Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Badminton is awful!
    Play some tennis ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

It's funny, I absolutely love tennis as a sport but have never played it much (Id really like to take it up someday though). And I don't think badminton is much of a sport but I've played loads of it.

Tennis is by far the superior sport, it's like comparing rugby to tag-rugby. No contest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've never played tennis! I'm a dab hand at Badminton but never Tennis! Also I <3 Handball! There's a handball center 2 minutes down the road from me, in a village with nothing. A handball center. It's a bit random. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Love tennis and badminton <3 Both are good tbh, I wouldn't prefer one over the other :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I don't know how people play badminton I find it hard because you have to hit it slow. The shuttle kind of annoys me too. I like tennis because you hit it fast . I don't like volleyball I can never hit the ball or get into it.

I think the only sports I like to do are swimming, tennis, I actually think I wouldn't mind running but I never run outside . I'd love to do archery , I wouldn't mind learning to surf although I might be slightly nervous about the deep sea water. I like watching football but I wouldn't play it. Most of my family prefer rugby.

• Advertisement

I just really like reading tbh! :P I'd choose it over sports any day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Does anyone else hate when you're watching a series and you're coming up to the last episode of the season. I always feel sad because it's over and it's the last episode :(. Sometimes I'll give it a few days before I watch the last episode because I don't want it to end. After I sometimes rewatch it.

Shall I change my avatar or not ? hmmmmm opinions :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Yes! Like Prison Break for example. I've already went through the whole thing in a week and seeing the last episode was a bit tear jerking :L Because it's been ages since I'd seen it and I remember the night I saw the final episode for the first time. Still though got the box set for xmas, finally got to watch it all again :)

Anyone watching Revenge btw? I seriously can't get enough of it. It's absolutely brilliant. They're killing off so many people and bringing in so many sub plots so fast :O It's kinda cool that we've seen whats gonna happen at the end too...it's different like.

Gwaannn. I'm gonna change mine too actually, I don't know what I was thinking picking Donald Duck, I hated him as a Child.. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Chuchoter wrote: »
    I'm a bit worried about not joining a sport. I'd like to do yoga or pilates or something, but I absolutely detest competitive sport. I'm not sure if TCD has yoga or pilates, and its seems to be important to join some variation on a sport.

I know this is going back a few pages but there's definitely a yoga society in Trinity and there are probably pilates classes available in the gym or something. :) What are you hoping to do in Trinity?

Gwaannn. I'm gonna change mine too actually, I don't know what I was thinking picking Donald Duck, I hated him as a Child.. :pac:

Ah I can't imagine seeing your posts though without Donald Duck :P love that lil duck :P
    haha I'll have a looksie so :) Though I do love Hello Kitty <3 and it suits my username kinda :O

I chose Snoop Dog, and I <3 it.. *life=none

I chose Snoop Dog, and I <3 it.. *life=none

Strange :O :P
    changed mine to another cat.... strange... may change it again :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Actually about avatars. Can you not like Upload your own one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Ah aldi vodka <3 Hitting Freakscene tonight, anyone else goin? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Nnnoooooooooo!!

Too late. :( </3

Boards isn't the same without Hello Kitty beside your name! :( :P

(And that massive overreaction is because any time I've gone shopping so far this summer I've seen Hello Kitty everywhere. :P Now it won't remind me of Boards, it'll just remind me of the emptiness inside. </3 Lyk if yhoo cryed xoxo!!)

:pac:

Togepi wrote: »

Nnnoooooooooo!!

Too late. :( </3

Boards isn't the same without Hello Kitty beside your name! :( :P

(And that massive overreaction is because any time I've gone shopping so far this summer I've seen Hello Kitty everywhere. :P Now it won't remind me of Boards, it'll just remind me of the emptiness inside. </3 Lyk if yhoo cryed xoxo!!)

:pac:

Haha oh sorry!! I'll change it back when I get on the laptop :') :P I really miss my hello kitty avatar actually :L I think my new one makes me look sneaky :L

and that's really cute :')

Haha oh sorry!! I'll change it back when I get on the laptop :') :P I really miss my hello kitty avatar actually :L I think my new one makes me look sneaky :L

Hehe, ah have whatever avatar you like bbz! :) You can just take my response as a vote for your original one. :P :pac:

Hehe, ah have whatever avatar you like bbz! :) You can just take my response as a vote for your original one. :P :pac:
    Back to normal bbz :P <3<3<3
    Haha tbh I like my hello kitty and I think patchy would also vote for the original one :L
    My old phone was hello kitty and I have a hello kitty bag too :pac: Hello Kitty is my thing methinks :P

• Advertisement

They have loads of Hello Kitty t-shirts in Pennys now. :eek: :P

They have loads of Hello Kitty t-shirts in Pennys now. :eek: :P

I have those too actually and 3 hello kitty hoodies :cool: *hangs head* dear god I'm a child :P
    My little sister works in Penney's so she always tells me when cool things like that come in :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I'm digging the new layout! It feels so square, like a really modern apartment or something!

It's true, I couldn't live without that hello kitty :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

leaveiton wrote: »
    I know this is going back a few pages but there's definitely a yoga society in Trinity and there are probably pilates classes available in the gym or something. :) What are you hoping to do in Trinity?

Hopefully law and french but I doubt really I'll get it.

It's true, I couldn't live without that hello kitty :D
    Awww coeur :') nawww you guys *sniff sniff* well hello kitty is here to stay for good :') she completes my boardsie look :D.

So many amazing bands to see, so little money. :mad: :(

Accio job! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Actually about avatars. Can you not like Upload your own one?

Nah, limited to subscribers which you have to pay five euro for :p

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Hopefully law and french but I doubt really I'll get it.

Just as a matter of interest, what are the points like for the BCL with French in TCD? Do they have a BCL with Spanish?

I've decided on the BBL (Law & Business), I think it's a better choice for me tbh, I found out from a friend who's just finished the 1st year BCL in NUIM, that you get 60% in first year Law you can transfer into the 2nd year LL.B (Pure Law degree) which is brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I suppose everybody else has already thrown them out, but I still have a massive pile of folders in the corner of my room with thousands of pages waiting to be unpocketed and dumped.

• Advertisement

I wish my CAO would sort itself out :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement