Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I would say try and get 4 or 5 hours at least, imagine being exhausted and nearly falling asleep in the exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

You could sleep early and or sleep at like 11/12 then wake up at 6/7am and do 2 hours study or you could wake up earlier if you need more time. That's what I've been doing. I usually my forget some information or be tired if I did an all nighter and by looking at it in the morning it'll still be fresh in my mind when you get into the exam. I'm not even a morning person. If you normally do all nighters and know that it works for you , you could do an all nighter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

The oh so awkward moment when your dad walks in while you're doing your I beat the leaving cert victory dance :o *facepalm*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Music tomorrow and I've watched about 12 episodes of Seinfeld in a row... sure it'll be grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

I'm done.... forever....unless I repeat...

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE WHO IS STILL GOING>>>> KEEP STRONG AND DON'T PROCRASTINATE, IT's ALMOST OVER

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Well here it is, as promised to my fellow LCers, post number 3000.
    Incredible thing, to actually put a number on my epic procrastination this year, and still coming into the final days:D
    Thanks for the laughs guys, and I hope it doesn't end here!

Anyone watching Dear John? :'( Its so sad :(
    That's another book that will be going on my to read list :)

Anyone watching Dear John? :'( Its so sad :(
    That's another book that will be going on my to read list :)

Yeah I'm watching it my favourite movie ever I have it on dvd as well. I watched the movie before reading the book. The book is brilliant. It's the only book I'll read more than once and I'm not normally a reader.
    The best romance movie :p . I've seen this so many times.

Bearing in mind I am a guy, and this is a romance movie, should I still watch it?

The part where John says "No matter where you are in the world,the moon is never bigger than your thumb."
    I love that line I've always wanted to try that :).

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    Bearing in mind I am a guy, and this is a romance movie, should I still watch it?

Watch it !!! What you got to lose ? ;) :P I'm hooked already and it's only the start :)

It's a good movie :). It's not overboard romance even though it is a romantic movie. It has a deeper story behind it.

The part where John says "No matter where you are in the world,the moon is never bigger than your thumb."

Who does this John fellow think he is? Uh yeah the moon is bigger than your thumb. It's called perspective John. Ever heard of it. No? Okay Father Ted will explain it to you. This cow is small, those cows are far away, small, far away. Got it yet John? Oh and another thing, even if we think in terms of your nonsensical logic John, it depends on how far your thumb is from your fúcking face.
    Fúcking John:mad:

I love that line too <3
    Oh I cant wait to read the book :) It reminds me of One Day kinda :)
    This line "Dear John, tell me everything. Write it all down. That way, we'll be with each other all the time even if we're not with each other at all." <3

Who does this John fellow think he is? Uh yeah the moon is bigger than your thumb. It's called perspective John. Ever heard of it. No? Okay Father Ted will explain it to you. This cow is small, those cows are far away, small, far away. Got it yet John? Oh and another thing, even if we think in terms of your nonsensical logic John, it depends on how far your thumb is from your fúcking face.

Haha he was just trying to be romantic I'm guessing lmao :).. All of the guys probably are probably thinking what you're thinking and the girls just like him being romantic lol.
    I love that line too <3
    Oh I cant wait to read the book :) It reminds me of One Day kinda :)
    This line "Dear John, tell me everything. Write it all down. That way, we'll be with each other all the time even if we're not with each other at all." <3

Yeah I must read Nicolas Sparks books. I'm not really a reader but Dear John was pretty good :).

Does anyone else never or find it hard to cry during movies?
    I've never once cried during a movie and I know loads of people who do.
    Even in the movies that are supposed to make you cry I still don't cry :S.

You're killing the romance here :P
    Yeah I must read Nicolas Sparks books. I'm not really a reader but Dear John was pretty good :).
    I've loads of his books to read... god so much books, so little time :( I'll never finish my lists :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I cried during the Rugrats movie. :( </3

Togepi wrote: »

Pokemon movie </3
    Ha I'm a crybaby even during some sad books I would have a few tears :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Just started watching Game of Thrones, apparently it's really good!

• Advertisement

Pokemon movie </3

Oh god that was so sad! :( </3 I cry so easily during movies, except I don't like full on cry my eyes out, I just get all teary. :o :P

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Does anyone else never or find it hard to cry during movies?
    I've never once cried during a movie and I know loads of people who do.
    Even in the movies that are supposed to make you cry I still don't cry :S.

The only movie I cried at is Click :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Pokemon movie </3

Pokémon movie when all the pokémon are collapsing (especially pikachu) under weakness while battling Mewtwo - the most emotional part of my childhood.

I didn't even cry watching My Sisters Keeper and that is very sad. I just found it more uncomfortable to watch more than anything and thought it was sad. I don't think I get emotionally attached to the characters everytime I watch it I'm just thinking of it as it's just a movie. Possibly Marley and Me was quite sad but then you knew what was going to happen at the end. Titanic might be a close one but still I rarely ever cry :S.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

When Dobby Died. :(:(:(

I went to a sleepover while a member of my family had cancer, and none of my friends knew this (I couldn't bring myself to tell them) and they decided to watch My Sister's Keeper... Quite possibly the worst couple of hours of my life, especially seeing as it was right before the operation which may or may not have been successful.

Said family member kicked cancer's ass though. :D

*Like a boss*

I didn't even cry watching My Sisters Keeper and that is very sad. I just found it more uncomfortable to watch more than anything and thought it was sad. I don't think I get emotionally attached to the characters everytime I watch it I'm just thinking of it as it's just a movie. Possibly Marley and Me was quite sad but then you knew what was going to happen at the end. Titanic might be a close one but still I rarely ever cry :S.

I've watched Marley and Me a good few times and it makes me cry every time. It is the only movie where I wont even try to hold back the tears, I know I'll bawl anyways :(

I went to a sleepover while a member of my family had cancer, and none of my friends knew this (I couldn't bring myself to tell them) and they decided to watch My Sister's Keeper... Quite possibly the worst couple of hours of my life.

Said family member kicked cancer's ass though. :D

My cousin walked out of the cinema during My Sisters Keeper and came back halfway through. I wouldn't have picked that movie to see .
    It's not my kind of movie I did find it slightly hard to watch and quite emotional even though I didn't cry I was probably close to.

My cousin walked out of the cinema during My Sisters Keeper and came back halfway through. I wouldn't have picked that movie to see .
    It's not my kind of movie I did find it slightly hard to watch and quite emotional even though I didn't cry I was probably close to.

Me and my friend strongly objected because neither of us saw the point in watching a movie that would depress you, but it ended up three against two in favour of watching it. We boycotted it though. :D I just listened to my iPod during it, I could still hear all the sad parts though. :cool:

• Advertisement

Me and my friend strongly objected because neither of us saw the point in watching a movie that would depress you, but it ended up three against two in favour of watching it. We boycotted it though. :D I just listened to my iPod during it, I could still hear all the sad parts though. :cool:

Haha my cousin just rang me and said her and friend are going cinema and said they were seeing this so I couldn't really decide on anything. I saw it in the cinema so I was forced to sit through it. I'm never watching it again. :L.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement