Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

I feel so unsure atm.. Happy with the first three but after that really worries me. I need some reassurance pronto.

Level 8 Course Choices:
    1. TR012 History and Political Science
    2. DN621 Law with History
    3. DN622 Law with Politics
    4. MH115 Law (BCL) and Arts
    5. DN500 BA Degree - joint honours - full time - History / Politics and Intl Relations
    6. GY101 Arts
    7. TR003 History
    8. TR029 Political Science and Geography
    9. GY251 Civil Law
    10. DC132 Journalism

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Considering making CIT my 2nd choice above DCU. I've 30mins to decide. Would it be stupid of me to go to CIT over DCU?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Considering making CIT my 2nd choice above DCU. I've 30mins to decide. Would it be stupid of me to go to CIT over DCU?

Depends on your reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I have CIT as my 4th after dcu and nci. I can't decide between the nci BIS and the CIT BIS. I could make it my 2nd choice then dcu my 3rd as it' computer enterprise but it's across the road from my house which I hate. Is there student accommodation on the CIT one? or do you know anyone who's moved there that likes it.

Ah cool :) am well I'm not too sure about CIT accommodation but there is accommodation there around the place and plenty of it :) there seems to be loads of places for accommodation in cork. I actually haven't had first hand experiences of hearing from ppl who have stayed there but I'd say your best bet is to get accommodation in private student village nearby. For ucc i have been in the accommodation in the student village there and it is very nice indeed. One of the perks with ucc I hear is that the reserved accommodation for the students is up there with the best in the country. You would want to enquire and sort it out fast. I've my accommodation in mary i sorted since april, must just pay if i get the course!! I'm sure if you just google the accommodation you'll get pictures of places and stuff :) thats what I did for mary i. I just went onto the college website and they provided links to all the accommodation available and I went from there!!!

subz3r0 wrote: »
    Depends on your reasons.

I want to move out and the course seems different and it's BIS the other is Computer enterprise. I can't tell which is the better one the CIT has more accounting in it I think. Also presentations which I'd hate but thats probably what I need. I can't decide.

• Advertisement

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Ah cool :) am well I'm not too sure about CIT accommodation but there is accommodation there around the place and plenty of it :) there seems to be loads of places for accommodation in cork. I actually haven't had first hand experiences of hearing from ppl who have stayed there but I'd say your best bet is to get accommodation in private student village nearby. For ucc i have been in the accommodation in the student village there and it is very nice indeed. One of the perks with ucc I hear is that the reserved accommodation for the students is up there with the best in the country. You would want to enquire and sort it out fast. I've my accommodation in mary i sorted since april, must just pay if i get the course!! I'm sure if you just google the accommodation you'll get pictures of places and stuff :) thats what I did for mary i. I just went onto the college website and they provided links to all the accommodation available and I went from there!!!

I'd probably just get student accommodation then you'd be with other students until 2nd year.Is Cork a good city? I haven't been there.

I've made CIT my 3rd choice . Dcu is back to 2nd I've decided just to leave it like that . I swapped nci to 4th instead.

I'm done with my cao I decided to stick with my instinct originally. It's UCC , DCU ,CIT, NCI. And the rest are the same I'm happy with those :).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Hope you're all happy with your CAO choices :) now you can definitely kick back and enjoy the summer rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭NinjaDucks

Just had a minor break-down with the CAO; read my thing wrong at 5:13, so went flying over to the site, realised I forgot my password so had to search my e-mail which froze and oh my word, it was stressful and then I realised there was no need to worry, I was just silly and got it wrong. tell me I'm not the only one to do this? S:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

That's it lads, it's been a long time coming but we've finally made it to the deadline. Hope everyone's happy and for those going to UCC in September, see you there :)

• Advertisement

M&S* wrote: »
    That's it lads, it's been a long time coming but we've finally made it to the deadline. Hope everyone's happy and for those going to UCC in September, see you there :)

I actually really like my UCC course . I really want it I may go there if I don't get my first in England but I get that :).

Oh my ****ing god. I changed my #1 at 5.13 pm. Had a little chat with the parents and we agreed that the work load involved in a double degree in 4 years would be too much seeing I'd be doing everything for myself away from home. So I scrapped Education + Physchology completely. Like from #1 to out of there completely because theres no point having it if its not #1. Got Primary in Mary I #1 now and threw in Finance in UCC in the free slot. My god that was a chronic experience :O I'm very happy though...gotta admit that.
    I'd probably just get student accommodation then you'd be with other students until 2nd year.Is Cork a good city? I haven't been there.

I've made CIT my 3rd choice . Dcu is back to 2nd I've decided just to leave it like that . I swapped nci to 4th instead.

Cork is a great city as long as you're new to it. Like I'm sick of Cork but I'm sure you're somewhat sick of Dublin too. I've been in Dublin a fair bit, nearly every summer for at least a week and I've been out there on a few nights out and Dublin is better because the atmosphere is unreal like and theres so much space and things to fm but Cork isn't too far off. Like realistically Cork is the next best city to be in tbh. Cork is definitely cleaner and safer (haha) although there are the bad places there but you'd spot them a mile away. People in Cork are sound like as long as you're friendly with them. We hate nothing more than a snobby person who thinks they're but actually probably are better than us!! :D You should definitely come down to Cork for a weekend or something before September. Just get a group of ye and check it out. It's fairly class when you're pretty new to the place but ah Cork is grand like!! We'll take care of yeah like :P Well they will, hopefully I'll be living it up in stab city :/ ha

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

So any new 'Noothians to join the group? :D

Okay so I just checked there to see is everything alright and I present to you all my level 8's. Honestly screw Level 7's at this stage :)

1. Primary in Mary I
    2. Primary in Maynooth
    3. Primary in St. Pats Drumcondra
    4. Primary in Marino
    5. Physchology + Sociology in UL
    6. Physchology in UL
    7. Law Plus in UL
    8. Law + Accounting in UL
    9. Finance in UCC
    10. BIS in UCC

Oh my ****ing god. I changed my #1 at 5.13 pm. Had a little chat with the parents and we agreed that the work load involved in a double degree in 4 years would be too much seeing I'd be doing everything for myself away from home. So I scrapped Education + Physchology completely. Like from #1 to out of there completely because theres no point having it if its not #1. Got Primary in Mary I #1 now and threw in Finance in UCC in the free slot. My god that was a chronic experience :O I'm very happy though...gotta admit that.

Cork is a great city as long as you're new to it. Like I'm sick of Cork but I'm sure you're somewhat sick of Dublin too. I've been in Dublin a fair bit, nearly every summer for at least a week and I've been out there on a few nights out and Dublin is better because the atmosphere is unreal like and theres so much space and things to fm but Cork isn't too far off. Like realistically Cork is the next best city to be in tbh. Cork is definitely cleaner and safer (haha) although there are the bad places there but you'd spot them a mile away. People in Cork are sound like as long as you're friendly with them. We hate nothing more than a snobby person who thinks they're but actually probably are better than us!! :D You should definitely come down to Cork for a weekend or something before September. Just get a group of ye and check it out. It's fairly class when you're pretty new to the place but ah Cork is grand like!! We'll take care of yeah like :P Well they will, hopefully I'll be living it up in stab city :/ ha

Haha quite the opposite I love Dublin <3 I just don't want to live at home.
    It would be nice to go to a different city. I've been to loads. Dublin isn't too bad lol. London is worse I was in the shopping centre on Friday the day someone got stabbed as there was a fight. I didn't see it but still I was there that day lol. I just saw police . I like most cities I don't mind where I go as long as the city is easy to get around and it's a city and not the country. I know I haven't even visited UCC . I just hope I won't get lost lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Haha quite the opposite I love Dublin <3 I just don't want to live at home.
    It would be nice to go to a different city. I've been to loads. Dublin isn't too bad lol. London is worse I was in the shopping centre on Friday the day someone got stabbed as there was a fight. I didn't see it but still I was there that day lol. I just saw police . I like most cities I don't mind where I go as long as the city is easy to get around and it's a city and not the country. I know I haven't even visited UCC . I just hope I won't get lost lol.

You won't get lost in UCC it's easy to navigate around and you get used to it in no time :)

Really? Well Dublin is pretty damn class in fairness though :)... I actually would live there for good if I got the choice. I love the down to earth true 'dubs' because they're so modest, dunny and friendly like. You'll get some snaky c*nts in Cork like. But you seem naturally smart anyway so you'll be well able for the 'cute Cork hooor' haha. The parents wont be too happy though on me going to Dublin if it comes to it. Eventhough Limerick probably is more dangerous, they're worried about the distance and me being around all those people. I've a tendency to go wild in a big crowd and unfortunately they know that haha. You'd definitely want to check out UCC. I've been there loads of times and I'd still get lost easily. It's not that it's big it's just everything looks the same plus there are so many people there. It's pretty impossible to get lost in CIT though after the first day :) Yeah I never liked London either eventhough I haven't been there in a few years. I like Manchester though. Nice atmosphere even though some parts are pure filthy.

Really? Well Dublin is pretty damn class in fairness though :)... I actually would live there for good if I got the choice. I love the down to earth true 'dubs' because they're so modest, dunny and friendly like. You'll get some snaky c*nts in Cork like. But you seem naturally smart anyway so you'll be well able for the 'cute Cork hooor' haha. The parents wont be too happy though on me going to Dublin if it comes to it. Eventhough Limerick probably is more dangerous, they're worried about the distance and me being around all those people. I've a tendency to go wild in a big crowd and unfortunately they know that haha. You'd definitely want to check out UCC. I've been there loads of times and I'd still get lost easily. It's not that it's big it's just everything looks the same plus there are so many people there. It's pretty impossible to get lost in CIT though after the first day :) Yeah I never liked London either eventhough I haven't been there in a few years. I like Manchester though. Nice atmosphere even though some parts are pure filthy.

Haha my mum doesn't even know I've put down Cork yet she still thinks I have dcu as my first choice. I only put it down today though both of them.
    She'll be suprised. I haven't been Manchester it sounds good. I was in Newcastle to see one of the unis it's really nice it seemed sort of like a small city like Dublin in a weird way. Dublins only a few hours on the bus or train if I do move so it's not bad :). I love my independence too much to live at home I'll feel like a child tbh if I'm at home some people prefer staying at home . Plus I'll get much more confident . I like the city of London it's just so big I can't go on my own or go by train and don't go too far. I wouldn't go on my own. I was there 13yrs I still don't know it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

If I was a millionaire the first thing I'd do is build an island for all the people I don't like and I'd secretly pay the army to bring them there. I'm so sick of people from secondary school I don't like...existing in places I like going. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I love Dublin, but from what I've heard about other universities, you would enjoy your time anywhere just as much.

People still say that you do f all in uni, while I'd like that to be true, it just isn't, so I'm trying not to let myself buy into the hype!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I'd say Spain will win 4-0 tonight, I reckon Silva, Alba, Torres and Mata will all score(in that order too).

I also have a feeling Motta will get injured.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

While everyone was fretting over the CAO deadline I was just here learning French vocabulary for no apparent reason.

2-1 spain. Eventhough I love him (no homo???), Ballotelli is going to get sent off after scoring an early beauty I think. David Silva and Iniesta to do the business for spain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

So final cao decision made in the car going to work :o once in work I tormented myself by thinking I made the wrong decision :( upon further reflection, I'm happy with my choice :) I won't keep you in suspense any longer . . . Me and my hello kitty nightlight are going to UCD :D

anyways hope ye are happy with yours :) and thanks a lot guys for helping me make up my mind :)

I'm glad Spain won even though you knew from the start they would with them now won 3 trophies. Their players are brilliant.

I'm glad the cao's are all finished. Now the waiting game begins for us all :).

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

so yeah really wanna change my cao. i put marino down first and then languages in ucd, praying i don't get enough points now for my first choice...

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭imelle

¡Vamos España! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I just realized it's 45 days until the results come out. That's such a long time. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I'd say Spain will win 4-0 tonight, I reckon Silva, Alba, Torres and Mata will all score(in that order too).

I also have a feeling Motta will get injured.

who are you and where did you buy your crystal ball?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭GaryIrv93

Martin_94 wrote: »
    Yeah, need a B3 in maths, it's only pass but I'm still kinda worried I'll get a C1 or something even though I should get the B. OL Irish as well, I'm so bad at it, failing is a possibility. The rest I'm happy with.

Most of my choices (technology related) only need a D3 in OL Maths, which I'll be happy with. A lot of people have told me that the LC is actually marked a little easier compared to Mocks, November exams etc, which I hope to God is true. It's happened to me a good few times where an exam seems to have gone well, then the result is a total disappointment. I'm fairly worried about this happening with Geography and Biology, especially as they're both HL subjects. My parents know how worried I am about this and luckily have explained that it's not actually that much hassle or expensive to repeat.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement