Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

ChemHickey wrote: »
    It is a city!!! We have a cathedral and a university! And our population is over 30'000 I think.... Arah Galway... Where ya off to with your Galway ;)

From wiki: "With a population of 19,452 in 2011, it is the largest town by population in Northwestern Ireland"

Liar! :p Ehhh what are ya sayin' bout Galway like? I'll send the feens from westside up to ya and you won't be sayin' that then!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Hey lads. :)
    Was going to start a new thread but this seems a bit too OT so I'll just stick in in here.

How are you all supporting yourselves for college? I've noticed a fair few here are moving out for college and I'm beginning to think I'm the only person worried about the financial side of things. :pac: Are you all going to try balance jobs as well as your degree? If worst comes to worst, I think I'll try find a crappy little job, but I really wanted to not have to work too much during college. I was thinking of teaching guitar and clarinet and doing geography grinds for JC and LC, and hopefully most of my rent and stuff will be paid for with grants. I'm also going to hopefully be working in Woodies this summer. So what are all your money making schemes, or do you reckon few grants, be grand?

I'm hopefully gonna be able to get a job in Aberdeen. If I was staying here I'd give biology and economics grinds, but considering I'm heading there I don't know if I'll be able to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

From wiki: "With a population of 19,452 in 2011, it is the largest town by population in Northwestern Ireland"

Liar! :p Ehhh what are ya sayin' bout Galway like? I'll send the feens from westside up to ya and you won't be sayin' that then!

Ah shure now, on wikipedia like! Sure anyone can change that! Yer just jealous of us Sligo people like, ye have no yeats, no westlife, no Queen Maeve's Grave...

Sure, Galway'll be sooo much better next year like, cause I'll be there in my Sligo Glory like.. ;)

And no feens'll be coming to the N.W ya hear... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Was going to start a new thread but this seems a bit too OT so I'll just stick in in here.

How are you all supporting yourselves for college? I've noticed a fair few here are moving out for college and I'm beginning to think I'm the only person worried about the financial side of things. :pac: Are you all going to try balance jobs as well as your degree? If worst comes to worst, I think I'll try find a crappy little job, but I really wanted to not have to work too much during college. I was thinking of teaching guitar and clarinet and doing geography grinds for JC and LC, and hopefully most of my rent and stuff will be paid for with grants. I'm also going to hopefully be working in Woodies this summer. So what are all your money making schemes, or do you reckon few grants, be grand?
    I'll be workin Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the weekend when I come home and I've aload of money saved because I've been workin the last two years :pac: I havta buy a car first, get insurance and a new guitar but I'll be workin all summer too!
    If I get my hopeful A1s in English and Irish I reckon I'll give grinds durin the week at college.. If not I'll just give guitar lessons :D
    Mams already applied for a grant I think so hopefully I'll get that :D It'd really help because my sisters in college in England so things are tight at the minute! I really can't wait til college though, gonna be awesome :D

Ah shure now, on wikipedia like! Sure anyone can change that! Yer just jealous of us Sligo people like, ye have no yeats, no westlife, no Queen Maeve's Grave...

Sure, Galway'll be sooo much better next year like, cause I'll be there in my Sligo Glory like.. ;)

And no feens'll be coming to the N.W ya hear... :rolleyes:

You've no Volvo Ocean Race and really good bands playing there all the time! Mumford & Sons played in Galway like 2 weeks ago!
    If Sligo's so great, why are you moving to Galway? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

If Sligo's so great, why are you moving to Galway? ;)

Cos St. Angelas in Sligo only teaches to be a Home Ec teacher :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

ughhhhh don't know what to do with my life :( stupid cao ... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

There are no cities in Ireland but Dublin.
    All else are farms and oversized villages.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

ughhhhh don't know what to do with my life :( stupid cao ... :(
    SAME!! was just on the cao site today. D: can't pick a number 1 out of the top 5. ):
    Eathrin wrote: »
    i actually agree. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Bubbleope wrote: »
    SAME!! was just on the cao site today. D: can't pick a number 1 out of the top 5. ):
    Ugh I'm gonna try again tomorrow at sorting it out but omg I'm a hopeless case :(

Dubliners :rolleyes: :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

I'm hoping to get a job over the summer but doubt I will, and then I'll be screwed for work in Limerick :( Grants will get me through hopefully but it won't be easy. Please someone employ me!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Just looking through my Facebook pictures.... :confused: There's about 20 of them of me playing titanic on a boat and another couple hiding in a tree.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

In London :).
    I went to the wrong terminal by mistake I had a feeling it were wrong but I didn't know if there was another stop.
    I just went through security there and had to walk around lmao.
    It was so awkward and I always get flights by myself.
    Then my flight was delayed like 2 hours didn't arrive til 12 then the passport check took ages .

I actually can't decide where I want to go to uni I was thinking on the plane. I can't decide it's so difficult. And whether it'd be Ireland or England :s. Everytime I make the decision I start overthinking being indecisive lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Does anyone recommend a physics and/or applied maths book that I could use over the summer? I plan on reading over the courses during the summer as I'll be doing them in college and I couldn't do them in school! :(
    I'm also interested in this. Mainly Physics though because from what I've heard it'll be fairly important to have at least a basic knowledge of it for my course.

I have an amazing book for Applied Maths, but I think it's a limited edition :pac: They were on sale for like 6 months and I had to get ordered online and atm I don't think you can get them? It's called "Applied Mathematics - A comprehensive course for LC". Otherwise there's a new version of Oliver Murphy's Applied Maths book which is meant to be good :)
    But of course the physics teacher website is good too.

Wesc. wrote: »
    Does anyone recommend a physics and/or applied maths book that I could use over the summer? I plan on reading over the courses during the summer as I'll be doing them in college and I couldn't do them in school! :(
    I'm also interested in this. Mainly Physics though because from what I've heard it'll be fairly important to have at least a basic knowledge of it for my course.

I have an amazing book for Applied Maths, but I think it's a limited edition :pac: They were on sale for like 6 months and I had to get ordered online and atm I don't think you can get them? It's called "Applied Mathematics - A comprehensive course for LC". Otherwise there's a new version of Oliver Murphy's Applied Maths book which is meant to be good :)
    But of course the physics teacher website is good too.

Cool! I'll definitely look into that! Are there any specific app maths chapters to look over? Any which encompass major areas? Projectiles to start? Collisions? Or just vectors?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Cool! I'll definitely look into that! Are there any specific app maths chapters to look over? Any which encompass major areas? Projectiles to start? Collisions? Or just vectors?

Haha, well vectors are essential for all areas :P I think all chapters are equally important but I'd say that maybe Q10 (calculus) and Q4 (Newton's Laws) are the most important! But the course starts from scratch anyway so it's not like you'd be behind or anything.. besides it's not actually boring to study :P I think that the physics teacher's website has it all covered anyway!

We should all go to the beach or somewhere where you can hang around have a laugh or something? :)
    I was going to say camping but then there's tents and stuff you need .

You're just jealous that Galway has everything Dublin has minus the skangers and junkies, and with a nicer atmosphere!

You're just jealous that Galway has everything Dublin has minus the skangers and junkies, and with a nicer atmosphere!

Spire? :P joke.. I <3 Dublin though.. Galway, not so much! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Truth

• Advertisement

There's not that many skangers/junkies if you just stick to the right areas :).
    I don't see that many of them. I love Dublin.

Spire? :P joke.. I <3 Dublin though.. Galway, not so much! :P
    Well in all fairness now David, coming from Westmeath you can't really say much! :L

Well in all fairness now David, coming from Westmeath you can't really say much! :L
    Longford/Westmeath David :P...

Hoho, well aren't you fancy then!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I had more of a social life yesterday than I've had in the past year. :P Epic day - went shopping, bought loads of clothes (well, loads for me :P), visited cousins and then went out and ended up talking to a good few people I've pretty much not talked to at all since we graduated last summer. :) AND I bought Pokémon Soul Silver, it's amazing. :D

Togepi wrote: »
    I had more of a social life yesterday than I've had in the past year. :P Epic day - went shopping, bought loads of clothes (well, loads for me :P), visited cousins and then went out and ended up talking to a good few people I've pretty much not talked to at all since we graduated last summer. :) AND I bought Pokémon Soul Silver, it's amazing. :D

I'll battle you! when your pokémon get stronger!

Sure, they have a mc Donalds in longford/Westmeath, what else do they need? ;)

Oh my god I was trying to find a plastic bag I thought I found a bunch of bags. I opened the bag the next thing some kind of creature comes running out. I freaked out and ran leaving the bag in the middle of the floor. I have no idea what it was. I just saw the legs running under the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Oh my god I was trying to find a plastic bag I thought I found a bunch of bags. I opened the bag the next thing some kind of creature comes running out. I freaked out and ran leaving the bag in the middle of the floor. I have no idea what it was. I just saw the legs running under the counter.

Ahhh that's terrifying! :eek: I've been clearing out my room all day and i'm constantly twitching and jumping thinking I see spiders :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I like Dublin and all but there are junkies eeeeeverywhere, it's insane. Last time I was up there I literally had to step over two of them who were passed out (and handcuffed to each other) on the steps of the Jervis Centre. Oh the things I do to get to Forever 21...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement