Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I wish I could do just 4 school subjects.

English
    Maths
    Business
    Economics

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Fcuking massive flying spider comes in through my bathroom window while I'm brushing my teeth. Insects ruin summer!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

ChemHickey wrote: »
    There's a spider on my floor with 4 legs, 3 on one side and one the other. I feel bad for him even though I have spiders but I'm more worried of what ate its legs.

And we're back OT.

You have a pet spider :eek:
    Maybe it broke it's leg?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Literally nothing worse than moths and midges. One makes my skin crawl, the other ruins everything during the summer by being so fúcking annoying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

There's a spider on my floor with 4 legs, 3 on one side and one the other. I feel bad for him even though I have spiders but I'm more worried of what ate its legs.

And we're back OT.

You have a pet spider :eek:
    Maybe it broke it's leg?

Sorry. predictive text

HATE. not have.

*how embarrassing

• Advertisement

Sorry. predictive text

HATE. not have.

*how embarrassing

I actually read it as hate the first time anyway! :L

Literally nothing worse than moths and midges. One makes my skin crawl, the other ruins everything during the summer by being so fúcking annoying

dragonflies_slide1.jpg

I hate these guys, there just so freaky looking, look at it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

OMG hate moths with a passion and butterflies.... freaky things make me shiver !! :(

I hate every type of insect.
    I rarely open my window I don't want moths flying around the room or spiders.I had to try hard not to freak out.

I remember during the maths exam for paper 1 a little spider was crawling on my desk. I had to try hard not to freak out, I just ended up squashing it with a rubber :(.
    Bees are the worst if one flies in or anywhere near me then I'm gone. And if I'm out and a bee flies anywhere around my I start dodging to avoid it's really annoying if you're by yourself.
    I can't even look at pictures of bees. No one post pics of them lol .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I was in after school study one of the days and just as study began I opened my bag and there was a GIANT spider sitting on my books. So I sat. For a good while until the teacher started giving me dirty looks so I whipped out my book, flung him across the room at someone else and started working... it was an adrenaline filled study I can tell you that.

• Advertisement

In english class one this big bumble flew in and spent the whole class flying around. We happend to be doing the Sylvia Plath poem The arrival of the bee box .(How ironic )
    I spend the whole class dodging and watching the bee . I really wanted to run out of the room but I didn't want to in front of the class.

I killed a giant moth one time, I mean this guy was the size of a golf ball, at least. The disturbing part was feeling it's bones crush. Sorry, I don't enjoy ending lives, but you cannot be that big and scary and in my home and not expect a tragic end.

I'm never doing gardening or buying flowers for my house or they have to be fake.
    I'm avoiding being anywhere around insects. I can actually cope camping suprisingly :).
    I'm glad I have a cat gets rid of all the insects.

I have no problem with insects and the outside, just stay the fck away from my living space!:eek:

Glad to see some other moth-haters in here. Like I don't mind spiders or anything else that much, just blasted moths freak the **** outta me. :( Don't like butterflies either as it's the same concept, they still flutter. Eugh, even the word disgusts me

Edit: for some godforsaken reason, being the mentally challenged idiot I am, I decided to type 'giant moths' into google. Cannot be unseen :(

Eathrin wrote: »
    I have no problem with insects and the outside, just stay the fck away from my living space!:eek:

Insects are so intruding lol they come unannounced. I always find spiders in my house or sometimes moths. One was in the shower of all places for 3 days :(.

God, that reminds me, it's almost earwig season. It seems like only last week they were crawling around :(

We're gonna be having some nightmares thinking about insects/bugs before sleeping lmao.

insect talk is worse than piercing pictures :/ ugh I'm shuddering :( and I dunno how you can kill them I'm such a baby I have to get my mam to do it :P :(

I hate mice too I had them in my old house . Luckily I got a cat.
    I found one of the mice underneath the sofa when I was getting my cats ball it was right in front of me . I just left the room in shock not wanting to scream lol.

• Advertisement

I hate mice too I had them in my old house . Luckily I got a cat.
    I found one of the mice underneath the sofa when I was getting my cats ball it was right in front of me . I just left the room in shock not wanting to scream lol.
    do you know what's worse than mice, rats !! and cause I live on a farm they are everywhere :( like there is loads out in the shed and I swear you see them running around and squeaking :( I miss my cat :(

I cant kill anything, I always have to trap them and let them go outside. I don't mind getting the spiders or daddy long legs or whatever out, but someone else disposes of the moths for me :p I'll kill wasps though, I never feel guilty after killing them because they're the knackers of the insect world, the aggressive fúckers

I always get my cat to chase the fly or I call my mum to get rid of it.
    Or I leave the room open the window close the door and hope the thing leaves.
    I don't have the heart to kill it I can't go near it to anyway lol.

How do you kill a wasp without it attacking you?

God, that reminds me, it's almost earwig season. It seems like only last week they were crawling around :(

Ever get pinched by one, it's actually kinda sore. :(

I always get my cat to chase the fly or I call my mum to get rid of it.
    Or I leave the room open the window close the door and hope the thing leaves.
    I don't have the heart to kill it I can't go near it to anyway lol.

How do you kill a wasp without it attacking you?
    I'm unstoppable with a rolled up magazine, they don't even get the chance to try :cool:
    Martin_94 wrote: »
    Ever get pinched by one, it's actually kinda sore. :(

...my whole life i've been told that they can't pinch you, now i'm going to be extra freaked out by them :O

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭smithy77

I've been stung twice by wasps.. Little sh*ts need shooting!!!

Edit: Look at that for an earwig!!!!

Earwig_iruppu.jpg

I've never seen an earwig before now :o .
    They look freaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

One time in business there was this huge wasp flying around and we were all like OH MY GOD DDDDDDDDD: (naturally, for an all boys school :P) when this one guy just got up, walked over too the window and squished it with his bare hand, it was hilarious :')
    If I could go back in time i'd do
    The usual suspects
    German
    French
    Biz
    Economics
    Applied maths

And yes my Sig is for patch <3
    Gasp...no history?! :P
    Yay <3
    I've never seen an earwig before now :o .
    They look freaky.
    Fvgtftvgbhjuhygtf they are the WORST, when I was 15/16 I got out of the shower and I was getting changed and felt something (you can tell where this going), turned around to see my back in the mirror and there was a huge earwig on me :(:(:(

Also lads this is too early for me to be up fml I'm dying :pac:
    Gonna miss everyone oh god ;_;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

My older brother used to catch butterflies when he was smaller and stuff them down the back of my t-shirt. :eek:

Strangely enough, they don't bother me at all now. :pac: :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

What's with all the insect hate? Biology should teach you to conserve species. :cool:
    I usually just grab insects and put them out the window. They're harmless.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement