Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Okay guys, this has been a long time coming...

I'M LEAVING YOU ALL :(

(for three weeks :P)

I'm going to america tomorrow with my dad and sister til the 11th of july, oh god, its such a long time away from home and i'm missing all the fun things i'd planned months in advance :mad: but hey, vanilla coke, i cant complain.

so i might or might not be making some more posts before i go but just in case, i didnt die, im just livin' it up in amurica.

Your so lucky, I would love to be going to the states for 3 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm going to america tomorrow with my dad and sister til the 11th of july, oh god, its such a long time away from home and i'm missing all the fun things i'd planned months in advance :mad: but hey, vanilla coke, i cant complain.

so i might or might not be making some more posts before i go but just in case, i didnt die, im just livin' it up in amurica.

Dey haz internetz in merica too Patchy:(
    What if you come back and we've set up a thread somewhere else and you can't find us? Actually, just check Pokemon and Mustard, its bound to be in one of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I know! But my blackberry's wifi didnt work in Paris as yiz may have noticed :( Plus boards isnt very fun on that. :P

If all else fails...I'll subscribe and check the sex forum. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

nooooooooooo D:
    imma miss you bestie :'( I've said it enough times :P :(
    have fun though and don't be worrying too much :P relax :D *hugs*

Now cracks a noble heart </3 :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Eathrin wrote: »
    Oh no, rather than studying today, I've just been going back and forth in my mind about whether I should do Arts or not:(
    I honestly don't know whether I should put Arts or a more "prestigious" course down as 1st choice.

If you want to do Arts, then do it! I know you're worrying about UCD in comparison to Trinity pointswise, but from what I've heard, Trinity isn't the best for Arts anyway. No point doing a "prestigious" course if you're not going to enjoy it as much as Arts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

leaveiton wrote: »
    Everyone seems to have it down as at least a back-up, it feels like I should too! :P Even though my 3rd choice would interest me much more and is the same points as most arts courses in the country :pac: Might just stick it in as no. 10 before the change of mind for the craic.

Haha yeah just for the sake of it. All my courses are IT Business related. I feel the need to put down Spanish lol I've always wanted to learn it. I did for lik2 2 years.

I know! But my blackberry's wifi didnt work in Paris as yiz may have noticed :( Plus boards isnt very fun on that. :P

If all else fails...I'll subscribe and check the sex forum. :P

If you have a itouch and somewhere with wifi like a hotel . Your hotel might have computers :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

So. Not. Jealous! </3

Have fun, don't miss us too much! :P

Oh no, rather than studying today, I've just been going back and forth in my mind about whether I should do Arts or not:(
    I honestly don't know whether I should put Arts or a more "prestigious" course down as 1st choice.

Go with your instinct whichever course it's telling you . I know it sounds stupid lol it really works :). You've still got time to think about it .

• Advertisement

Now cracks a noble heart </3 :(
    trying not to make a big emotional scene on boards :P :( </3
    you're off to seek the great perhaps :P ill miss you dearly :'( heart is broken :(

My Sisters Keeper is on , not sure whether to watch I find it hard to watch.
    I keep looking at clothes websites for some bizarre reason procrastination stops tomorrow :).

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

My Sisters Keeper is on , not sure whether to watch I find it hard to watch.
    I keep looking at clothes websites for some bizarre reason procrastination stops tomorrow :).

You say that now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

So... starting physics study now. I hate studying physics, it was interesting when I first learnt it, now it's just so boring. I'll stay up til around 2 and try to glance over most of the course anyway I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I just typed in sexaminations.ie by accident, ohoho

Wanchor wrote: »
    You say that now..

Haha I will , I'm thinking of using the self-control app tomorrow and blocking everything for the day. Thats what I normally do . I haven't this weekend. I'd be lost without that app.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Go to Karma! Carbon is just always...sweaty :-/ :P

>_> :eek: Damn, forgot the one night we were thinking of heading out is the night all the likkle LC's will be out! :P
    Hahaha, you remind me of my friend! :p She's in NUIG and she just finished her first year. She was telling me after the first open day in like October (so she had been in uni for less than 2 months at the time) that she had gotten so condescending, she said that her and her friends were sulking around the campus scowling at the people who were there for the open day going "God, the place is INFESTED with leaving certs, they're so annoying. Ugh they're like locusts in the library" etc :p
    I'm glad that I got over that pretentiousness, for lack of a better word, in like March. I always knew that I wanted to do Arts but I knew I'd look smarter if I did a 'better' course. In the end I decided I'm doing Arts and I'm glad I did! :)

Hahaha, you remind me of my friend! :p She's in NUIG and she just finished her first year. She was telling me after the first open day in like October (so she had been in uni for less than 2 months at the time) that she had gotten so condescending, she said that her and her friends were sulking around the campus scowling at the people who were there for the open day going "God, the place is INFESTED with leaving certs, they're so annoying. Ugh they're like locusts in the library" etc :p

Now you've reminded me of my friend. :P We were out one night, no more than two weeks after her 18th, and we went into Supermacs because we weren't bothering to go to a nightclub or anything. Anyway, it was full of young wans who couldn't get into the local club, and she just walks in and goes to the rest of us - "ugh, the smell of underagers in here!" :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

you're off to seek the great perhaps :P ill miss you dearly :'( heart is broken :(

Oh no HK, you've got it wrong

You see Patchy here is going into isolation for 3 weeks to try and level his pokémon in Heart Gold/Soul Silver enough so he'll be able totryand battle me, but, in all fairness, imma whoop his ass.. ;) :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Togepi wrote: »
    Now you've reminded me of my friend. :P We were out one night, no more than two weeks after her 18th, and we went into Supermacs because we weren't bothering to go to a nightclub or anything. Anyway, it was full of young wans who couldn't get into the local club, and she just walks in and goes to the rest of us - "ugh, the smell of underagers in here!" :pac:

People who do that are so annoying >:|

• Advertisement

finality wrote: »
    People who do that are so annoying >:|

Are you not 18? :eek: Ah it was still funny though 'cause she had just turned 18. She wouldn't have said it purposely to insult any of the gang there, she was just having a laugh! Nothing personal. :P

leaveiton wrote: »
    If you want to do Arts, then do it! I know you're worrying about UCD in comparison to Trinity pointswise, but from what I've heard, Trinity isn't the best for Arts anyway. No point doing a "prestigious" course if you're not going to enjoy it as much as Arts.
    This x1000. Cian if you look at the arts block in tcd it seems to me they really just have it for the sake of it and it's really unappealing. I've heard theres writing in the toilets saying "Whats the difference between a triangle and an arts student? A triangle has more points" and all sorts of awfully snobby stuff, whereas UCD is the place to be :P
    (What I mean by that is I'll be there and kitty might be too mwahaha)
    Na scriobh chugam, gan aon ni a ra le heinne a mhaire </3
    ChemHickey wrote: »

You see Patchy here is going into isolation for 3 weeks to try and level his pokémon in Heart Gold/Soul Silver enough so he'll be able to try and battle me, but, in all fairness, imma whoop his ass.. ;) :pac:
    HA, you wish biotch, I'm just giving you a few weeks to up your game...and by god, after that pathetic performance with your water Pokemon not being able to beat my Ninetales you're gonna need every second!! :P

What subjects do you like/dislike that you studied for the lc?

If you were to pick subjects again would you choose any different subjects or not do some of the ones that you chose?

ChemHickey wrote: »

You see Patchy here is going into isolation for 3 weeks to try and level his pokémon in Heart Gold/Soul Silver enough so he'll be able to tryand battle me, but, in all fairness, imma whoop his ass.. ;) :pac:

Oh thats it :L :P It'll take him 3 weeks of intense training to beat my team too :P

I'd take the two of you at once no sweat but kitty "doesnt have wifi" (despite posting here!!! :P) and chemhickey's connection "doesnt work" :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

This x1000. Cian if you look at the arts block in tcd it seems to me they really just have it for the sake of it and it's really unappealing. I've heard theres writing in the toilets saying "Whats the difference between a triangle and an arts student? A triangle has more points" and all sorts of awfully snobby stuff, whereas UCD is the place to be :P
    (What I mean by that is I'll be there and kitty might be too mwahaha)
    P

Oh dear you've just reminded me that the UCD arts block is an absolute disaster of a building. Even if tcd is worse!
    Then again, me and Patchy can be besties:)

"I don't always talk to arts students, but sometimes I need to order a Big Mac with Fries.":pac:

I'd take the two of you at once no sweat but kitty "doesnt have wifi" (despite posting here!!! :P) and chemhickey's connection "doesnt work" :P

I don't have wi-fi :P I have this 3 stick thingy for internet :P Plus you're lucky I don't have wi-fi, I'd beat you biotch :P

What subjects do you like/dislike that you studied for the lc?

If you were to pick subjects again would you choose any different subjects or not do some of the ones that you chose?
    Hated history and didnt like business much. If I could go back I'd pick economics over business - its easier and if it werent for business I'd have been in all my friends' classes :( And they got every good teacher and I got every bad one, it was unreal...except we both had the same good French teacher. Then she left. Then they got put into the better teacher's class and because my timetable didnt fit, I was left in a mixed ability class with a new teacher who always paired me with people who ended up doing OL, completely unfair :(

</rant> :P

I'd have had such a better time if I'd done that and I definitely would've gotten higher grades, it wasnt me being lazy, my French teacher actually refused to do stuff that "wasnt on the course" (like the subjunctive tense) and I had to teach myself. :L
    Eathrin wrote:
    Oh dear you've just reminded me that the UCD arts block is an absolute disaster of a building. Even if tcd is worse!
    Then again, me and Patchy can be besties

"I don't always talk to arts students, but sometimes I need to order a Big Mac with Fries."
    It's beautiful! TCD reminds me of a bloody train station toilet :L
    We're not besties already? ;_;
    Ahahahaha, you wont even be able to talk to me once I become fluent in Spanish and more fluent in French :P

And kitty stop being deluded :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

HA, you wish biotch, I'm just giving you a few weeks to up your game...and by god, after that pathetic performance with your water Pokemon not being able to beat my Ninetales you're gonna need every second!! :P

Hey, you withdrew you're ninetales so I couldn't even battle it! :L :cool:
    Oh thats it :L It'll take him 3 weeks of intense training to beat my team too

I'd destroy your team HK... ;) Heart gold/Soul Silver ya? :L
    I'd take the two of you at once no sweat but kitty "doesnt have wifi" (despite posting here!!! ) and chemhickey's connection "doesnt work"

It was your connection that wasn't working ;) I just think you were to afraid to be beaten by pokémon 10 levels weaker :L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Time to start studying :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement