Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've NCI down as my first choice for Managment of technology in business my 2nd choice is nci on the level 8s as well. I think I have ITT as my 2nd for IT management. I only have 2 down I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

I'm the same it depends on the person some people I'm really quiet with others you can't get me to shut up. It's usually the more extroverted people I find it hard to talk with or some of them anyway I know a few in my old school I was always quiet with them more because we had nothing in common making conversations awkward that I just avoided it. One of them even said why don't you talk more. Not everyone gets that I do talk just not all the time and some people it's much harder if we have nothing in common. This year repeating I made an effort to speak to most but I only spoke to people in my group. But I'd say I was only close to 4/5 out of 10 as I didn't have much in common with the others or they weren't as easy to talk to. One of them used to bitch a lot and I can't trust somebody who is always bitching as I'm always wondering if they'll be doing that about me behind my back.

100% agree with you. For me, trust is a huge part of communicating with people. I will not converse with those who I think will just go off and bad mouth me behind my back. I would describe myself as being quite introverted but that's as a result of hanging around with horrible people that used to treat me like shít. I have since learned that those people wont and never will have a part in my life. Funny enough those people are all planning on attending the same college I'm going to... However I won't know them next year! :D

Boeing777 wrote: »
    100% agree with you. For me, trust is a huge part of communicating with people. I will not converse with those who I think will just go off and bad mouth me behind my back. I would describe myself as being quite introverted but that's as a result of hanging around with horrible people that used to treat me like shít. I have since learned that those people wont and never will have a part in my life. Funny enough those people are all planning on attending the same college I'm going to... However I won't know them next year! :D

Yeah, one of them in the school that I hang around with we were in a group. One would always be rude to me for no reason. I didn't really care I used to take it as a joke because I really didn't care . She's actually fine with me now and nice to me. I think she was just having issues or something or learnt to treat people better. I'm usually the type which doesn't care if anyone says anything. I remember another time in my old school secondary in England in a girls school. She used to act rude to certain people . I think she even tried to bully me but it didn't work she moved on the others. One day she was trying to annoy me. I was ignoring it then eventually I just flipped and had a go her as she said something which really pissed me off. And I look like the type who wouldn't say anything because I'm quiet but if someone says something which really annoys me I can easily defend myself if needed. That hasn't happened in ages though.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

don't worry about things like sports teams and not being good enough for them in college. most colleges have the A team which is if you're serious but then they have B and C teams that just do it for the craic, and i've been on the senior football team at home for the last few years and most of them who are in college just say it's not really serious at all, it's more about the craic :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I hope there is a pokemon appreciation society wherever I go :P

• Advertisement

I hope there is a pokemon appreciation society wherever I go :P

You could always start one if they haven't got one :).

You could always start one if they haven't got one :).
    I hope I don't have to start one but if I have to I will :)
    along with a book club !!

Are you gonna bring your ds when you go to uni?
    I'm ordering one as soon as I get back. I need to play Pokemon again all this talk has got me into it and it's not the same online lol.

Are you gonna bring your ds when you go to uni?
    I'm ordering one as soon as I get back. I need to play Pokemon again all this talk has got me into it and it's not the same online lol.
    Oh definitely :) I can't find my heart gold though :( I plan to make friends with people who are into pokemon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

subz3r0 wrote: »
    MPS in DCU sounds like an epic society!

I don't know anyone applying to the same colleges as I either. I'm veery quiet (but very chatty if I get to know the people) and I don't drink which hopefully won't be too much of a challenge in meeting new people. It's very sad that sometimes it would be.
    We will all make friends in college, people! Don't worry about it yet.

Meh, I don't drink either, I don't think it'll be a problem, and if it is with some people, tell them to fúck off! :pac:

Don't think I can go to the NUIM University Day on Saturday :( Píssed off as it's where I really want to go, and my parents won't give me the money to go :rolleyes:.. They're being particularly frustrating lately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Can any of the Dubs on this thread tell me are there monthly DART tickets and if so, how much are they?

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Can any of the Dubs on this thread tell me are there monthly DART tickets and if so, how much are they?

I'm not sure about monthly, but when I went to the Institute at Christmas a weekly DART ticket was 22.80e (I think)

Oh definitely :) I can't find my heart gold though :( I plan to make friends with people who are into pokemon :P

I need to get heartgold/soulsilver I plan on ordering them next week along with a ds. I lost my pokemon pearl. I have the box but not the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

@HistoryKitten if your college doesn't have a Pokémon society, and mine doesn't, we can set ones up. :P I know there's one in DCU though, we should all just go there for that. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

The other day I was in a retro games shop with my boyfriend and we were looking at Pokemon games for a second, then this guy behind us made some comment about one of them and they started talking about Pokemon for literally 45 minutes. I don't think I'm that much of a hardcore fan to be honest. :L

finality wrote: »
    The other day I was in a retro games shop with my boyfriend and we were looking at Pokemon games for a second, then this guy behind us made some comment about one of them and they started talking about Pokemon for literally 45 minutes. I don't think I'm that much of a hardcore fan to be honest. :L

I missed the whole Pokemon phase tbh, I don't even remember seeing them on TV :confused:

I missed the whole Pokemon phase tbh, I don't even remember seeing them on TV :confused:

The guy my boyfriend was talking to had downloaded all the first few series of the anime. It might be interesting to watch them again actually, I can't really remember what the show was like. Although I think it would be a huge disappointment, I happened to see an episode of digimon on tv the other day and my reaction was "Was it always this bad??" :L I used to love it when I was a kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

imelle wrote: »
    lads will be some popular in primary teaching colleges because of the 9:1 ratio :L

I may stick that down now:p
    Chuchoter wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried about not joining a sport. I'd like to do yoga or pilates or something, but I absolutely detest competitive sport. I'm not sure if TCD has yoga or pilates, and its seems to be important to join some variation on a sport.

I'll definitely be joining plenty of sports but I don't see why anyone would feel compelled to:confused:
    Plenty of non-sporting societies.

Togepi wrote: »
    @HistoryKitten if your college doesn't have a Pokémon society, and mine doesn't, we can set ones up. :P I know there's one in DCU though, we should all just go there for that. :pac:
    Definitely :D can't think of 2 better gals to set them up either :P
    where do you think you're headed ? :)
    hold up dcu have one and that's my second choice atm!! Haha suddenly I don't wanna change that :L

Dcu is actually my first choice. I wouldn't want to join it by myself tnhough lol.
    I can't really talk about it.

I hope they have a swimming club it'd actually be fun although I haven't done swimming training since I was like 10. I remember I swam in a lake before and I bet my uncle at a swimming race. I'm not sure how I'd be for racing or against people :S. I've been thinking d tennis. I'm awful at badminton but I remember we did tennis for pe once I was actually pretty good and my friend who's good at badminton wasn't good at tennis :S. It'd be good to try out and see how I'd be. I'm thinking of joining a dance club too :). I just hope if you do there isn't a show at the end of the year that have to dance in.

• Advertisement

Which do yous find easier tennis or badminton?

I've had to play badminton in pe for like 2 years I hated it I used to always hit too early or too fast which means I miss hitting the shuttle. I like tennis if I played it I'd probably be alright I'm not sure if having long arms helps :s it seems fun or for me anyway.

I'll probably start playing badminton in college and see how it goes. I always liked it in school, but I was never mad into tennis. Badminton easily beats tennis for me purely because you don't have to run as much! :D

Yes, for some bizarre reason I absolutely love sport but hate running. :( :pac:

I don't mind some sport. I did basketball lessons ages ago it was quite fun.
    I've not played it for ages so I'm not that good now. I'm definitely joining swimming I'm thinking of going most days this summer. I hate running too.
    I really like circuit training though thats really fun. I hated pe in school mainly because I didn't like what we did. Although I preferred the pe we did then if it was an all girls school.
    I don't usually join sport teams but I feel like joining some.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

It's so difficult to start playing tennis after playing badminton for years. The racket is so much more heavier :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I'm pretty excited to get into some new sports when I head to college. :D Well acc I'll probably just get into one, capoeira, I need a new martial art to keep me entertained. Might have a look into the mountain biking or surfing clubs too, I'd like to do something new but it all depends on how much free time I have really.

What type of socs do you reckon you guys will join? :)

I kind of really want to do soccer, gaeilic, basketball, badminton and maybe a water sport in college. I'm either going to have to get a time-turner or I have some tough decisions to make to narrow that down to two or three sports. :o

And then there's the societies... :P

I'm gonna join Badminton, Tennis, Tag Rugby, Swimming, Athletics, Archery anddd the Law Societies, Literature and Debating Society and whatever else tickles my fancy!

I'll have the time methinks, with a fantastic 12 hour week for the BBL next year i'll be sorted! :D

I played badminton for a few years but mmmmmm I don't know, I probably won't do it in college. Athletics definitely, I used to compete all around the country and even in Scotland once, I miss it but I'm ridiculously unfit now and getting back into it is not going to be fun.

And I've got to do some acting, hopefully I'll be able to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Gonna try and get on the first freshers soccer team, and play Roller Hockey. Will probs join the journalistic and irish socs as well, and then whatever else seems best (AKA has the most women.....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

This is the first time I've been home in 4 days.. I love summer! :D Back to work this week end too, thank god :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement