Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

Just as a matter of interest, what are the points like for the BCL with French in TCD? Do they have a BCL with Spanish?

I've decided on the BBL (Law & Business), I think it's a better choice for me tbh, I found out from a friend who's just finished the 1st year BCL in NUIM, that you get 60% in first year Law you can transfer into the 2nd year LL.B (Pure Law degree) which is brilliant!

550 and I can see it going to 560 too :(
    There a bit short on the BCL options really, theres only one for French and German and you have to have already done the language to LC. Wish I'd done German really, points are way lower!
    I have the business one in TCD down too, unsure of it but I guess if I hate the business aspect I'd say they'll let me transfer to puredy law.

Also I swear to God, when we were all supposed to be studying this place was manic, hundreds of posts in a day. Now we have loads of free time and theres no-one to talk to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Chuchoter wrote: »
    Also I swear to God, when we were all supposed to be studying this place was manic, hundreds of posts in a day. Now we have loads of free time and theres no-one to talk to!

I know right!! :pac:
    Well i'm here Chuchoter :P but I have to get ready for work (6 day week :( ). May finish my CAO later :(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

i love the tags on this thread, they always give me na lolanna :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Gots my E-reader! Kindle Touch, it looks SEXY! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Well i'm here Chuchoter :P but I have to get ready for work (6 day week :( ).

If I had a 6 day work week I'd be buzzing cos that would mean I'll make money! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I can't believe I spent 2 hours in a shopping centre about the same size of Blanch and I was on my own I didn't even buy anything . Window shopping is awful . I'm such a bad impulse buyer I spent £20 in Boots in the space of 10mins earlier and it was the first shop I went in to while I was waiting for my friend.

When is the cao closing date to add courses? I might add more level 7s like 2 more so I have 4 on each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

It's closing on sunday at 5.15 pm. So basically you've nearly all of the weekend yet :) you've only 4 from lvl 8 and 4 from lvl 7? :O I've 10 for l.8 and I've 7 for l.7 eventhough some of them are there for the sake of it. I've accounting, business and rec and leisure at the top anyway. Have no interest in any of them but they're the pick of the lot where I'm concerned :L

My day today:
    • Went to my friends house
    • Made a cake
    • Played Mario Kart

:P

TheComeUp wrote: »
    It's closing on sunday at 5.15 pm. So basically you've nearly all of the weekend yet :) you've only 4 from lvl 8 and 4 from lvl 7? :O I've 10 for l.8 and I've 7 for l.7 eventhough some of them are there for the sake of it. I've accounting, business and rec and leisure at the top anyway. Have no interest in any of them but they're the pick of the lot where I'm concerned :L

There's no other level 8s I like that are IT business. I haven't found any other business ones I'd put down. There's a few level 7s. I have 2 places in England which I've already been accepted all I need is the grades. So it's not too bad. I might add a few business courses.

There's no other level 8s I like that are IT business. I haven't found any other business ones I'd put down. There's a few level 7s. I have 2 places in England which I've already been accepted all I need is the grades. So it's not too bad. I might add a few business courses.

What are the courses you have down in England?

I regret not doing UCAS for Queen's University in Belfast. I was going to apply to the LLB with Politics. Needed 520 points ( 2 A2's, 4 B2's).. Decided it wasn't for me!

• Advertisement

let's play CAO chicken. put the first course on your CAO as jam making and the last to change it is the winner :L

imelle wrote: »
    let's play CAO chicken. put the first course on your CAO as jam making and the last to change it is the winner :L

Is Jam-Making a real course? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Is Jam-Making a real course? :eek:

How condescending of you:rolleyes:

Is the jam making course still there? I remember looking for it a while ago out of curiousity .

Eathrin wrote: »
    How condescending of you:rolleyes:

I've heard people talking about it, but didn't think it was actually real.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I've heard people talking about it, but didn't think it was actually real.. :P

Well, I have never been quite so insulted about my choice of career path in my life.

What are the courses you have down in England?

I regret not doing UCAS for Queen's University in Belfast. I was going to apply to the LLB with Politics. Needed 520 points ( 2 A2's, 4 B2's).. Decided it wasn't for me!

I applied for 5 as thats all you can have. I have Northumbria in Newcastle for BIS and Sheffield Hallam for IT management. I need 4 B1s and C3 in maths for the and 240 ucas points for the 2nd isn't too bad. I applied to Queens last year I was rejected lol. My last years offer was A1 Business A2 O English then B1s in the rest. I'd probably make that this year. I got the offer really late. I applied for non russell/redbrick groups this year but the others are still good. I don't think it matters for my kind of course .

actually can't find jam making on the list, however farmhouse cheesemaking looks rather appealing to me

I didn't think there was a basket making course or cabinet making lol. I can't see the jam one there.

• Advertisement

I've already been accepted for Jam making, barrel making and basket weaving :) think about it though you'll make the jam, store the jars in little baskets. Then preserve the baskets in barrels and I've a multi national business right there :D Integrated too....but seriously I heard that there was a fish farming course for like 50 pts up in Louth or somewhere :L

TheComeUp wrote: »
    I've already been accepted for Jam making, barrel making and basket weaving :) think about it though you'll make the jam, store the jars in little baskets. Then preserve the baskets in barrels and I've a multi national business right there :D Integrated too....but seriously I heard that there was a fish farming course for like 50 pts up in Louth or somewhere :L

I know people who would be lucky to get 50 points tbh.

''Wig Making''...are you serious? I actually couldn't come with a bizarre course like that but it's actually going to be a proper course :L Imagine the placement/work experience. 'Well I'm sorry, due to the limited business I'm afraid I can only pay your expenses in the form of hair'.

I was just about to write that ^.. Wigs??

I know people who would be lucky to get 50 points tbh.

Me too. I'd swear there was at least 7 ppl from our school who would have got 0 pts were it not for LCVP in the pres.

I'm thinking of adding gardening, organic farming to my list we all gotta start somewhere I do love nature. I could grow to love the gardening or farming you know. Maybe it's where I'm meant to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

subz3r0 wrote: »
    If I had a 6 day work week I'd be buzzing cos that would mean I'll make money! :pac:
    Yeah I suppose I just thought they would take it handy the first week I'm back but nah and every other week will be the same :( no life :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

I can't believe you are all talking about wig making and jam making when clearly the best course in the history of the world has just presented itself...:eek:

So yeah.. Just cut a shít load of my hair off.. :pac:

• Advertisement

So yeah.. Just cut a shít load of my hair off.. :pac:

Wanna talk it over a jar of jam?? :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement