's quite fun! It really depends on the night though. Sometimes it can be really really packed and then it's just ****, and then other it's not that busy at all that the dance floor is like awkwardly empty. But usually it's good craic! Most of my friends prefer Carbon and I keep meaning to go there but I never do! :p
    If you're going out in Galway, head to Supermacs. *Rave* :D
    Hahaha I agree, best part of the night, every night :D

Is anyone from boards going out in Galway on Thursday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Tomorrow is D-Day.Physics and Accounting.I've been dreading this day ever since I saw the exam timetable for the first time. It is going to be horrible.

• Advertisement

It might have way more places than in TCD.
    Not necessarily a good thing
    Maybe it depends on the demand for your course and most of Trinity's courses have pretty high points.
    In general the points between the colleges are more or less the same. Neither is actually better than the other.

True I hate the graphs I might do more macro I'm still trying to decide because then I need al of the current figures.
    Same my course looks perfect too I need 4 B1s and C3 in maths to get it. I've no idea if I've gotten those grades in my last tests.

I only need a B3 in English for mine and I'd say I got that! :pac: All about points after that

Hahaha I agree, best part of the night, every night biggrin.gif

We do the same thing in our local Supermacs after every night out - obviously on a waaay smaller scale, and without the mental singing. pacman.gif

No but it would explain the points difference. It's not great if you'd like really small classes, but if there's way more places there than TCD then the demand for TCD will naturally be higher so the points will too! Do you know what other subjects you'd do with Arts?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Can't decide between Game Development in Athlone or Maths in Cambridge......

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Yeah, it's quite fun! It really depends on the night though. Sometimes it can be really really packed and then it's just ****, and then other it's not that busy at all that the dance floor is like awkwardly empty. But usually it's good craic! Most of my friends prefer Carbon and I keep meaning to go there but I never do! :p

Hahaha I agree, best part of the night, every night :D

Is anyone from boards going out in Galway on Thursday night?

Erm, apparently that's called off! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

@Cian - you could do French with it too! I remember you saying a few months ago that you actually liked French and regretted not working at it!

In general the points between the colleges are more or less the same. Neither is actually better than the other.

Just pick which course seems better to you and has the modules you like it doesn't matter too much about the points :).
    And they're both good colleges . My cousin studies irish in tcd along with another language I think she needed around 500 something.

I only need a B3 in English for mine and I'd say I got that! :pac: All about points after that

Aw I want an A but most likely I'll get a B1 from the way the exams were. I could be wrong. I have two offers in England as well so I really don't know what place to go to.

Aw I want an A but most likely I'll get a B1 from the way the exams were. I could be wrong. I have two offers in England as well so I really don't know what place to go to.

Sher you'll have it figured by the time it comes around :)

• Advertisement

No but it would explain the points difference. It's not great if you'd like really small classes, but if there's way more places there than TCD then the demand for TCD will naturally be higher so the points will too! Do you know what other subjects you'd do with Arts?

I would like small classes, not tiny, somewhere around 40 would be good, but 100 would just be way too crowded.

I would do Maths and Irish as my first two, then I think you can do up to 5 in first year? Maybe English, Economics and French.
    @Cian - you could do French with it too! I remember you saying a few months ago that you actually liked French and regretted not working at it!
    It is a nice language tbh, I might do it as an additional subject in first year, then might go and study in France on the study abroad year!
    Just pick which course seems better to you and has the modules you like it doesn't matter too much about the points :).
    And they're both good colleges . My cousin studies irish in tcd along with another language I think she needed around 500 something.
    Yeah in TCD you would need upwards of 500 for most arts degrees, whereas in UCD it's more like 350. Points don't usually bother me and this will probably sound a small bit obnoxious, but that is just too low! Even if it was over 400 I wouldn't think twice about it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement