Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Geo10 wrote: »
    It's weird seeing all the LC papers my dad has! Unfortunately I didn't do history so there's no chance of mine being in that batch!

The SEC try their best to prevent that possibility as far as I know.
    Yes. My accounting teacher said that when she corrects business, that she has to fill out a form showing her living area and surrounding area so there is as little chance as possible for that to happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Any other hay fever sufferers here? My mother decided to bring fresh flowers she picked from the garden into the house even though she knows they'll kill my eyes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭NinjaDucks

M&S* wrote: »
    Any other hay fever sufferers here? My mother decided to bring fresh flowers she picked from the garden into the house even though she knows they'll kill my eyes :(

I know that feeling ): it certainly is no fun :/

M&S* wrote: »

My hayfever is quite bad. I just can't stop sneezing and my nose turns into a faucet.

anyone else with bad asthma?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

ChemHickey wrote: »
    My hayfever is quite bad. I just can't stop sneezing and my nose turns into a faucet.

Not terrible but stayed over in a house with a dog and two smokers the other night and it was chronic, hadn't my inhaler. Got up at 5 to go for a walk and try and get some fresh air, absolute balls!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've always terrible hayfever! It's rotten!

Not terrible but stayed over in a house with a dog and two smokers the other night and it was chronic, hadn't my inhaler. Got up at 5 to go for a walk and try and get some fresh air, absolute balls!

Oh jeez, I can't get through any asthma-like attacks without my inhaler. one day in school we were laughing so hard at break and I could barely breath. Then, for the rest of the day I was wheezing so badly until I got home. It was horrible. At least my hayfever can be combatted with a shower!

Oh jeez, I can't get through any asthma-like attacks without my inhaler. one day in school we were laughing so hard at break and I could barely breath. Then, for the rest of the day I was wheezing so badly until I got home. It was horrible. At least my hayfever can be combatted with a shower!

Yeah, that happens sometimes too. It's kinda funny though once you recover :pac: The steam from the shower can help if yer asthma's acting up as well

Yeah, that happens sometimes too. It's kinda funny though once you recover :pac: The steam from the shower can help if yer asthma's acting up as well

Haha- i was in the steam room today after swimming and I could hardly breath! Not because it was warm or anything, no. My lungs decided-"hey, you forgot your inhaler, try and breath now ;( "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I may have seriously complained bout my job before but I love it <3 oh I love it so much :) The people are nice and god my summers would be so boring without it :O (Sorry to all you guys looking for work not trying to rub it in sorry :o)

• Advertisement

Haha- i was in the steam room today after swimming and I could hardly breath! Not because it was warm or anything, no. My lungs decided-"hey, you forgot your inhaler, try and breath now ;( "

Haha! Tis a bags alright, mine's ok most of the time though, doesn't stop me doing stuff (Though I kill myself at training to be fit)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've both hayfever and asthma it's so annoying. I just take zirtec everyday to prevent the hayfever. My asthma isn't bad my chest just starts to feel tight and it makes me tired until I use the inhaler. I'm not too bad. Both hayfever and asthma are related lol.

I've both hayfever and asthma it's so annoying. I just take zirtec everyday to prevent the hayfever. My asthma isn't bad my chest just starts to feel tight and it makes me tired until I use the inhaler. I'm not too bad. Both hayfever and asthma are related lol.

They're related?! Ah! It explains a lot! I use my Becotide every morning/night to try and prevent asthma stuff and a zirtec, or asda hayfever tablets for the hayfever! ...

They're related?! Ah! It explains a lot! I use my Becotide every morning/night to try and prevent asthma stuff and a zirtec, or asda hayfever tablets for the hayfever! ...

Yeah I only use the zirtec. I don't always remember to take them. My chest actually feels tight a lot of the time I thought it was normal.

My worst fear with asthma would be when I'm lying in my bed in complete darkness, I reach over to my inhaler and inhale, only to find a spider had crawled into it and i end up swallowing the spider... :( ewwww.

I may have seriously complained bout my job before but I love it <3 oh I love it so much :) The people are nice and god my summers would be so boring without it :O (Sorry to all you guys looking for work not trying to rub it in sorry :o)
    You're so lucky! I just left it too late to look for one, albeit i've been dropping CV's personally into places since March and not even a phonecall has been received, :(. Do you work in Retail?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I have no plans for the summer ad a whole, just a day here and there, boredom...

Eathrin wrote: »
    I have no plans for the summer ad a whole, just a day here and there, boredom...
    Same, i'm just arseing around tbh.

I know there's not really anything to do but watch tv or whatever but you still get bored. Sometimes I didn't kind school because then you have your friends to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

i just finished watching the whole "Revenge" first season, starting watching it 2 days ago. :L what's wrong with me!? (good show though) :D hmm

• Advertisement

I've seen it all already but I'm watching HIMYM right through again.
    Needless to say, it is a very very long series.

Also I play a lot of Football Manager these days. I took charge of Finn Harps and brought them to the premier division, however we are now heavily in debt and relegation candidates. I'm thinking of doing a Roy Keane and getting out of there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

You're so lucky! I just left it too late to look for one, albeit i've been dropping CV's personally into places since March and not even a phonecall has been received, :(. Do you work in Retail?
    Yeah more than 2 years retail experience under my belt now :) I'm very lucky :)
    Hmmm well I've been extremely lucky with my job and I even got offered other jobs since. The best thing would be speak to the manager in the shop and just say you're interested in getting some retail experience etc offer yourself up for just work experience too if you don't mind it, then if they like you they would prob offer you work in there but then again it is a recession :( that's just how a few people got into my workplace though :) but sure its hard to get a job in these times so don't beat yourself up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I took charge of Finn Harps and brought them to the premier division, however we are now heavily in debt ...
    Hmm, a very realistic game obviously in the context of Irish soccer clubs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Red Hot Chili Peppers were fairly amazing. :D By The Way was unbelievable, one of my favourite songs by them too. <3 And even though we weren't right up at the front, a decent sized mosh pit started up behind us for the last half hour of the gig. :D
    Also I play a lot of Football Manager these days. I took charge of Finn Harps and brought them to the premier division, however we are now heavily in debt and relegation candidates. I'm thinking of doing a Roy Keane and getting out of there.

Football Manager. <3 My brother had a forty season game with Finn Harps before, back when it was Championship Manager or something like that. He got them to the Champions League*. :pac:

That game has given me a weird knowledge of soccer players names from various obscure and also well known teams from different years. :P People are generally like dafuq?! when I suddenly know the names of almost every player in a League 2 club. :pac:

*He definitely did not cheat at all by taking over other teams just as they happened to have an upcoming match against Harps... Nope.
    :p

Togepi wrote: »
    Football Manager. <3 My brother had a forty season game with Finn Harps before, back when it was Championship Manager or something like that. He got them to the Champions League*. :pac:

That game has given me a weird knowledge of soccer players names from various obscure and also well known teams from different years. :P People are generally like dafuq?! when I suddenly know the names of almost every player in a League 2 club. :pac:

*He definitely did not cheat at all by taking over other teams just as they happened to have an upcoming match against Harps... Nope.
    :p

Champions League football is coming to Donegal within 5 years, I promise my fans!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Apparently I smell like I was either, eh, going on a good long hike during the concert, or, ah, people people near me were doing so... I barely even noticed at the time, but it seems there's a relatively strong correlation between Red Hot Chili Peppers fans and hiking fans. :cool: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I'd say Couer would be into red hot chilis all right.

The question would be what he'd choose to do with them ...

Awwh Katy Perry's new song <3.. So cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Anyone following Wimbledon? :)

• Advertisement

Parents are driving me loopy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement