Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Meeeeeee :D What are you hoping to do?

History and political science! What about yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

rkeano5 wrote: »
    History and political science! What about yourself?

Maths hopefully :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

@PF unfortunately I've work Saturday would love to go see it again though :( I haven't seen accommodation there either :( do you know if its nice? :)
    I really wish I could make my decision already though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

@PF unfortunately I've work Saturday would love to go see it again though :( I haven't seen accommodation there either :( do you know if its nice? :)

Oh bad luck! :( I know Rye is a kip, seriously. Village and River are a lot better, with River being the nicest of them all. I'm hoping for River, the houses are nice and each room is en-suite with 5 people to a house. If you get the entrance scholarship you get to pick which type of accommodation you want, so when you get it, PICK RIVER!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Oh bad luck! :( I know Rye is a kip, seriously. Village and River are a lot better, with River being the nicest of them all. I'm hoping for River, the houses are nice and each room is en-suite with 5 people to a house. If you get the entrance scholarship you get to pick which type of accommodation you want, so when you get it, PICK RIVER!
    Lol PF if I get the scholarship not when :P
    and thank you :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Seriously, that 500 points scholarship is just a lure to make people choose NUIM over other colleges when they are borderline X) shly.. I like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Guys, what's that site someone linked us to a few weeks ago where you play pokemon online?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Guys, what's that site someone linked us to a few weeks ago where you play pokemon online?

http://www.playr.org/play/pokemon_-_yellow_version/1362

They have other Pokemon games too :).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

This sitting around with nothing to do all day is mega depressing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

So if you get over 500 points Maynooth is free!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I feel so nerdy! I bought applied maths book today to do over summer and I plan on getting the physics one too :o

Anyone else certain for NUIG? have ye heard back from yer accommodation?

So if you get over 500 points Maynooth is free!
    No, if you get over 500 you get 1000e and you're guaranteed your Accommodation on campus (it's still full price however)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

OHhhhh. I think I'd still prefer UCD :P

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭NinjaDucks

ChemHickey wrote: »
    I feel so nerdy! I bought applied maths book today to do over summer and I plan on getting the physics one too :o

Anyone else certain for NUIG? have ye heard back from yer accommodation?[/QUOTE]

yup, I've been accepted into Menlo. All I need to do now is find a way to pay the remainder of the deposit and the first major payment - can't wait. Where've you applied to? (:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Spent the last like hour and a half cleaning and cooking, can't waaaaaait for Limerick anyways! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

NinjaDucks wrote: »
    yup, I've been accepted into Menlo. All I need to do now is find a way to pay the remainder of the deposit and the first major payment - can't wait. Where've you applied to? (:

I live down the road from Menlo.. :P A great place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Anyone else certain for NUIG? have ye heard back from yer accommodation?[/QUOTE]

Where's menlo? =S I've applied for corrib village and have paid the deposit and sent off the id thing but I haven't heard back in like months! I'm getting worried! =/

Where's menlo? =S I've applied for corrib village and have paid the deposit and sent off the id thing but I haven't heard back in like months! I'm getting worried! =/

Menlo's just beyond the headford road roundabout, about a few minutes walk away from gort na coiribe etc. It's actually quite nice from what I've viewed (ie. the living room is nice and big, haha). it is a little bit out, but sure at least my legs will look good by the end of the year!
    really, no reply in that long? I applied about three weeks ago and received confirmation and the contracts to sign the day before yesterday. S: I dunno what you should do, I mean, some people just wait until August before applying but if you get really worried, I suppose you could give 'em a call/e-mail? y'know, to put your mind at rest (: Best of luck with it.

So.. Many heading to NUIM on Saturday? Law anyone? :pac:

Wesc. wrote: »
    I live down the road from Menlo.. :P A great place!

aw, I certainly hope it is. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

So.. Many heading to NUIM on Saturday? Law anyone? :pac:

Was going to but the odds of me going to NUIM are very small since I need to do very badly in my LC (370ish points) to end up there. So I decided to save up the 30 odd euro I'd spend on travel and food and do something productive instead (nothing) :pac:

I prefer Mario online. Exact same as NES <3http://nintendo8.com/game/629/super_mario_brothers/

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Ordered first 3 books in Game of Thrones series...should keep me going for a while :pac:. Should I watch the series first?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Hayezer wrote: »
    Ordered first 3 books in Game of Thrones series...should keep me going for a while :pac:. Should I watch the series first?

Wouldn't reading it beforehand make it much more interesting?
    I've only read a handful of novels in my time but that always seems to be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm going on Saturday, I think. How far is it from the train station to NUIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Hayezer wrote: »

I don't actually watch OR read Game of Thrones, but it's always better to read the books first!

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I'm going on Saturday, I think. How far is it from the train station to NUIM?
    Less than 10 minutes, 6/7 at the most! You just cross the bridge, walk by the Shopping Centre and keep walking straight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I dunno, like there's a massive omg moment at the end of the first season of GoT and I feel like that would have been ruined if I read the book first...might be as shocking in the book though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Summer Holiday Report

Today I ate a bagel. That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Summer Holiday Report

Today I ate a bagel. That is all.

I win. Chocolate croissants.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Eathrin wrote: »
    I win. Chocolate croissants.