Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Yeah whoever's not friends with mehh on FB, feel free to PM me for a link..

I wanna be 4nds 4eva wiit all of yeez. <3 xoxo

Jesus somebody who writes like that must be hot. PM sent!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Ended up getting money off mom and going out last night, twas fun :)

But I feel like I missed a boardsie shindig! :( And what's this I hear about a party at mine? :X I'll buy red cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Oh god I just woke up in this huge panic about getting my HEAR letter, ran around my room looking for shoes and a hoodie to go out and check the mail.

It's Sunday. Oh god I'm an idiot. :pac: So much worry for nothin'.

Edit: Also last night I had my worst Leavig Cert dream ever. I had to do all of my LC exams AT THE SAME TIME. Oh god, it was awful. There was so much stuff I didn't even get to start. Scary stuff. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Had my first LC nightmare last night.
    I did my French exam and then went home to study History. The next day I find out the History exam was after French the previous day D: I was freaking out and frantically picking my best OL subject to compensate for lost points.

Funny thing is I don't do either French nor History :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Once again indecision kicks in :( cao will forever haunt me :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Only a few hours left! If you are undecided by 5pm, toss a coin in desperation and finish the CAO before the time is up!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I finished my cao I added a few business courses I have maynooth as 4th choice for business and accounting if I don't get any IT Business courses and a general business course in Blanch . And for my level 7s I have 2 IT Business courses and 3 business courses. 6 level 8s and 5 level 7s. I'm happy with that business is my back up :). I actually quite like the business courses now that I think about it :D. Of course I left it to the last day to think about adding other courses now I can't stop thinking about doing a business course. :rolleyes:. I'm just going to leave it I make stupid decisions in the spur of the moment.

My mam got me a hello kitty nightlight for college :D yes I'm afraid of the dark :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Don't panic over it, just keep calm! Last year I finally decided on mine with about fifteen minutes to spare. :o If your first two choices are the same, then you really don't have half as much to worry about as some people do! :) It seems like you'd much rather go to UCD, so if that's the case then just go for it. If money is an issue, you have a fairly good job and have been working loads during the last year or for however long it's been, so you'll probably be a lot better off than most first years. :) As cheesy as it sounds just go with your heart. :P

Edit: Aw that nightlight post is as cute! :') :P

Togepi wrote: »
    Don't panic over it, just keep calm! Last year I finally decided on mine with about fifteen minutes to spare. :o If your first two choices are the same, then you really don't have half as much to worry about as some people do! :) It seems like you'd much rather go to UCD, so if that's the case then just go for it. If money is an issue, you have a fairly good job and have been working loads during the last year or for however long it's been, so you'll probably be a lot better off than most first years. :) As cheesy as it sounds just go with your heart. :P

Edit: Aw that nightlight post is as cute! :') :P
    Thank you togepi and the rest of you guys, you're the best :D you've been great through everything :')

Haha thanks I thought ye would laugh but I don't care :') ha I should post pics its so cute :')

• Advertisement

I just moved Business and accounting in NUIM to my 3rd then switched it back because I'm not sure if I want to be an accountant :S. It'd back to 4th choice.I can't decide whether to have it as 3rd or 4th choice :S or to put computing. I've 2 hours to decide . It'd probably won't matter lol but still...now I'm thinking one of the other business courses are good that I have down.

I'm actually thinking of maybe making Cork IT my number 1 I've just found a good course and I get to move out :).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

To change my first choice or not to change it, that is the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Decided to stick with Primary + Physchology combined for #1. Probably won't get it but if I did the work load would be killer but it would be a brilliant course for the future. Normal primary #2. So yeah happy. Threw in BIS #10 just because it's 400pts and if worst comes I'll have that. Plenty jobs there too. Still iffy about my number 1 + 2. In one way i'd hate to get my #1 because it'll be lectures study bed lectures study bed. Plus the summer thing. But it's done now. Not going near it anymore :)

Guys, is it bad to be thinking of tossing a coin to decide whether or not to change my number one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

hhmmm............ Probably :rolleyes:

hhmmm............ Probably :rolleyes:

Right

F the coin, what feels good for you is the single most important thing...plus I hate to say it but the prospect of a job swung it for me anyway. It is a recession like. We're probably gonna be still in it after 4 or 5 years. Has to have some bearing on it like.

I've now changed my first choice to UCC Business Information Systems , Dcu is my 2nd.. I've changed my cao 5 times already today. I left it until the last minute why do I feel like I'm procrastinating lol.
    UCC wasn't even on the list. Why does the indecisiveness kick in now...
    Looking at my choices I have 3 BIS courses when there was only 1 originally.
    I don't even know if I'll make the points for ucc but I can if I get the results I was aiming for.

I figured I feel that dcu is too close so it makes sense to make it my 2nd instead of first.

M&S* wrote: »
    Guys, is it bad to be thinking of tossing a coin to decide whether or not to change my number one?

Go with your instinct thats the best decision :).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've now changed my first choice to UCC Business Information Systems , Dcu is my 2nd.. I've changed my cao 5 times already today. I left it until the last minute why do I feel like I'm procrastinating lol.
    I don't even know if I'll make the points for ucc but I can if I get the results I was aiming for.

I figured I feel that dcu is too close so it make sense to make it my 2nd instead of first.

BIS is a good course! My cousin is going into 2nd year in UCC, he loves it! Fantastic employment opportunities afterwards aswell!

• Advertisement

BIS is a good course! My cousin is going into 2nd year in UCC, he loves it! Fantastic employment opportunities afterwards aswell!

I know it looks great I love BIS which is why I've applied to so many I have 4 including the uk. I need one of them. The ucc one looks great. I wish I had remembered to apply to the hear though . Although I don't think I'll need it. I wanted to put ucc already and changed my mind as I wasn't sure I'd make the points. I just decided I might aswell put it down it could work out for the best :).

Go with your instinct thats the best decision :).

I've changed it. My heart is actually beating so fast, it shouldn't be like this :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Finished. I'm happy with it.

I figured I feel that dcu is too close so it makes sense to make it my 2nd instead of first.

thats my #10 now :) make sure you put down the BIS course in Cit if you've room. It's supposed to be actually better than the ucc one except there is fierce demand for the ucc one because of the college itself. I know it sounds far fetched but my friend has cit down first plus my brothers friend did it and he said it was because of the college really.

I just remembered last year I had 3/4e level 8s I only liked two of the courses and maybe 2/3 level 7. I only two of them the rest of the courses were just to fill the application . I've actually put a lot of thought into it this time. My year repeating was well worth it :D.
    I've changed it. My heart is actually beating so fast, it shouldn't be like this :(

Aw it's always best not to overthink it. Just follow your instincts what you really want then make that your first choice and look at all your choices and know you've made the right decision then log off. That's what I'm doing I already added a few random courses out of overthinking then I thought about if the course was right and what career I want after and it helped.
    I'm not going near mine again lol

TheComeUp wrote: »
    thats my #10 now :) make sure you put down the BIS course in Cit if you've room. It's supposed to be actually better than the ucc one except there is fierce demand for the ucc one because of the college itself. I know it sounds far fetched but my friend has cit down first plus my brothers friend did it and he said it was because of the college really.

I have CIT as my 4th after dcu and nci. I can't decide between the nci BIS and the CIT BIS. I could make it my 2nd choice then dcu my 3rd as it' computer enterprise but it's across the road from my house which I hate. Is there student accommodation on the CIT one? or do you know anyone who's moved there that likes it.

Mysteriouschic are you still hoping to get your UCAS place? :)

Mysteriouschic are you still hoping to get your UCAS place? :)

Yeah I think so I have both of the places it's just a matter of grades now. I want the firm choice more than my 2nd. If I don't get them then I really want to move out either way :). I think I'll definitely get the 2nd but I really want the first it all depends on my maths grade if I get the C3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Finished. I'm happy with it.

Same here - I'm happy enough with it but there's always that little worm of doubt in my head that I might have failed something, like Maths, which to be quite honest didn't go the best of all subjects. Mainly P1. :( That's why I'm s****ing myself over the results day. Can't get it out of my mind. Anyone else feel this way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

GaryIrv93 wrote: »
    Same here - I'm happy enough with it but there's always that little worm of doubt in my head that I might have failed something, like Maths, which to be quite honest didn't go the best of all subjects. Mainly P1. :( That's why I'm s****ing myself over the results day. Can't get it out of my mind. Anyone else feel this way?

Yeah, need a B3 in maths, it's only pass but I'm still kinda worried I'll get a C1 or something even though I should get the B. OL Irish as well, I'm so bad at it, failing is a possibility. The rest I'm happy with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement