Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Right so I'm staying home tonight while all of my friends go out and get drunk cause I've no money. I'm stuck at home with nothing good on tv, no credit, no alcohol or weed and pissing rain. I WANT TO DO SOMETHING FUN. AND I NEED SUGGESTIONS!

Dr Hans Jerkov is available any hour for an appointment these days I hear...just sayin'

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Oh right so you've lots of options! I've never actually heard of Environmental Law & Sustainable Development. It does sound quite cool though :P
    Yes I'm definitely going to NUIM! I <3 It :D Yeah we should actually! I'm sure there's lots of budding 'Noothians hanging around this forum? :)

Cool! What do you want to do?

M&S* wrote: »
    Bought a Kindle today :)

I bought one yesterday, they're da bommmbb.. What type of one did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

Cool! What do you want to do?

Science Education :D Providing I get the points of course. If not, then General Science.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

Science Education :D Providing I get the points of course. If not, then General Science.

That's my Number 2! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Dr Hans Jerkov is available any hour for an appointment these days I hear...just sayin'

Sadly I think I'll be having several appointments with him tonight, my health has taken a turn for the worst!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Bubbleope wrote: »

NUIM buddies <3 have ye applied for campus?

That's my Number 2! biggrin.gif

I nearly had a Science Ed buddy there.. :( I've yet to find somebody who is doing it. I'll probably be there on my own rolleyes.gif

Defo! :cool: Em, no I don't think I'll stay on campus because I don't live too far away. I live about 45 mins away and there's a good bus service. So I'm not sure yet? Are you staying on campus?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Ah lads, you're all NUIM buddies now. I'm yet to find TCD buddy apart from like finality who's going there too.

*forever alone*

hahaaaa oh god. i didn't apply yet! :pac: okay i'm going to now though. nuim used to be at like number 6 which is why i didn't apply for campus. = bad decisions!
    do we need to pay a deposit? :confused:
    i'm filling out the online form now!
    I nearly had a Science Ed buddy there.. :( I've yet to find somebody who is doing it. I'll probably be there on my own rolleyes.gif
    I'm a loner in ALL of my choices trust me. :L None of my friends have courses like mine. :pac: ah well. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

It's my number 2 as well, and then General Science is my number 3! :)

I may well be your Science Ed buddy, not sure if I'll get my 1st choice...
    subz3r0 wrote: »
    Ah lads, you're all NUIM buddies now. I'm yet to find TCD buddy apart from like finality who's going there too.

*forever alone*

...but hopefully I will, in which case, I can be your TCD buddy!

• Advertisement

leaveiton wrote: »
    It's my number 2 as well, and then General Science is my number 3! :)
    Mine is the other way around. General Science before Science Ed.. O: haha oh god. Maybe i'm crazy. :eek: I'm still thinking about putting Science Ed as number one though! So Boeing777 might have a buddy!! :) if i get the points.. :eek:
    Do ye guys have Limerick Science Ed down too? Seems like a good one. :D It's my number 3!

Mine is the other way around. General Science before Science Ed.. O: haha oh god. Maybe i'm crazy. :eek: I'm still thinking about putting Science Ed as number one though! So Boeing777 might have a buddy!! :) if i get the points.. :eek:
    Do ye guys have Limerick Science Ed down too? Seems like a good one. :D It's my number 3!

If you don't like Science Ed you can just drop the education modules and you'll go through the General Science route, so it wouldn't be too bad if you put it first! If you'd prefer to do General Science though then stick with it as number 1 :)

Nah I don't have Limerick Science Ed down, I'm based in Dublin and Maynooth is as far as I'll go :P

Haha, C'mon you know you want to! :D Don't have me on my own next year :( And besides, in General Science you've three subjects till 3rd year. In Science Ed your down to two from second year onwards. Science Ed FTW :D

Nah I didn't put Limerick down. It's out of my radius :pac:

I was so conflicted between Science Ed in Maynooth and TCD General Science for ages. Decided on Trinity for definite though after a lot of consideration. I'd still be happy to take Science Ed though if I didn't get Trinity :)

If you don't like Science Ed you can just drop the education modules and you'll go through the General Science route, so it wouldn't be too bad if you put it first! If you'd prefer to do General Science though then stick with it as number 1 :)

Nah I don't have Limerick Science Ed down, I'm based in Dublin and Maynooth is as far as I'll go :P

fair point. :) hmm thank-you. :D i'm not completely sure if i want to go down the education route which is why i'm keeping my options open with the general science but.. then again. i do have an interest in education! :L i'm just nervous. still thinking about my course choices to be honest. :eek:

but the limerick course seems SOOO NICE! :pac: i just hate the fact it's in Limerick. :o

Haha, C'mon you know you want to! :D Don't have me on my own next year :( And besides, in General Science you've three subjects till 3rd year. In Science Ed your down to two from second year onwards. Science Ed FTW :D

Nah I didn't put Limerick down. It's out of my radius :pac:

Ah shtop! O: haha i'm so confused now!! :pac:

fair point. :) hmm thank-you. :D i'm not completely sure if i want to go down the education route which is why i'm keeping my options open with the general science but.. then again. i do have an interest in education! :L i'm just nervous. still thinking about my course choices to be honest. :eek:

Yeah I'm not 100% sure if I'd like to go down the education route either which is why I like that you're able to give up the modules after 1st/2nd year and just continue on into general science! It is completely up to you though, I'm not going to try and sway you either way :pac:

Ah shtop! O: haha i'm so confused now!! :pac:

I'm joking :pac: I wouldn't like to pressurize you into making a potentially fantastic decision.... now would I? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

many people considering internation business/ commerce?
    if so where and what language? (if doing any)

Yeah I'm not 100% sure if I'd like to go down the education route either which is why I like that you're able to give up the modules after 1st/2nd year and just continue on into general science! It is completely up to you though, I'm not going to try and sway you either way :pac:
    I'm joking :pac: I wouldn't like to pressurize you into making a potentially fantastic decision.... now would I? ;)

i'm seriously thinking about putting science ed first now. and putting general as number 3.
    ye aren't swaying me towards this decision.. :L okay maybe ye are a bit. but leaveiton makes a good point. O: hmmmmmm okay i need more time to think. :L

what time is CAO change of mind over tomorrow? 5ish? hmmmmmm okay i can do this. :D i think :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

shanmo wrote: »
    many people considering internation business/ commerce?
    if so where and what language? (if doing any)

Commerce international ucd ! French and chinese :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭shanmo

haro124 wrote: »

one if my choices but chinese and german:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I re-did my cao yesterday and I'm going to UCD.
    I know a lot of you guys are too, Patchy, Almighty, Hk,...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I watched Batman Begins it's actually a great movie :). I'll watch The Dark Knight tomorrow. I was going to watch it today I had started it but I was tired so I'll watch it tomorrow :).
    I'll enjoy it more this time knowing what is actually going on.

i'm seriously thinking about putting science ed first now. and putting general as number 3.
    ye aren't swaying me towards this decision.. :L okay maybe ye are a bit. but leaveiton makes a good point. O: hmmmmmm okay i need more time to think. :L

what time is CAO change of mind over tomorrow? 5ish? hmmmmmm okay i can do this. :D i think :P

Ok well whatever decision you make, please make sure its what YOU want :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iMMer5ion

I am looking for different routes to Vet Med
    Can anyone tell me if I can do any of these as a back entrance?

UCD Vet. Nursing
    UCD Agricultural Science
    UCD Animal Science - Equine

Thanks! I know Ag Science is accepted buy what about the other 2?

Anyone wanna join me in Mary I no? :D I just remembered there that when I rang my accommodation place a few weeks ago to make sure everything was sorted ya wan told me I've two single beds in my room...I'm gonna be building a fort anyway :P awww I'm looking forward to college like being away from home and all of the retards in my town for a while (seriously my area is a dump full of wasters, crime, wannabes and drugs) but I'm absolutely bricking it about the points situation :(...I'm going to Australia or somewhere else otherwise. Serious if my parents won't allow me leave I'm just gonna sneak out in the middle of the night and f*ck off. I already told them I'm not repeating if it comes to it.....but yeah I can't stop worrying about it like :/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I won't know anyone in any of mine either even in dcu or nci. If I'm uk I guess most will be moving not knowing anyone hopefully it'll be fine. I'm still second guessing my decision.
    I just want it to be results day already.

Theres definitely one other fella from my school going for Mary I too and we're actually pretty good friends but he tends to get caught up in the presence of others :L It's actually fairly funny to see it but it does get annoying...I also *kinda* know a few from the school down the road who's going for Primary so it won't be bad I guess. You're very brave for going to England. Hope it works out for ya :) honestly I don't think I could go to anywhere outside Ireland for college...maybe America but I think I'd go nuts :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Finally out of work :D blood on my hand though :( rough day :(

anyways I mulled it over, even though I should go to maynooth. I think ucd is where ill be going :) that's subject to change :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

shanmo wrote: »
    haro124 wrote: »

one if my choices but chinese and german:D
    What are some of your other choices ? I just have plain business or languages down and have to stick others down tomorrow

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement