Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Cosmic.Postman

Namlub wrote: »
    I can't believe Ned died! Even when it was about to happen I kept telling myself they wouldn't kill off one of the main characters in the first season. And Khal Drogo :(
    Might start season 2 tonight actually, it's not like I have work tomorrow or anything >_>

Teehee...I loved seeing the reactions to that of people who hadn't read the books! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Teehee...I loved seeing the reactions to that of people who hadn't read the books! :P

How could they be so cruel D: Must read the books actually...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Need to get my act together tomorrow. For the last three days I've done nothing but celebrate freedom when in reality I have an exam on Friday:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Napolean Dynamite, along with Anchorman, is imho one of the funniest movies ever made! Pure gold :D

Yes!! Anchorman is one of my favourite movies of all time! :D I've only half seen Napoleon Dynamite, and that was ages ago. Seriously need to watch it in full!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I really want to see the Game of Thrones it sounds really good :).

• Advertisement

How could they be so cruel D: Must read the books actually...

It was sort of the catalyst for everything else that happens after, though. It was necessary....besides
    Sean Bean is a walking spoiler alert
    You really should read the books! They did the best they possibly could in adapting them to the screen (well at least for the first season) but there's no way they could convey all the detail of the books! There's so much backstory and even some importantish characters left out!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Comrades in academics,

I have had a most pleasurable and entertaining time in thou presence, however i must say goodbye to each and everyone of you until the end of August when I'll be back to witness results reactions if I muster the courage! Until then signiors and signioritas, adios. Good luck with Applied Maths and Religion to whoever is in for it on Friday.

In debt for your humour,
    Reznov

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Togepi wrote: »
    Napolean Dynamite, along with Anchorman, is imho one of the funniest movies ever made! Pure gold :D

Yes!! Anchorman is one of my favourite movies of all time! :D I've only half seen Napoleon Dynamite, and that was ages ago. Seriously need to watch it in full!
    Well if you're into that kind of humour Napolean Dynamite is amazing. It's kind of a random ritual me and my mates have.. Every once and awhile we'll meet up, watch stuff like Napolean Dynamite, Anchorman, Stepbrothers, Benchwarmers, Stepbrothers etc. all in one sitting. Ah god, the memories :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I can't believe Ned died! Even when it was about to happen I kept telling myself they wouldn't kill off one of the main characters in the first season. And Khal Drogo :(
    Might start season 2 tonight actually, it's not like I have work tomorrow or anything >_>

I know...
    I was horrified! And Drogo was a brilliant character...I was quite surprised that the baby died as well.

(Season 1 finale spoilers there)
    It was sort of the catalyst for everything else that happens after, though. It was necessary....besides
    Sean Bean is a walking spoiler alert
    You really should read the books! They did the best they possibly could in adapting them to the screen (well at least for the first season) but there's no way they could convey all the detail of the books! There's so much backstory and even some importantish characters left out!

This is the first time I'm glad I watched a show before reading the books, being able to put faces to characters was really handy especially since there are so many all over the place! I agree that they did a great job for Season 1, some of the scenes were basically word for word from the book and nothing major was left out. The amount of background and detail in the books is brilliant.

Game of Thrones wiki is terrible though, every so often I've looked up a character and the first thing they'll say is "X was ___ until he/she died...." ...I've spoiled a few bits and pieces but nothing huuugely shocking, I'm avoiding it from now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Eathrin wrote: »
    Need to get my act together tomorrow. For the last three days I've done nothing but celebrate freedom when in reality I have an exam on Friday:(

I've been doing the exact same. Played Pokemon for hours today, haven't looked at applied maths in over 2 weeks... And everyone's going out Thursday night to celebrate the LC being over.

• Advertisement

I know...
    I was horrified! And Drogo was a brilliant character...I was quite surprised that the baby died as well.

(Season 1 finale spoilers there)

This is the first time I'm glad I watched a show before reading the books, being able to put faces to characters was really handy especially since there are so many all over the place! I agree that they did a great job for Season 1, some of the scenes were basically word for word from the book and nothing major was left out. The amount of background and detail in the books is brilliant.

Game of Thrones wiki is terrible though, every so often I've looked up a character and the first thing they'll say is "X was ___ until he/she died...." ...I've spoiled a few bits and pieces but nothing huuugely shocking, I'm avoiding it from now though!

Just a warning...season 2 changes quite a few things from the book. Bits of book 3 come in at the end of season 2 as well, just so you know! :p
    Yeah, I'd stay away from any comments people make on some Game of Thrones related thing as there's nearly always people posting spoilers. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Yeah the wiki completely spoiled something about Daenerys in season 2. Was a bad idea to looking at it in the first place but I love her <3

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

reznov wrote: »
    Comrades in academics,

I have had a most pleasurable and entertaining time in thou presence, however i must say goodbye to each and everyone of you until the end of August when I'll be back to witness results reactions if I muster the courage! Until then signiors and signioritas, adios. Good luck with Applied Maths and Religion to whoever is in for it on Friday.

In debt for your humour,
    Reznov

love you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

One should acquire a torrent for it.
    How would one go about finding said torrent?

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Mayo_Boy

reznov wrote: »
    Comrades in academics,

In debt for your humour,
    Reznov

Ahhh don't go, your greaaat craicccc!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've Music at 1.30 today and i'm just realising the amount of stuff I don't know.. I'm literally utterly unprepared.. ****

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Freewheelin_

How would one go about finding said torrent?

Some sort of Pirate beach?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Some sort of Pirate beach?

I can't access any pirate beaches, Eircom has put up big fences around all the pirate beaches so people can't access them :/

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Freewheelin_

I can't access any pirate beaches, Eircom has put up big fences around all the pirate beaches so people can't access them :/

Ah but you don't know the tunnel in...

I'm not sure if you're allowed link to torrent sites though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Who ever said the leaving cert flies by is such a liar, it has been the longest two and a half weeks of my life!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

1 day and it's over. Frightening stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

What will we all talk about when all the exams are over?
    We can't procrastinate about anything anymore :(.

My watch stopped and the fire alarm is making beeping noises every few seconds, :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

What will we all talk about when all the exams are over?
    We can't procrastinate about anything anymore :(.

Yeah but we'll need to be distracted from a little results-fear-bubble :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

So this is what freedom feels like...

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Finished... It's so weird... I can do anything I want...

Oh and btw I succeeded in only giving myself 4 hours sleep and got up and studied! :D

SERIOUS question guys:

Which is the best Pokémon game to get for the DS? :P I'm going shopping at the weekend and I want to get one to play a bit over the summer, second hand or new, whichever. The ones I already have are Blue, Crystal and Pearl. Any suggestions? I would ask what every here has so we could battle, but I don't think my WiFi works for the DS. </3

I'd say platinum. Contests <3 I plan to get it myself in a while.

finality wrote: »
    I'd say platinum. Contests <3 I plan to get it myself in a while.

Is Platinum not from the same generation as Pearl?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    SERIOUS question guys:

Which is the best Pokémon game to get for the DS? :P I'm going shopping at the weekend and I want to get one to play a bit over the summer, second hand or new, whichever. The ones I already have are Blue, Crystal and Pearl. Any suggestions? I would ask what every here has so we could battle, but I don't think my WiFi works for the DS. </3

hmmm well I prefer the heart gold/ soul silver ones because Johto was always my favourite region :P
    Black/White isn't bad, but it isn't great either. But then again there are new pokemon in it etc so like maybe you'd like that more :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement