Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Think so? I did an awful exam, probably deserved as much. Ah well.
    For all my optimism, I must admit, I did terribly ordinarily in all of my exams bar Maths and Physics.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Lads...we've finished school...WE'RE OLD!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Omg there's going to be a Taken 2!!!
    So exciting :D. I really need to buy Taken .
    Does anyone else like Taken? :)

Did anyone else on their last exam actually want to stay right until the end? rather than leaving early thinking, "This is the last time I'll be sitting these exams". I don't why I didn't want to leave early on my last exam.
    It's great we're all finished today then the waiting begins with the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I can proudly say I left NO exam early in my Leaving Cert. Our Music Composing paper started yesterday at 3.15-4.45. And there was people levaing at 3.35 :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Did anyone else on their last exam actually want to stay right until the end? rather than leaving early thinking, "This is the last time I'll be sitting these exams". I don't why I didn't want to leave early on my last exam.
    It's great we're all finished today then the waiting begins with the results.

In my 6 higher subjects I couldn't leave early! Ran out of time in all of them. It was nearly always just me and the examiners left when I walked out :p

Anyone joining me in being anti-social and spending this weekend by myself? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Monkeyloops

I don't know what to do now i have too much free time! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I can proudly say I left NO exam early in my Leaving Cert. Our Music Composing paper started yesterday at 3.15-4.45. And there was people levaing at 3.35 :P

What about Irish Paper 1? Nobody in my whole year bar one stayed the full time :L
    Applied maths was beautiful :)
    and now I'm FINIIIIIIIIIIIISHED! :D

Yeah it was good, but I wasn't sure at all how to do Q2 (a), but I might have got it right? But I'm not sure.. And I wasn't sure on Q4 (b) (ii) and everyone seems to be getting different answers to me in Q10 (a) (ii)? But still I can't complain.. I'm finished after all!! :D Out tonight, first time in a long while!

I only left maybe 20mins early for a couple of the exams one was Maths and the other French. Most I only finished in the last 10mins so I had no choice but to stay. My last exam economics I finished with about 15mins to spare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Wesc. wrote: »

What about Irish Paper 1? Nobody in my whole year bar one stayed the full time :L
    Applied maths was beautiful :)
    and now I'm FINIIIIIIIIIIIISHED! :D

Yeah it was good, but I wasn't sure at all how to do Q2 (a), but I might have got it right? But I'm not sure.. And I wasn't sure on Q4 (b) (ii) and everyone seems to be getting different answers to me in Q10 (a) (ii)? But still I can't complain.. I'm finished after all!! :D Out tonight, first time in a long while!

I stayed the whole time in Irish paper1! I spent about35mins doing a plan and them wrote like 7 pages!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Wesc. wrote: »

Q2a I did something but I'm not sure it wa right. Q4 worked out lovely for me but I can't remember what I got for it and my Q10 was disastrous but I did seven questions so they won't need to count it thankfully. And same here, I'm so excited, it's been ages (apart from grad night :pac:)

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

I have a HUGE list of movies to watch. This is gonna be an awesome summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Honestly, if there's any festivals or whatever on around the place anybody wants to meet up at I'd be up for it. Better have something on where we could actually have something to go to.

Eathrin wrote: »
    Honestly, if there's any festivals or whatever on around the place anybody wants to meet up at I'd be up for it. Better have something on where we could actually have something to go to.

I think we should all go to Sligo, COZ ITS GREAT.

Eathrin wrote: »

I think most of the festivals are on in August . Electric Picnic and Marley Park are on then they look brilliant. The Marley Park one has amazing acts, I wanted to go before but no one was able to.
    And festival called Indiependance at the beginning of August . I don't know many of the acts but it seems alright.
    It would actually be quite fun , I've always wanted to go to a festival as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Omg there's going to be a Taken 2!!!
    So exciting :D. I really need to buy Taken .
    Does anyone else like Taken? :)

i liked it. :D although yerwan the teenager was shíte at acting i think. :pac:
    god i love Liam Neeson in it. :D "i will look for you, i will find you and i will kill you" :p i love his voice. :pac:

as for the festival thingy i need a freaking job so i can pay ze moneys. :eek:
    i want to go to like every festival. arrgh

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I think we should all go to Sligo, COZ ITS GREAT.

Longford's pretty cool too.. :rolleyes: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Hey lads. :)
    Was going to start a new thread but this seems a bit too OT so I'll just stick in in here.

How are you all supporting yourselves for college? I've noticed a fair few here are moving out for college and I'm beginning to think I'm the only person worried about the financial side of things. :pac: Are you all going to try balance jobs as well as your degree? If worst comes to worst, I think I'll try find a crappy little job, but I really wanted to not have to work too much during college. I was thinking of teaching guitar and clarinet and doing geography grinds for JC and LC, and hopefully most of my rent and stuff will be paid for with grants. I'm also going to hopefully be working in Woodies this summer. So what are all your money making schemes, or do you reckon few grants, be grand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Was going to start a new thread but this seems a bit too OT so I'll just stick in in here.

How are you all supporting yourselves for college? I've noticed a fair few here are moving out for college and I'm beginning to think I'm the only person worried about the financial side of things. :pac: Are you all going to try balance jobs as well as your degree? If worst comes to worst, I think I'll try find a crappy little job, but I really wanted to not have to work too much during college. I was thinking of teaching guitar and clarinet and doing geography grinds for JC and LC, and hopefully most of my rent and stuff will be paid for with grants. I'm also going to hopefully be working in Woodies this summer. So what are all your money making schemes, or do you reckon few grants, be grand?
    Working last two years to pay for college and will prob still work throughout college to stay in it id say :/ work and school was very hard I just hope college and work will be somewhat better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Lads it's summer :D:D bant bant bant naggins naggins naggins

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

The maintenance grant would be the main source of help for most people. I've worked at weekends since TY but after 3 years of college doing this I think I'll be giving it up in September and entering the land of loans :D I'm working full time now though so I might have enough saved up by September to avoid getting a loan for another year. Having a job during college is fine until the workload gets heavy later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭alleystar

Yeah same here. Can't really rely on a grant anymore though, they're cracking down on them.

Credit Union loan for most I suppose.

Does anyone recommend a physics and/or applied maths book that I could use over the summer? I plan on reading over the courses during the summer as I'll be doing them in college and I couldn't do them in school! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Does anyone recommend a physics and/or applied maths book that I could use over the summer? I plan on reading over the courses during the summer as I'll be doing them in college and I couldn't do them in school! :(

I'm also interested in this. Mainly Physics though because from what I've heard it'll be fairly important to have at least a basic knowledge of it for my course.

Bubbleope wrote: »
    i liked it. :D although yerwan the teenager was shíte at acting i think. :pac:
    god i love Liam Neeson in it. :D "i will look for you, i will find you and i will kill you" :p i love his voice. :pac:

as for the festival thingy i need a freaking job so i can pay ze moneys. :eek:
    i want to go to like every festival. arrgh

I wonder if he'll use the same line again or if he'll come up with a new one.
    Thats the best line :). I'm so looking forward for the second to be out. I was thinking the other day there should be a 2nd one.

2ii9wuu.jpg

The chick, Matrix style. :cool:

Longford's pretty cool too.. :rolleyes: :pac:

It's no Sligo... Where's yer Yeats? :P :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

It's no Sligo... Where's yer Yeats? :P :rolleyes:

Sligo is just like a wannabe Galway, you think you have a city but we all know you don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Ahh I haven't been here in weeks. How did it go for everybody?

• Advertisement

Sligo is just like a wannabe Galway, you think you have a city but we all know you don't!

It is a city!!! We have a cathedral and a university! And our population is over 30'000 I think.... Arah Galway... Where ya off to with your Galway ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement