Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    Thanks for the tag change Cian. :rolleyes: :P

Glad you noticed:D
    It's only fair the world knows of Togepi's genius:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm almost finished the second season of True Blood. YAY for free time!

Is anyone else already worrying about results? I just...I just want to know already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Mysteriouschic <3 How can you hate these... :pac:

venomoth.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I actually haven't thought too much about the results. I just want to know what universities I've made the grades for or got the points for. I have thought about my maths result if I've gotten a c3 or not and just a D.

What tv series or movies have you's all been watching?

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Mysteriouschic <3 How can you hate these... :pac:

venomoth.jpg

I thought that was a pokemon for a minute lol. They fly around everywhere and it keeps coming towards me. I wouldn't mind if it stayed by the window I can't even open the window because it's there. I don't know if it's a moth or a butterfly it's as big as a butterfly thats all. How can you like butterfly. I don't like anything that flies.

• Advertisement

I thought that was a pokemon for a minute lol. They fly around everywhere and it keeps coming towards me. I wouldn't mind if it stayed by the window I can't even open the window because it's there.

It is a pokémon!!! VENOMOTH! :P

I don't care much for moths either... they are too noisy and hairy! ¬.¬

ChemHickey wrote: »
    It is a pokémon!!! VENOMOTH! :P

I don't care much for moths either... they are too noisy and hairy! ¬.¬

Oh I've only just noticed the name I wasn't paying attention lol . I was thinking thats what it was :o .
    I never play with venomoths in the game .

This one isn't too noisy it's big and flies everywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I actually had a nightmare about the results last night. I blame editing my CAO right before bed. Anyway went into the room, was sh*tting it so I asked the principal did I pass higher maths. They said I did so I got really relaxed. So I thanked them, got the envelope and left. Opened it up to see I got 440. Gutted wasn't the word haha. I immediately asked my friends what they got. One who's no way as smart as me but is smart to be fair got 499 pts...how the f you can get 499pts I dunno but anyway. Another who wants physchology got 360 or something. He too was gutted. I straight away thought of getting my stuff re-checked. The funny thing is I realised half way through that it was only a dream. Like I was talking to like two ppl, no teachers and even when I got home my parents never asked me about it. So I just went to my bedroom, thought about getting wasted that night and threw myself on my bed. I woke up then. Still though I got a big fright because I remember thinking how f*cked I was...really got me thinking.

I remember having a flash/vision of my results day even before the exams started. I remember what I was wearing and I seemed really happy looking at the Page. So yeah I'm gonna be wearin what I saw on the day haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I actually had a nightmare about the results last night. I blame editing my CAO right before bed. Anyway went into the room, was sh*tting it so I asked the principal did I pass higher maths. They said I did so I got really relaxed. So I thanked them, got the envelope and left. Opened it up to see I got 440. Gutted wasn't the word haha. I immediately asked my friends what they got. One who's no way as smart as me but is smart to be fair got 499 pts...how the f you can get 499pts I dunno but anyway. Another who wants physchology got 360 or something. He too was gutted. I straight away thought of getting my stuff re-checked. The funny thing is I realised half way through that it was only a dream. Like I was talking to like two ppl, no teachers and even when I got home my parents never asked me about it. So I just went to my bedroom, thought about getting wasted that night and threw myself on my bed. I woke up then. Still though I got a big fright because I remember thinking how f*cked I was...really got me thinking.

I remember having a flash/vision of my results day even before the exams started. I remember what I was wearing and I seemed really happy looking at the Page. So yeah I'm gonna be wearin what I saw on the day haha.
    I dreamt before that I got 585 points, then I woke up and remembered that shambles of a Geography paper, got annoyed and stayed in bed for hours.. :/ :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I have guilt filled dreams that I should be studying, then I wake up feeling guilty, then I realize the LC's over and stay in bed till around 2 or 3.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Oh god. The other night I had a dream were I was supposed to redo my physics exam for some unknown reason. But I had to do Higher Level, and I couldn't remember anything. I woke up, thought it was real, and stayed in bed sulking for hours. :o

Other than that summer is going swimmingly. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

i'm pretty crap at remembering dreams but i'm SURE i had a few about getting bad lc results. /:
    i remember a recent one about being jabbed in the neck with a needle on grad night too.. :L ugh

finally got my grad dress today though. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Caterpie was originally supposed to evolve into Venemoth, NO JOKE KIDS.

Oh god yes sleeping....for the entire LC and maybe one week before it I was up until two every night and got up at 6 to do a few hours before the exam. I actually had so much energy I didn't feel tired but I missed the comfort of bed so much!! Then when I finished my last exam, Accounting last monday week I went to bed at like 2 again because I was so used to staying up but I couldn't sleep. I was shattered but I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about having to remember ratio's/layouts/theory for accounting and I remember half way through the night that I realised I was finished and I could forget all that but f*ck I couldn't and I spent the rest of the night half consciously reciting theory and ratios. I told my older brother about it the following morning and he said that he was like that during his leaving Cert but not after it. I then realised that I was doing the exact same thing every night but I only remembered doing it properly when I knew I didn't have to. That was by far the freakiest thing about the LC for me(besides Maths P1 HL) the fact that I was getting like 4 hours in bed every night but must have been only two hours sleep, the other two was lightweight studying. Thats f*cked up!!! Did anyone else experience something like that or am I just a mental case?haha

Oh on the Pokemon side of things, everyone knows Metapod was the biggest G in existence. Do your worst to him and that dude just gets an erection. What a hero!!! I loved when you started off playing the game and you spent hours walking around the grass and finding c*nts like Abra who you could only catch by throwing the pokeball straight away cuz the b*stard would teleport and then suddenly up hops a Metapod. I remember the first time ever I thought oh sweet an actual thing that might do something. I with my Bulbasaur would lob out the ol vine whip and then Kid Hero does his harden. G status!!

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Oh god yes sleeping....for the entire LC and maybe one week before it I was up until two every night and got up at 6 to do a few hours before the exam. I actually had so much energy I didn't feel tired but I missed the comfort of bed so much!! Then when I finished my last exam, Accounting last monday week I went to bed at like 2 again because I was so used to staying up but I couldn't sleep. I was shattered but I couldn't sleep because I kept thinking about having to remember ratio's/layouts/theory for accounting and I remember half way through the night that I realised I was finished and I could forget all that but f*ck I couldn't and I spent the rest of the night half consciously reciting theory and ratios. I told my older brother about it the following morning and he said that he was like that during his leaving Cert but not after it. I then realised that I was doing the exact same thing every night but I only remembered doing it properly when I knew I didn't have to. That was by far the freakiest thing about the LC for me(besides Maths P1 HL) the fact that I was getting like 4 hours in bed every night but must have been only two hours sleep, the other two was lightweight studying. Thats f*cked up!!! Did anyone else experience something like that or am I just a mental case?haha

I find it very hard to sleep past 8.30 each morning. My bus use to leave at 7.00 in the morning and before the exams(for 2 weeks), I was getting up at 5.00am to study. So my sleeping is also all over the place!

Trying to convince my Mam to get me a Kindle (E-reader). They're gorgeous, and books work out at about 7/8e for most which is a lot less than book stores, the way I go through books i'll have made the money back in no time!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Namlub wrote: »
    Didn't really think colleges sent you letters before results because you put them on your CAO, just got one from UCD telling me to enjoy my well-earned summer break. Sound biys.
    Coincidentally, a few days before Change of Mind closes! >_>
    I've gotten about 10/15 letters from NUIM too. Understandably however, 9/10 of my choices are there! :L
    Boeing777 wrote: »
    I've gotten lots of letters from Maynooth too. My CAO is largely made up of NUIM so I don't mind. But what bugs me is getting letters from WIT, Carlow IT etc. I literally have WIT and Carlow IT 9/10th on Level 7. Complete waste of paper IMO.
    Also, DIT are so annoying :pac: At the time of their open day I got 2 texts, 2 emails and post. DIT features once on my Level 7 list at number 6 if memory serves me correctly?
    What a waste of money all round.

American-style marketing gurus strike again.

Coincidentally, a few days before Change of Mind closes! >_>

What a waste of money all round.

American-style marketing gurus strike again.

I've been getting letters and stuff all year though. Like how many students must of applied to UCD for a course? My guess would be in the 8/9000's and everyone received letters like? A lot of money being wasted!

I've been getting letters and stuff all year though. Like how many students must of applied to UCD for a course? My guess would be in the 8/9000's and everyone received letters like? A lot of money being wasted!

Even more for NUIM!! Bejaysus, it must be in the (hundred-)thousands of euros.

And back OT/ to Pokémon

Does anyone have favourite pokémon? I seriously can't decide!!! :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Trying to convince my Mam to get me a Kindle (E-reader). They're gorgeous, and books work out at about 7/8e for most which is a lot less than book stores, the way I go through books i'll have made the money back in no time!

Wouldn't mind one myself. Mother said she'd get me one for my birthday. What else could an 18 year old possibly want? :pac:

Umbreon. Getting a Starmie tattoo next month though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've had a massive fight with my dad. I'm completely done at this point.

I find it very hard to sleep past 8.30 each morning. My bus use to leave at 7.00 in the morning and before the exams(for 2 weeks), I was getting up at 5.00am to study. So my sleeping is also all over the place!

Yes I'm like that too. Strangely I've my alarm set for 8.15am every morning and normally I wake up before it because my parents and brother get up earlier for work every morning. But normally when they leave I go back to sleep for another hour or so. Eh it's early days. I should be up until 1 or 2 most nights and in bed until 12 or 1 by next week!! Wow 7am for the bus is crazy. I'd be still in bed by then besides for the leaving. Mine was at 8.10 without fail but I used be in school by half past so I was lucky :)

I personally would just prefer a normal book, reading from a machine just isn't the same. You can get books for under 5 Euro in second hand bookstores.

I find it difficult to sleep past 8.30 in the morning, cause I have to get up at 5 and go to work :( Ooooh I need to go to bed already.

Martin_94 wrote: »
    reading from a machine just isn't the same.

No, but it is better.

Umbreon. Getting a Starmie tattoo next month though.

Hahah they're in my list of favourites too! I think I wouldn't like starmie as much if it couldn't learn Thunder...

Some of my favourites - Houndoom, Absol, Politoed, Espeon/Leafeon, Breloom, Kingdra, Scizor, Skarmory, Gallade, Dragonair, Furret... The list is almost endless

Oh and on the topic of books, I must be a complete cheap b*stard. I've read 3 books since last monday when I got holidays and I didn't pay a cent for them. All downloaded off a file sharing site and then I read them on my ipod while listenin to music in bed. But yeah buying ebooks is pointless because you can get nearly everything for free nowadays. Lousy and illegal but hey I haven't the money tbh for buying books. I'm probably/hopefully gonna be leaving home for college in limerick in two months and thats gonna cost money so....

• Advertisement

No, but it is better.

Nah! Paperback books ftw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement