Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

The opening 5 minutes of Up
    <3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

"A Walk To Remember" another Nicolas Sparks movie that did make me cry if I remember correctly. It's really sad :( another favourite movie though. I just like Nicolas Sparks movie in general even "The Last Song". Only a few not that many movies that really make me cry lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Eathrin wrote: »
    <3
    One of the very few movies that could put me close to tears. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

BL1993 wrote: »
    Eathrin wrote: »
    <3
    One of the very few movies that could put me close to tears. :o

I was on an airplane watching it and I was almost weeping...

And I'm a 6'4'' 18 year old man!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Speaking of movies, one of my aims over the summer is to watch all of the movies that it would be kind of embarrassing for me not to have seen by now. :P

Eg: The Hangover 2 (only watched the first one last August :eek:), The Inbetweeners Movie, Inception, the last three or four Harry Potter movies (:(), The Social Network and LOADS more I either can't think of or haven't even heard of. :o I'm terrible when it comes to movies. :rolleyes:

What ones do I need to watch?? :D

Edit: Also, The Hunger Games and most horror movies and chic flicks ever made (I generally just watch comedy movies.) :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    Speaking of movies, one of my aims over the summer is to watch all of the movies that it would be kind of embarrassing for me not to have seen by now. :P

Eg: The Hangover 2 (only watched the first one last August :eek:), The Inbetweeners Movie, Inception, the last three or four Harry Potter movies (:(), The Social Network and LOADS more I either can't think of or haven't even heard of. :o I'm terrible when it comes to movies. :rolleyes:

Oh samesies :( I haven't watched most of the movies mentioned in previous posts :P and never seen Titanic through :(

You have to watch The Inbetweeners Movie (just watched it last night :P ), The Harry Potter movies are a must and The Hangover 2 :P lolz haven't seen the other 2 :P

I still need to wach The Inbetweeners and The Social Network too :).

In Time is a really good movie and Shutter Island if you've not seen them.

I still haven't seen any Godfather movies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Its different for different people, but I would recommend stopping studying this evening at around 10, and then getting up at 6. If you learn things at three in the morning odds are you won't remember it by 9:30. Sleep is really important before an exam.

You're wrong. Your brain is most active at night and that's the time it's able to retain the most information.. sleep is important too though..

Me and my friends had this conversation yesterday before chemistry.

I haven't seen Forest Gump, White chicks, the full Mean Girls, most of the Scary Movies, American pies...

• Advertisement

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Me and my friends had this conversation yesterday before chemistry.

I haven't seen Forest Gump, White chicks, the full Mean Girls, most of the Scary Movies, American pies...

I saw Forest Gump last year after putting it off for so long and I saw Mean Girls earlier this year after one of the posters here recommended it.

Haven't seen most Scary Movies or American Pies so they're on my list also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

You're wrong. Your brain is most active at night and that's the time it's able to retain the most information.. sleep is important too though..

But it's difficult to retain anything when you're tired, and people generally tend to be tired at night...

Just started watching Game of Thrones, apparently it's really good!

Oooh, what do you think?
    Everyone has either watched it until the end of season 2 or just started, and I need to talk to someone about the end of season one. I was DEAD.

About the crying at movies thing, anything with old people breaks my heart. Watched The Notebook again last week, still can't control myself when Noah's sitting there crying and Ali's screaming. Oh god :(
    EDIT: Double post, soz

Namlub wrote: »

But it's difficult to retain anything when you're tired, and people generally tend to be tired at night...

He might be an opossum...

I've never seen Back To The Future , Lord of the Rings , Forrest Gump , Godfather , Terminator 2--, Peter Pan(disney version), Hercules , Toy Story 3.
    I've not seen any of these movies that most people have.

Donnie Darko is a brilliant movie if anyones looking for one. It's confusing the first time you have to watch it a few times to understand it .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Hence why I added the 'sleep is important too though'

Hence why I added the 'sleep is important too though'

That doesn't negate my point but k.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

The only films I've cried at were my sisters keeper and united 93. Absolutely bawled at united 93, and I wouldn't be the crying at films type, but it was just horrific and so sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Freewheelin_

I would disagree, I'm always very awake at night and quite tired in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

These are the films I need to rewatch so far:

Stand By Me
    Mean Girls
    Super Troopers
    Napoleon Dynamyte
    The Pokémon Movie
    The Mighty Ducks

:D

• Advertisement

I would disagree, I'm always very awake at night and quite tired in the morning.

I get like that when my sleep pattern's messed up but I don't imagine that's the case for a lot of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I recommend "Matchstick Men". It's a great film, fantastic twist.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

friend posted this on my facebook, he needs to stay away from the weird part of youtube..:eek:

I get like that when my sleep pattern's messed up but I don't imagine that's the case for a lot of people

That could be it, got about 4-5 hours sleep last night before Economics :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Oooh, what do you think?
    Everyone has either watched it until the end of season 2 or just started, and I need to talk to someone about the end of season one. I was DEAD.

I'm at the end of season 1! :D I had watched it all before Christmas but I was then in hibernation for the whole semester so I just read the book and re-watched the first season again in the last few weeks :D Can't wait to start season 2, been waiting long enough for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

These are the films I need to rewatch so far:

Stand By Me
    Mean Girls
    Super Troopers
    Napoleon Dynamyte
    The Pokémon Movie
    The Mighty Ducks

:D
    Napolean Dynamite, along with Anchorman, is imho one of the funniest movies ever made! Pure gold :D

What is this 'Game of Thrones' and how does one go about watching it?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

i'm so stressed. :( need to hit something or someone. :L askdjlwiupdijkhajsd leaving cert is a bollocks. :(

ChemHickey wrote: »
    What is this 'Game of Thrones' and how does one go about watching it?

One should acquire a torrent for it.

• Advertisement

I'm at the end of season 1! :D I had watched it all before Christmas but I was then in hibernation for the whole semester so I just read the book and re-watched the first season again in the last few weeks :D Can't wait to start season 2, been waiting long enough for it!
    I can't believe Ned died! Even when it was about to happen I kept telling myself they wouldn't kill off one of the main characters in the first season. And Khal Drogo :(
    Might start season 2 tonight actually, it's not like I have work tomorrow or anything >_>

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement