Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

imagine if you were allergic to jam...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Wanna talk it over a jar of jam?? :)

Nah brooo, I hate Jam loikke..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Hello loveens! :)

Hello loveens! :)
    I've been wondering where you got to Coeur, finished being a frog yet? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I can't believe you are all talking about wig making and jam making when clearly the best course in the history of the world has just presented itself...:eek:

You... What have you done?! :eek:

I have to reconsider my entire CAO now!! :( Just when I thought I was finally finished with changing it. :o </3

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Thinking of changing my number one on the CAO. Why did I leave it till now to think about it :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Togepi wrote: »
    You... What have you done?! :eek:

I have to reconsider my entire CAO now!! :( Just when I thought I was finally finished with changing it. :o </3

:P

You'll thank me when you can make delicious chocolatey amazingness for yourself without having to go to a shop...who needs college! ;)

You'll thank me when you can make delicious chocolatey amazingness for yourself without having to go to a shop...who needs college! ;)

I actually have considered just setting up a chocolate factory in the past... :pac: It's just so, chocolatey! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Legendary night. Unfortunately I'm still up at 6:30:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Only in from work there at 6.. I'm wrecked but God does it feel good to be back working :D

• Advertisement

M&S* wrote: »
    Thinking of changing my number one on the CAO. Why did I leave it till now to think about it :(

What are you thinking of changing it to?

I've been wondering where you got to Coeur, finished being a frog yet? ;)
    Loool, that was a frape :p and a shítty one at that!
    Togepi wrote: »
    I actually have considered just setting up a chocolate factory in the past... :pac: It's just so, chocolatey! :P
    Has anybody seen the film Chocolat set in a small French town? That was my dream until I was literally like 13/14 :)

Is Chocolat a film I should put on my list?

Eathrin wrote: »
    Is Chocolat a film I should put on my list?

Well it depends. It's a really nice relaxing film to watch on a rainy night or something, but it's not a great film like. I liked it though!

I was going to link the trailer but the trailer's really bad, so you'll just have to wonder what it's about. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

All this chocolate talk I just realised I haven't had any in like a week or two. I want some now lol.

Is the Dark Knight good?
    I've seen it before but the times I watched it I was tired so I didn't pay attention to it as much.

I might watch it again before seeing the 2nd.

All this chocolate talk I just realised I haven't had any in like a week or two. I want some now lol.

Is the Dark Knight good?
    I've seen it before but the times I watched it I was tired so I didn't pay attention to it as much.

I actually never watch films, i've only watched very few, I just can't concentrate fully for 3-4 hours :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

@coeur I've seen chocolat <3 in French class lol :')

lads maynooth or ucd ? :( still can't figure it out :(

Is the Dark Knight good?

Yes:eek:
    I implore you to go watch Batman Begins now, then The Dark Knight. Yes, the new film is the 3rd in the series actually.
    And they're freakin' brilliant films.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

@PictureFrame: I was going to change primary teaching to arts, ever since I found out about it being 4 years I've been iffy about the whole thing. I could stay in Cork and just have 6 more months to get the same qualification without the need of moving out. I just don't know :(

Eathrin wrote: »
    Yes:eek:
    I implore you to go watch Batman Begins now, then The Dark Knight. Yes, the new film is the 3rd in the series actually.
    And they're freakin' brilliant films.

Oh is Batman begins the first . Maybe thats why I didn't quite understand it the first time I didn't see Batman begins. I like most superhero movies. I'll watch them later :).

• Advertisement

Are the courses you want to do in each college really different or is it the same for both?

Kitty, all i'll say is everyone who went to Maynooth I know, has absolutely loved it. I'm not just saying that, but even the open day, it feels so homely and you can imagine yourself there! It sounds silly, but all the lecturers and everybody was so friendly and aghh it's just so nice! I'd definitely recommend NUIM, I think it's an amazing college!
    M&S* wrote: »
    @PictureFrame: I was going to change primary teaching to arts, ever since I found out about it being 4 years I've been iffy about the whole thing. I could stay in Cork and just have 6 more months to get the same qualification without the need of moving out. I just don't know :(

What do you think is the best idea for you? I was putting down a course as my Aunts are Solicitors and advised me that an LL.B (pure law) was better than a B.BL (Law & Business). At the end of the day, I thought to myself and realised I wanted to do Law & Business more than pure law, and so that's going down as #1. Follow your instincts! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Whats wrong with Primary being four years? I for one am delighted. Granted it's another year of expenses, but it's another of precious college life which will be missed dearly in a very short time when you think about it plus the work load will be spread out better :)

I actually don't eat or like chocolate that much. White chocolate is unreal but isn't there just vanilla in that and not actually the cocoa stuff? But yeah dairy milks were handy for the leaving cert in fairness. Oh and chocolate yogurts. I'm telling ye if you need a savage energy kick it has to be chocolate yogurts and a banana :D dip the banana into the yogurt and into the gob it goes :P but outside of needing it for energy I don't really ever have chocolate...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

@togepi they're both arts courses. I've made pro and cons lists to no avail I actually am so stuck :(
    @PF I know :) thank you :) I genuinely think I'll be happy wherever I end up but at the same time I just wanna pick the one that'll be best for me and that I want the most :( maynooth seems lovely and its definitely my favourite college after ucd :) I was well impressed at the open day and I know a girl who went there and loved it :) I just don't know :(

I've actually had a long think. I decided I want to move out. Whichever of the uk courses I get I'll take them. And there's a year working in both of them. I know it's what I really want. I don't think I want to go to any of the places I applied for. Dcu seems great but it's just too close 2mins away that I really don't want to go to it. I think moving would be the best option for me and I'd become so much more confident because I have to speak to loads of people. I'll see what happens . It's not like I'd be leaving Dublin for good with family and friends here. Then there's loads of months off during the summer. But I do wonder if I move if I'd lose contact with my friends which I don't want to happen. I'm still nervous if I do move but I guess that's normal. I'll see what happens though :). As long as I get into somewhere really.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Yay everyone me laptops working :D
    Hope everyone had a grand aul' LC xD

I'm not going to move out because I know if I do I'll go out every night and get stoned every day. I'm not mature enough to handle that sort of responsibility yet. Also I can't afford to move out yet!

@togepi they're both arts courses. I've made pro and cons lists to no avail I actually am so stuck :(

Well at least you know what course you want! :) I'd say you'll get the scholarship for NUIM no bother, so that's obviously an incentive to go there, plus Dublin would be expensive, but then everything's on your doorstep in Dublin and it'd probably be mad craic! :P And they've scholarships there too. I've no idea really, just keep adding to your list of pros and cons and see if it helps, or just come to Limerick. :P :pac:

Look at all the clubs and societies and stuff in each college too, if you're into them, and if one has way more that you'd like then put that one higher up the list. :) It all depends on whether or not you'd like to live in a city or a town too. I'm generally scared of cities but I'd still probably go for the city for a change and just for the fun of it. :P

Edit: What Coeur said!

Other edit: OMG, a wild AlmightyDublin appeared!! :eek: :P

@PF I know :) thank you :) I genuinely think I'll be happy wherever I end up but at the same time I just wanna pick the one that'll be best for me and that I want the most :( maynooth seems lovely and its definitely my favourite college after ucd :) I was well impressed at the open day and I know a girl who went there and loved it :) I just don't know :(

If you prefer UCD then go to UCD dude! There shouldn't be any competition if it's your favourite university and the courses are the same! Which one are you closer to?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I live in Dublin Historykitten and I'd definitely suggest going to NUIM instead! The expenses of living in Dublin are very high, and since UCD is on th south side I'd assume they'd be even higher down there. Also, Dublin isn't as fun as everyone thinks. Yeah there are some good club nights and stuff and you do have an awful lot right at your finger tips, but I find there is just too much to do in the city, like, you just don't need five Starbucks all in walking distance of each other. :P

Either way I hope you enjoy whichever you pick, I'm really biased because I can't wait to get out of this city but still. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement