Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Nah! Paperback books ftw.

Okay you win :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

why must I always miss pokemon talk :(

oh and on the moth situation, I totally got attacked by one coming home after work :O big orange icky huge thing flying all around me :( ewwwwwwww :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

That was such a brilliant match :). The penalties are fun to watch. I'm so glad Spain won :). Portugal were quite good. Who's playing tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I've had a massive fight with my dad. I'm completely done at this point.

Are you ok? Do you wanna talk?
    I personally would just prefer a normal book, reading from a machine just isn't the same. You can get books for under 5 Euro in second hand bookstores.

MACHINE ftw! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

For some reason, my favourite Pokémon, just for its cuteness, is Chikorita. I remember the first time I saw it in the tv series. Adorable. <3

I never prevent Pokémon from evolving, but I'm not letting Chikorita evolve in my new game. It's too much of a dote! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭dmca93

Had not one, but two Leaving Cert results dreams last night. Horrifying stuff! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

I personally would just prefer a normal book, reading from a machine just isn't the same. You can get books for under 5 Euro in second hand bookstores.

There's an epic bookstore in Dublin on Westmoreland Street (the street that leads to O'Connell bridge on the Southside). All new books are less than 5 euro! I got brand new Ulysses for 3 euro :pac: odds of me reading all of it are small but yno :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Every time I come into this thread everyone is just talking about Pokemon:P

I guess I'm just not on the same playing field as you guys, Gold/Silver/Crystal was as far as I played. 2nd generation iirc. Where's it at now?

Eathrin wrote: »
    Every time I come into this thread everyone is just talking about Pokemon:P

I guess I'm just not on the same playing field as you guys, Gold/Silver/Crystal was as far as I played. 2nd generation iirc. Where's it at now?

Who doesn't love pokemon though :P
    I think its like 5th generation now :L

Who doesn't love pokemon though :P
    I think its like 5th generation now :L

Nintendo would be long long gone if it weren't for Pokemon and Mario. Fact.
    Not even Zelda nor Metroid would save them.

• Advertisement

Nintendo would be long long gone if it weren't for Pokemon and Mario. Fact.
    Not even Zelda nor Metroid would save them.
    True. What's metroid? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Decent match. Spain deserved the win I think! Penalties were great but Ronaldo bottled it by not taking one of the first ones. But what about Sergio Ramos? I was just saying to my dad as he was lining up that he could sky another one ala Bayern Munich but that was a sweet sweet pen. Germany/Italy tomorrow. Germany me thinks! Should be good though :)

On a side note, is there thunder and lightning by any of ye? I'm in my bedroom with some Kanye West blaring but no I still heard it. Turned off the music and the thunder clap nearly tore down the window. Now it's raining intensely. Wtf? First the 'leaving cert' weather never came now this ish.

Chikorita was as cool as a polar bears toe nails!! And that little swingy little thing it could do with the leaf. Always reminds me of a stripper....If I knew what a stripper would do *cough* *cough*.

I prefer Quilava over Chikorita and the other water pokemon.

One of my favourite starter pokemon were Mudkip in ruby/sapphire .

Did anyone else used to play Sonic? I used to play it on my friends Sega or was it a dream cast :S. I can't remember the game console name.
    That reminds me I haven't played Mariokart in ages another brilliant game but I can't play it without a ds.

Maybe it'll be another Spain/Germany final..

I prefer Quilava over Chikorita and the other water pokemon.

One of my favourite starter pokemon were Mudkip in ruby/sapphire .

Did anyone else used to play Sonic? I used to play it on my friends Sega or was it a dream cast :S. I can't remember the game console name.
    That reminds me I haven't played Mariokart in ages another brilliant game but I can't play it without a ds.

Maybe it'll be another Spain/Germany final..
    Johto starters were so cute I loved them but then again most starters are :)

omg I used to love sonic <3 I used to play it on my gameboy colour <3 tails, now I loved that flying fox :')

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

so yeah since the leaving cert has finished i've basically become a full time creep/stalker on facebook. it's my life now.

Charizard. Best. Pokémon. Ever.

i loved how lazy he was :) reminds me of myself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I've actually been away from FB alot. I check it maybe twice a day. Do a bit of chatting, check links and ish but na thats it. Facebook is borin as hell tbh. One thing I noticed is I'd like 430 friends during the leaving and now it's gone up to like 500. I know ppl deactivated their accounts for the LC but still thats odd as hell. Oh speaking of that caper, many of ye after joining twitter? It's become a craze with my friends. I joined in 5th year but deleted it because hardly anyone I knew was on it. Now all my friends have made accounts. I might sometime but I have to laugh at their tweets. Not being b*tchy but they say like one word and then hashtag hashtag hashtag hashtag

been on twitter for a little over a year, #IhatePeopleWhoHashtagOnSitesOtherThanTwitter :L

imelle wrote: »
    been on twitter for a little over a year, #IhatePeopleWhoHashtagOnSitesOtherThanTwitter :L

#Ialsohatethat..

I'm on Twitter, can't use it, think i've been on it twice in last a year. :P

I <3 Mario Kart on the DS. It's the only DS Game I play really, and it's sexy on the Wii too! :D

Johto starters were so cute I loved them but then again most starters are :)

omg I used to love sonic <3 I used to play it on my gameboy colour <3 tails, now I loved that flying fox :')

I really liked those starters. I still have the ruby game. I liked Leafgreen too :).

I remember in Sonic in one of the games he had these little babies or something to raise.

I've twitter and facebook. I only use fb to keep in touch with people. I never go on chat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

The desire to go buy useless and adorable stationary on ebay is killing me. I know I have more than enough but they're so cute I want them!!

I've only started thinking now of all the stuff i'll need for College next year :eek: I'm staying on Campus so i'll need basically everything. (And my Mam is making me bring a new mattress as i'm not allowed to sleep on an old one)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Is anyone else very nervous about college?

Terrified :O absolutely positively terrified :O

I'm slightly nervous because I don't know what to expect .

Meh, I have more important issues to deal with first of all, as in what to put down no.1 on my CAO:eek:

But with regards to college, what specifically has you worried?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Meh, I have more important issues to deal with first of all, as in what to put down no.1 on my CAO:eek:

But with regards to college, what specifically has you worried?

I don't know, new place I suppose far from home. I'm kinda looking forward to it in a way though.

I too haven't sorted out my CAO completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I'm terrified I won't make friends and I'll be a loner forever :(

I don't know, new place I suppose far from home. I'm kinda looking forward to it in a way though.

I too haven't sorted out my CAO completely.
    I suppose it's a whole different experience for you. UCD and TCD are just up the road from me(albeit quite a long road:p) so I'm up at both quite often. Even just yesterday I was hanging out at TCD for no reason. So there's no reason for me to move out, though I must admit I would absolutely love to. Believe me, you're getting the bargain here, moving out and living with others. Nothing changes for me, it's just like routine:P.
    Siobhnk wrote: »
    I'm terrified I won't make friends and I'll be a loner forever :(

Yep I looked into it and I'm afraid that's what fate has in store for you:(
    Oops should have spoiler tagged that:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I suppose it's a whole different experience for you. UCD and TCD are just up the road from me(albeit quite a long road:p) so I'm up at both quite often. Even just yesterday I was hanging out at TCD for no reason. So there's no reason for me to move out, though I must admit I would absolutely love to. Believe me, you're getting the bargain here, moving out and living with others. Nothing changes for me, it's just like routine:P.

Yep I looked into it and I'm afraid that's what fate has in store for you:(
    Oops should have spoiler tagged that:pac:

Well at least I know what's in store for me :P

Lads I'm starving, barely ate all day so what will I have? :/ decisions decisions

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement