Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

reznov wrote: »
    What's with all the insect hate? Biology should teach you to conserve species. :cool:
    I usually just grab insects and put them out the window. They're harmless.

Nah, I don't kill them- I've to dispose of all the slugs for my sister however. they freak her out! Tis bad luck to kill a spider in your home apparently! =S

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Nah, I don't kill them- I've to dispose of all the slugs for my sister however. they freak her out! Tis bad luck to kill a spider in your home apparently! =S

If you kill a spider, you've effectively ended any hope of obtaining 625.

Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Random_Person

soo.. anyone going Wrights on Wednesday? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Eathrin wrote: »
    I killed a giant moth one time, I mean this guy was the size of a golf ball, at least. The disturbing part was feeling it's bones crush. Sorry, I don't enjoy ending lives, but you cannot be that big and scary and in my home and not expect a tragic end.

HAHAHA. oh god

This one time I was in English with my friend and there was a tiny spider dangling from the roof, so it was hanging right in front of us. So we grabbed the end of the web/stringy thing it was hanging from and started moving around, messing with it, it didn't seem to care. Then all of a sudden it SHOT like a bullet at my friend's face, I didn't even know spiders could propel themselves through the air at supersonic speed before that. :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

finality wrote: »
    This one time I was in English with my friend and there was a tiny spider dangling from the roof, so it was hanging right in front of us. So we grabbed the end of the web/stringy thing it was hanging from and started moving around, messing with it, it didn't seem to care. Then all of a sudden it SHOT like a bullet at my friend's face, I didn't even know spiders could propel themselves through the air at supersonic speed before that. :L

That reminds me of when they used the unforgivable curses on the three spiders in Harry Potter. :( </3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Epsi

I'm free! I'm finally free!

*ignites a large bonfire of school books while laughing like a maniac*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Guys I just counted up, this thread is only 69 days old.. And there's been over 8348 replies! :L

That's an average of 121 replies a day! :P That's disgraceful! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I just received a scholarship for Aberdeen...

CTYIgirl wrote: »

Jaysus, congrats!! Aberdeen's lovely, I was tempted to apply for a few courses there. Which college is it? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Grats :D
    So weird that I'm actually finished the LC, hard to believe :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Guys I just counted up, this thread is only 69 days old.. And there's been over 8348 replies! :L

That's an average of 121 replies a day! :P That's disgraceful! :L
    Lol 69

Guys you cannot talk about finishing the LC yet.
    On the 22nd of June when I finish you have permission. Think of my emotions. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Took the weekend off ... now I don't even wanna look at an economics book ..... Ugh I just want it to be over :(

How'd you get that? Just interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Took the weekend off ... now I don't even wanna look at an economics book ..... Ugh I just want it to be over :(

I'm the same , I need to go over a lot. I've been doing economics for the morning. I've got more to cover. I haven't studied it since about 3/4 weeks ago .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

finality wrote: »
    How'd you get that? Just interested :)

Got a bursary, they go through all the EU applicants and award it to the one with the 'strongest cultural background'. I've been to Dáil na nÓg and the like, so I got it!

I'm the same , I need to go over a lot. I've been doing economics for the morning. I've got more to cover. I haven't studied it since about 3/4 weeks ago .

Same, I neglected it cause I was like "sure I have 4 whole days to study it"
    Omg I'm such a fool !! :(

Ugh same, I've another 7 chapters to do tonight for chemistry, then about 16 experiments to learn in the morning. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

I thought jaysus sure I have a full week off to study for it...it's Monday afternoon and I've done nothing :pac:

Same, I neglected it cause I was like "sure I have 4 whole days to study it"
    Omg I'm such a fool !! :(

Same I had from Wednesday I decided to give myself a break and start at the weekend now I'm down to 2days and the morning. I need a high grade in this too. I'm starting again from 4pm. I'm really tired though.

• Advertisement

Ugh same, I've another 7 chapters to do tonight for chemistry, then about 16 experiments to learn in the morning. :(

:( is that tomorrow ? :( Best of luck anyways :)
    The whole economics course to be learnt :/ need my A1 :(
    Ugh Coeur the feeling of shame and regret... and I'm still procrastinating :( :L

Joey. wrote: »
    I thought jaysus sure I have a full week off to study for it...it's Monday afternoon and I've done nothing :pac:

I'm the exact same, everyone was stressing about how squished together their exams were and I was laughing them going 'haha, I have 5 whole days to study for chemistry, hate to be you!' Now they're all finished. Oh, how the tables have turned :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

In the same boat with chemistry, thought 3 days and Tuesday morning was loads of time. Haven't done anything :( And there was me thinking I could get an A.

It seemed like a good idea with the days the 6days I had in between. Maybe it's not and just made me procrastinate even more. I wish I was off already :(.
    I've not put the days of to good use. I just decided I need a break from all the studying that it'll do me good.

Chemistry's grand. As long as you write your CAO Number, you're good to go.

Joey. wrote: »

And you have to study tomorrow on your bday :( :P

On an unrelated matter, Joey none of our teachers have shown up to the school to see how we are getting on etc!!! :eek: Like they seriously don't care :(

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

And you have to study tomorrow on your bday :( :P

On an unrelated matter, Joey none of our teachers have shown up to the school to see how we are getting on etc!!! :eek: Like they seriously don't care :(

I know :'( Not how I want to spend my 19th!! :(
    And yeah, I noticed that alright. I passed my french teacher the morning of the exam and she gave me a dirty look and walked on...we really are hated :pac:

I got to shake hands with one of my teachers after chatting about the exam and thanking them for everything. It was magical. <3

My Irish teacher and I hugged at the grads, and me and my French teacher are pretty much a couple :p

• Advertisement

My physics teacher said he had a dream that 31km would be on the paper... it was.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement