Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Yay everyone me laptops working :D
    Hope everyone had a grand aul' LC xD

AlmightyDublin! :D Welcome back! :P I haven't seen you on this since before the Mocks! :eek: how've you been doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

NUIM is supposed to be good. My friend went there this year and loved it. Although shes dropped out mainly because she's doing beauty instead of politics it wasn't for her. She loved it. Another person I know also loves it I think shes in the 3rd year now. Choose which uni you really want. I'd say go with your instinct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

If you prefer UCD then go to UCD dude! There shouldn't be any competition if it's your favourite university and the courses are the same! Which one are you closer to?
    Maynooth is closer. The scholarship plus the fact it will be cheaper kills me. :( I don't want to cause my parents more hardship for nothing :( everyone thinks it obviously should be maynooth and I know that too but still :(

@PF I know :) thank you :) I genuinely think I'll be happy wherever I end up but at the same time I just wanna pick the one that'll be best for me and that I want the most :( maynooth seems lovely and its definitely my favourite college after ucd :) I was well impressed at the open day and I know a girl who went there and loved it :) I just don't know :(

Just go with whatever you think will be best for you! :)

And @The Come up: My course is 3 years, but i'm definitely planning on doing a Masters in Queens University (Belfast), fingers crossed everything goes well! So i'll be at least 4 years aswell. I think i've decided I want to go into Environmental Law after University, a little bit 'out there' but I really don't want to be one of those 'do little, pay lots' solicitors, I really want to do something that'll do good! So yeah, Environmental Law I think! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

AlmightyDublin! :D Welcome back! :P I haven't seen you on this since before the Mocks! :eek: how've you been doing?

Grand lad :D me laptop took a noseidve off me desk and entered a 3 month coma haha :P but like jesus, its re-born, and its all good :cool:
    LC = Overhyped no? :D:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Loool, that was a frape :p and a shítty one at that!

Has anybody seen the film Chocolat set in a small French town? That was my dream until I was literally like 13/14 :)

Oh coeur, the best frape I ever saw was on your page the other day :pac: it was the one about your activities on your cv, dear god I was in stitches :P

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Oh coeur, the best frape I ever saw was on your page the other day :pac: it was the one about your activities on your cv, dear god I was in stitches :P

I thought that was true! I laughed at that for agees! :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Grand lad :D me laptop took a noseidve off me desk and entered a 3 month coma haha :P but like jesus, its re-born, and its all good :cool:
    Welcome back! :) LC was incredibly overhyped, not as horrendous as I had been expecting! :D
    Siobhnk wrote: »

Hahaha I agree, that was a good frape :L it got like 80 likes!

Really? I've dropped my laptop down the stairs, twice. It's still going good! And it's only a lickle baby of a one, a hp I got at Christmas. :P

Sooo overhyped, seems kinda silly now that it's done!

Really? I've dropped my laptop down the stairs, twice. It's still going good! And it's only a lickle baby of a one, a hp I got at Christmas. :P

Sooo overhyped, seems kinda silly now that it's done!

Haha tough laptop :P
    Yeah, I agree, all the exams were manageable, nothing impossible. :pac:
    So, CAO sorted at this stage?? :confused:

• Advertisement

Haha tough laptop :P
    Yeah, I agree, all the exams were manageable, nothing impossible. :pac:
    So, CAO sorted at this stage?? :confused:

CAO is done, never to be looked at again! I'm going to do the (B.B.L) Civil Law & Business in NUI Maynooth, yourself?

CAO is done, never to be looked at again! I'm going to do the (B.B.L) Civil Law & Business in NUI Maynooth, yourself?

Ahh fair play, all the best with that! :) I'm still running through a few courses, hope to have it sorted in about an hour or so! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I haven't put too much thought into my CAO after the first two choices. :o With last year's Leaving Cert I'm pretty much guaranteed my first choice though, unless it goes up seventy points, plus I'll surely do better this time round, so it'll have to go up more than seventy points... I still want to be sure I'd be happy with at least my top five choices though! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Does that allow you to teach some day? I think I remember you saying that you would like to be a teacher?

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Does that allow you to teach some day? I think I remember you saying that you would like to be a teacher?

Hey! Yeah it does, so I have that as a second option if I so wish! I'm nearly 100% I want to become a Solicitor and practise Environmental Law & Sustainable Development, but we'll wait and see what I think of it I suppose! You're for NUIM aswell yeah? All us 'Noothians boardsies should have a meet-up when we arrive in the Nooth! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

It's so weird seeing everyone stress about their CAO. I've had mine decided on since January and haven't changed a single thing on it. All I've done with it since applying was log in yesterday just to make sure it was still there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Yay everyone me laptops working :D
    Hope everyone had a grand aul' LC xD

There's a name we've missed! How's it going? LC treat you well?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Hey! Yeah it does, so I have that as a second option if I so wish! I'm nearly 100% I want to become a Solicitor and practise Environmental Law & Sustainable Development, but we'll wait and see what I think of it I suppose! You're for NUIM aswell yeah? All us 'Noothians boardsies should have a meet-up when we arrive in the Nooth! :D

Oh right so you've lots of options! I've never actually heard of Environmental Law & Sustainable Development. It does sound quite cool though :P
    Yes I'm definitely going to NUIM! I <3 It :D Yeah we should actually! I'm sure there's lots of budding 'Noothians hanging around this forum? :)

Aw lads, I've finally gotten around to clearing out all the books I dumped in my room after the Leaving. It's an emotional roller coaster. :( It started out grand - I was throwing Maths notes into the 'recycle' pile like there was no tomorrow... Then I took them back because I realised I might need them in college. :o :P Decided not to part with any Irish notes, as I like Irish and there was some nice vocabulary and phrases there. :P But then I got to English. My beautifully ancient copy of Hamlet. Poetry Now 2011. I can't throw that stuff out. </3 I actually love some of the poetry, and Hamlet taught me how to procrastinate over the last three years. <3 The comparative can burn in hell like, but I'm keeping the rest. :pac: I can't even bring myself to open my English folder, it'd be a crime to throw those notes out, they're gorgeous. <3 :P

*Tear*

:p

Eathrin wrote: »
    There's a name we've missed! How's it going? LC treat you well?

Ahh I'm grand :D Ha yeah lad, LC was nothing really, dont see what everyone was so stressed about :P Flew by too in fairness! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Not gonna touch my books/notes until I'm guaranteed my course. I've still doubts that I'll get the points :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Togepi wrote: »
    Aw lads, I've finally gotten around to clearing out all the books I dumped in my room after the Leaving. It's an emotional roller coaster. :( It started out grand - I was throwing Maths notes into the 'recycle' pile like there was no tomorrow... Then I took them back because I realised I might need them in college. :o :P Decided not to part with any Irish notes, as I like Irish and there was some nice vocabulary and phrases there. :P But then I got to English. My beautifully ancient copy of Hamlet. Poetry Now 2011. I can't throw that stuff out. </3 I actually love some of the poetry, and Hamlet taught me how to procrastinate over the last three years. <3 The comparative can burn in hell like, but I'm keeping the rest. :pac: I can't even bring myself to open my English folder, it'd be a crime to throw those notes out, they're gorgeous. <3 :P

*Tear*

:p

I was a bit like that too but today I just went on a rampage and threw everything into the recycle pile :pac: The only things I'm keeping are my biology and chemistry notes because I might need to look back on things in college, and my German notes because I want to keep it up. Other than that though, everything's in a neat little (or not so little) stack for the green bin :P

Which brings me to a question - can books be recycled, and if not what can I do with them? Going to pass as many as I can on but there are things like the poetry book that I can't give away. I want them all gone anyway, I only threw out my JC books last year :P

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Not gonna touch my books/notes until I'm guaranteed my course. I've still doubts that I'll get the points :/

I forgot to mention in my other post that the only reason I'm getting rid of stuff is because I've already repeated the Leaving and I'm definitely not doing it again! Even if I was certain I'd gotten my course last year I wouldn't have dumped a thing until the results came out, wouldn't like to tempt fate. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I still have all my books in a box. I've tons of stuff I don't know where to start. I bought so many folders for my notes plus revision books for some subjects. Then there's all the past papers. I have two sets of business papers. They're in both my room and the downstairs room. I might try and sell the books to a second hand shop. I really don't want to throw out any of my notes as mad as that may seem. It must feel good to get rid of all the books though :).

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭amymak

I'm just sad for all the rainforests that sacrificed their lives so that we could succeed in our LC. I think we should all have a moment of silence...

I'm personally keeping all my notes and any books that could be of use to my siblings, and I'm still dumping a ridiculous amount. (I also don't want to throw away anything I might need next year. I'm pretty sure I'm safe, but I don't want to jinx it.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Togepi wrote: »
    I forgot to mention in my other post is that the only reason I'm getting rid of stuff is because I've already repeated the Leaving and I'm definitely not doing it again! Even if I was certain if gotten my course last year I wouldn't have dumped a thing until the results came out, wouldn't like to tempt fate. ;)

Ah thats fair enough so. I have thrown away stupid exercise sheets and the like that will never be needed but as far as notes and books...all sorted into big piles in the garage and I'm not going in there until late August hopefully before a trip to the recycling centre :) I'm gonna keep my irish stuff alright because that'll be handy for college. Well like I want primary teaching and you do alot of similar subjects so actually I might have to keep alot. Except french and accounting...oh and project maths. That can go and **** itself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Bought a Kindle today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I'm never going to get a job. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Hehe I'm selling some of my textbooks on Adverts.ie, giving away notes and revision books to 5th years and heartlessly burning other stuff and keeping my Economics book for college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Right so I'm staying home tonight while all of my friends go out and get drunk cause I've no money. I'm stuck at home with nothing good on tv, no credit, no alcohol or weed and pissing rain. I WANT TO DO SOMETHING FUN. AND I NEED SUGGESTIONS!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement