Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

My Irish teacher and I hugged at the grads, and me and my French teacher are pretty much a couple :p

Me and my French teacher are besties. :D And I get on really well with one or two other teachers too, which is great seeing as I only have six. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Joey.

My Irish teacher and I hugged at the grads, and me and my French teacher are pretty much a couple :p
    Togepi wrote: »
    Me and my French teacher are besties. :D And I get on really well with one or two other teachers too, which is great seeing as I only have six. :P

Really? Even after 6 years, I'm not convinced that some of my teachers realise that my name isn't Joanne :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I haven't seen any of my teachers. I did see my geography teacher though he was asking a few people how their test went he didn't ask me. I did skip his classes in the last two weeks though. I don't think any of the teachers are around.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

NONE of my teachers are in school. They don't give a flying **** at this stage. I mean not a single one, except my old JC teachers which are so sound.

Joey. wrote: »
    Really? Even after 6 years, I'm not convinced that some of my teachers realise that my name isn't Joanne :(

Teachers are generally sounder to repeats, they talk to you like, like you're a real person... :pac:

Didn't get on as well with all of them last year, and had six then too (for exam subjects anyway). One of them was pure sound, and then rest were just a bit less craic, but I had nothing (much) against them. :P

I've always got on great with my French teacher though, and then I get on well with the others now 'cause you just end up talking to them more when you're repeating. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I just remembered on Wednesday I'll be in a different exam centre and in the hall.
    Isit sad that I'm actually going to miss my exam desk by the window?
    I don't want to be in the hall :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

My Geography teacher only did with our class characteristics of biomes and soils.
    Neither came up.
    No surprise he didn't show up then :pac:

And of course zero other teachers from my school were there anyway. Out of a staff of around 50, I'd say there's about 3 good teachers, and I wish I was joking.

Wesc. wrote: »
    My Geography teacher only did with our class characteristics of biomes and soils.
    Neither came up.
    No surprise he didn't show up then :pac:

And of course zero other teachers from my school were there anyway. Out of a staff of around 50, I'd say there's about 3 good teachers, and I wish I was joking.

Same situation here unfortunately.

My English teacher predicted Plath and heaney. She reassured of women coming up too as a Hamlet question..... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

finality wrote: »
    My physics teacher said he had a dream that 31km would be on the paper... it was.

Our teacher kept saying that I will get away with it if I didn't study any Mechanics or Electricity.

I did :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

To be fair a good few of our teachers did turn up before hand or afterwards, but there was a few who didn't.

Does anyone else have a teacher in there school that does absolutely nothing, hardly ever comes in, gets students to get him stuff (water etc..) and is involved in every extra curricular activity that's going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

My English, Irish, French and biology teachers were there. I'm not sure whether or not my maths teacher showed up as I left maths like an hour early. My business teacher didn't show up which was really weird since we're a small class and we all got along really well, and she was really dedicated like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

None of my teachers showed up after any exams. They are on holidays like.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

One teacher appeared today and that's it. Kudos to him though.

Looking back, I feel kinda bad at how our class (of around 8) treated our Art teacher. She was great for the practical but they History ..the History. We preyed on her gullible nature and her incredible naivety when it came to controlling the class. She had the class setup in such a way that we could get away with anything.

Every class got a projector installed and a laptop for each teacher. She had no idea how to use computer so she got me to control it. With her back to the projector screen, she tried to teach the class and I'd be alt-tabbing between videos on Youtube. "Fat people falling" was the usual preference of most of us. We even changed a Wikipedia page and she bought it. xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Martin_94 wrote: »
    To be fair a good few of our teachers did turn up before hand or afterwards, but there was a few who didn't.

Does anyone else have a teacher in there school that does absolutely nothing, hardly ever comes in, gets students to get him stuff (water etc..) and is involved in every extra curricular activity that's going.
    sounds like a certain maths teacher and physics teacher in my school :L
    my old science teacher used to play pranks on us and vice versa :') hence why I don't do any science subjects for LC

Wanchor wrote: »
    One teacher appeared today and that's it. Kudos to him though.

Looking back, I feel kinda bad at how our class (of around 8) treated our Art teacher. She was great for the practical but they History ..the History. We preyed on her gullible nature and her incredible naivety when it came to controlling the class. She had the class setup in such a way that we could get away with anything.

Every class got a projector installed and a laptop for each teacher. She had no idea how to use computer so she got me to control it. With her back to the projector screen, she tried to teach the class and I'd be alt-tabbing between videos on Youtube. "Fat people falling" was the usual preference of most of us. We even changed a Wikipedia page and she bought it. xD

That's actually lousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Blaaaaah. Bad/Good weekend depending what bits you talk about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

One more to go, sweet jesus almost there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

None of my teachers have showed up, Maths teacher was like "Eh..lads I'm gonna be in Portugal during the exams so eh..good luck?" and just f*cked off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

sorry you just reminded me that our science teacher did "experiments" with us such as putting mentoes in coke and watching it explode :L and I can't remember the other one we did :L we also had a snow fight with him :L
    oh and he was a maths teacher too and we had to explain to him that pythagras theorem didn't apply to all triangles :') oh that man :L
    oh and the smartest girl in our class was blond so he used to tell us a new dumb blond joke everyday :') oh I miss my jc science classes :')

Only one of my teachers so far didn't show up, although I might have just missed her. I'd actually be fairly surprised if she didn't come in at all. And then the English teacher told us she'd be abroad so that was fair enough! :P Maths teacher was in before and after both papers. Didn't even have time to talk to her before the first one because I was about two minutes early for the exam, but she made sure to wish me luck before I went out! <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

One of the new teachers claimed to have masters in maths but didn't know what induction was.............

One of the new teachers claimed to have masters in maths but didn't know what induction was.............

Oh there are many masters alright. :rolleyes:
    Considering that less than 10% of Maths teachers have a Maths qualification.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Accounting was great :) ended with the best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

reznov wrote: »

I just love those teachers. Had one back in 1st year. Its so much fun being smarter than your "teacher". He let me teach the class once ( greatest moment of my life.......... so far)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

reznov wrote: »

My grinds teacher has a masters but isnt allowes to teach because she doesn't have a second subject ! Load of $+ite seeing that some have no qualification !!!!!

I just love those teachers. Had one back in 1st year. Its so much fun being smarter than your "teacher". He let me teach the class once ( greatest moment of my life.......... so far)

He sounds quite competent. And the government wonders why people fail Maths. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I can't even count how many times I've had to (some other lads did aswell) do a question on the board to explain it to my Maths teacher.. he's like a 23 year old civil engineer :P

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

Ally7 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the nightclubs in cork are very strict on ID? I'm planning on going there in september but won't be 18 for a good. It into the year :(
    If you want to get into anywhere good you will need a pretty good ID, probably a real one that looks like you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I feel obliged to say that twice in my accounting exam 2 different spiders scuttled across my desk.

THEY WERE BLOWN TO SMITHERINES.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Hey guys, I'ma be travelling from Donegal to Cork on the 21st and 23rd (interview thingy on the 22nd down there!). I'm gona get the bus down to Dublin then a train to Cork down there and back again. What I was wondering is, if it says on the Irish Rail website that tickets are sold out, does that mean that they're sold out at the stations as well? Like, I couldn't just go to Heuston Station and buy a ticket there? D: 'Cos if I can't, it's going to make it waay harder to get to Cork. :|

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement