Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Eathrin wrote: »
    I win. Chocolate croissants.
    998 posts to go until we break the O.T. 2.0 :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Less than 10 minutes, 6/7 at the most! You just cross the bridge, walk by the Shopping Centre and keep walking straight!

Is that the North Campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Got up at 4. Beat that.

Challenge accepted, all nighter initiated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

So sleepy :( work is so tiring :(
    maynooth or ucd debate is still going on in my head ugh stupid cao :(
    oh and games of thrones person, id say watch it first, books are by far better but you'll end up disappointed with the tv series if you read the books first.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Yes! :).. Do go and visit the South Campus, even if you're not going there for lectures, it's gorgeous! <3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I had one of the weirdest day. I got lost as I expected. I got the bus and I past the stop I didn't know where I had to get off. I knew it was wrong when I realised when I was near end of the bus . So I got off and rang to find out the name of the road. On the bus again I past the stop again ended up going back to the beginning. I couldn't find the stop. My dad had to pick me up he didn't even want to which is the most annoying part and nearly told me to get back on the bus again . I'd have got lost again and it was 10pm. Such an eventful day :l.

I'm not sure if if I should add more courses to my cao I only have like 7. I don't know what else I could put down :s.

It's like you don't know what to do with all the free time now . Sleeping pattern will totally change staying up late waking up at lunchtime :L.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'm not sure if if I should add more courses to my cao I only have like 7. I don't know what else I could put down :s.

It's like you don't know what to do with all the free time now . Sleeping pattern will totally change staying up late waking up at lunchtime :L.
    I have like 5 courses down, I suppose there's no harm in throwing anything down just for the fact that it's not going to make any difference to you!

This summer is fierce boring already lads :(

M&S* wrote: »
    I have like 5 courses down, I suppose there's no harm in throwing anything down just for the fact that it's not going to make any difference to you!

This summer is fierce boring already lads :(
    Agreed. I'm literally doing nothing everyday. :/

Roll on College, a bit of excitement wouldn't go astray!

When's everyones debs? Mine aren't until the 9th of August. A girl I know from another School asked me to hers, I accepted asked her about a week ago when it was on... The 10th.. I'm actually gonna die that day. I won't get back from my Debs until 5/6 in the morning and the other Debs is starting at 5 the next day.. :L

I'm gonna die that morning!

Agreed. I'm literally doing nothing everyday. :/

Roll on College, a bit of excitement wouldn't go astray!

When's everyones debs? Mine aren't until the 9th of August. A girl I know from another School asked me to hers, I accepted asked her about a week ago when it was on... The 10th.. I'm actually gonna die that day. I won't get back from my Debs until 5/6 in the morning and the other Debs is starting at 5 the next day.. :L

I'm gonna die that morning!

The fact that I'm still awake shows how little I have to do.
    My debs is in September I think, I wasn't keen on going but got guilted into it. Ah that's pretty crappy PF! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Yes! :).. Do go and visit the South Campus, even if you're not going there for lectures, it's gorgeous! <3
    Thats the campus with the church isn't it? Went there on a tour of the studios at the open day and it was lovely alright. The studio was lovely too! If I get my first choice (Music Tech) I'll be over the moon tbh! It's the nicest campus and college around imho! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Hayezer wrote: »
    Ordered first 3 books in Game of Thrones series...should keep me going for a while :pac:. Should I watch the series first?
    I don't actually watch OR read Game of Thrones, but it's always better to read the books first!

I'd usually say books first, but I watched the series first and then read the first book, and I'd definitely recommend doing it that way...the TV series is excellent, it gets all the main points in and then the book is just so interesting for filling in background details. There was nothing in the series that I was really confused about, even though they have a lot of characters and a lot going on they still manage to get it across very well! That's my plan for season 2 now again, although I'll probably end up reading the rest of the books before the next season comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Nothing to do in the summer?
    Sure plenty of TV, games, music to discover....oh and friends to hang out with....but yeah, lazy people stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Guys, what's that site someone linked us to a few weeks ago where you play pokemon online?
    Bored with hiking? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Haha PF you make it sound like Aug 9 is late, you country folk have them so early - mines not til Sept 21 ;__;

Thats the campus with the church isn't it? Went there on a tour of the studios at the open day and it was lovely alright. The studio was lovely too! If I get my first choice (Music Tech) I'll be over the moon tbh! It's the nicest campus and college around imho! :D

Yes! It's really nice! I prefer the North Campus myself, the John Hume building is lovely! And Theatre No. 1 (the biggest one) is amazing!
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    Haha PF you make it sound like Aug 9 is late, you country folk have them so early - mines not til Sept 21 ;__;

You'll be in college by then, that's crazy! :eek: Suppose it's good, you'd get to meet everyone again!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Patchy~ wrote: »

Mine's the 28th :o

Mine's the 28th :o

Of June?

I love waking up late I always get bored if I wake up early.
    There is like the whole year of sleep to catch up on with school lmao.

Does anyone else feel more tired when you wake up later?
    Are you gonna see the new dark knight or the amazing spiderman movie when it's out?

• Advertisement

I'm going to see both of those movies! I can't wait for Spiderman with your man Andrew Garfield. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

M&S* wrote: »
    I'm going to see both of those movies! I can't wait for Spiderman with your man Andrew Garfield. :D
    Same here <3

It'll be weird watching Spiderman with Andrew Garfield instead of Tobey Maguire.
    I really can't wait for Spiderman. He's like the best superhero!!! :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Of June?

August I imagine. I always thought the Debs take place AFTER the results tbh. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

My dad is correcting the LC and he got hundreds of scripts today. My mam is co-ordinating a summer camp. That means no holidays for the next month! :(
    I have to organise some things with my friends!!!
    It's weird seeing all the LC papers my dad has! Unfortunately I didn't do history so there's no chance of mine being in that batch!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Of June?

Of September! Sorry, thought that was obvious :o

Geo10 wrote: »
    My dad is correcting the LC and he got hundreds of scripts today. My mam is co-ordinating a summer camp. That means no holidays for the next month! :(
    I have to organise some things with my friends!!!
    It's weird seeing all the LC papers my dad has! Unfortunately I didn't do history so there's no chance of mine being in that batch!

I don't think i'm going on Holidays at all. My Mam and Dad's crazy work schedules means they're never really at home to bring me anywhere! :rolleyes: It's kinda ridiculous. I haven't been on Holidays anywhere in 6 years. I asked for Money to go with friends and they wouldn't give it to me, they told me i'd have to find a job and make my own money. 78 CV's later, (no i'm not joking :rolleyes:) not a word off any one of the Businesses/people I gave them to. It's so annoying, people are always asking why/when I am getting a job, (including my parents).. em, there are none. Seriously. :/ It's awfully frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

I don't think i'm going on Holidays at all. My Mam and Dad's crazy work schedules means they're never really at home to bring me anywhere! :rolleyes: It's kinda ridiculous. I haven't been on Holidays anywhere in 6 years. I asked for Money to go with friends and they wouldn't give it to me, they told me i'd have to find a job and make my own money. 78 CV's later, (no i'm not joking :rolleyes:) not a word off any one of the Businesses/people I gave them to. It's so annoying, people are always asking why/when I am getting a job, (including my parents).. em, there are none. Seriously. :/ It's awfully frustrating.

That sounds very frustrating! I hope you find a job! The recession obviously doesn't help things! You're certainly very determined and all that determination should eventually pay off. You'll be an expert at job interviews before I've even started my first one!
    I've decided to start studying economics over the summer (sounds pathetic, I know) but I've always been fascinated by it and I didn't have the opportunity to do it for the LC. I chose it as my third arts subject because I've been researching into it and learning the basics of it... and it's brilliant! It seems like the perfect middleway between geography and business. Since I'll be stuck at home most days I bought an LC Economics book and I'm going to start going over it so I won't be too behind everyone who did it for the LC when I start college!

Same here, I've tried everything. Heck I even volunteered in several places to get even a bit of retail experience under my belt. Nothing, when I'm basically offering myself for free work and people still don't reply there's no hope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Geo10 wrote: »

The SEC try their best to prevent that possibility as far as I know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement