Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

@Mysteriouschic I'm reading Dear John atm <3 It's actually really good :) Can't remember if you read it or not, but I remember we were talking about the movie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I just realised I applied for UCC but I didn't think about accommodation you need to pay a deposit which I have but maybe not for 3 weeks. I wish I decided this earlier. I really didn't think this through. I thought when you get your place then you pay the money for it. I only decided on ucc today as my first choice.

@Mysteriouschic I'm reading Dear John atm <3 It's actually really good :) Can't remember if you read it or not, but I remember we were talking about the movie :)

Yeah I did it's soo good. The letters are lovely to read :). I read the book twice .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I just realised I applied for UCC but I didn't think about accommodation you need to pay a deposit which I have but maybe not for 3 weeks. I wish I decided this earlier. I really didn't think this through. I thought when you get your place then you pay the money for it. I only decided on ucc today as my first choice.

Yeah I did it's soo good. The letters are lovely to read :). I read the book twice .

Dont panic!!! Just sort out a place in the next few days and couldn't you always get a loan from your parents to pay for it? Are you actually paying all your expenses? Parents are insisting on paying for my accommodation anyway because it's like 5 grand. I said no don't bother but they wont have it any other way. Surely they'll give you the few hundred euro that it is for the deposit? Don't panic anyway, look the college place will understand if you tell them the situation :)

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Dont panic!!! Just sort out a place in the next few days and couldn't you always get a loan from your parents to pay for it? Are you actually paying all your expenses? Parents are insisting on paying for my accommodation anyway because it's like 5 grand. I said no don't bother but they wont have it any other way. Surely they'll give you the few hundred euro that it is for the deposit? Don't panic anyway, look the college place will understand if you tell them the situation :)

I'm paying for it myself I've money saved but my account is a 30 day notice. I'm not sure my mum could lend me it. I might have a bit left over though I have to see. She doesnt know I put ucc down yet.

I'm actually fascinated that itouch/iPhone have 3 calenders. Gregorian which is the normal one. And then there's Japanese . Then the interesting one Buddhist which is in the year July 2555 BE. I didn't know there was other calenders. Its so interesting I didn't know there was a Buddhist Era. I Wikipedia'd i. So random finding that.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_calendar#section_3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭iMMer5ion

I think I cried reading the last few chapters.
    Is that sad? Crying from a book? lol :D

I'm actually fascinated that itouch/iPhone have 3 calenders. Gregorian which is the normal one. And then there's Japanese . Then the interesting one Buddhist which is in the year July 2555 BE. I didn't know there was other calenders. Its so interesting I didn't know there was a Buddhist Era. I Wikipedia'd i. So random finding that.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhist_calendar#section_3
    Merci, I've learned something new today :D
    oh and I haven't gotten far in Dear John but so far so good :D
    iMMer5ion wrote: »
    I think I cried reading the last few chapters.
    Is that sad? Crying from a book? lol :D

Haven't gotten that far yet :O
    Nah not sad at all, I've shed a tear from a few books :')

oh dear, anybody ever read/watch "War Horse" ? its so sad :(

I didn't cry reading Dear John . I know I couldn't put the book down I think I read it in 2/3 days. I want to read it again just for the letters :). They're so sweet and romantic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I'm paying for it myself I've money saved but my account is a 30 day notice. I'm not sure my mum could lend me it. I might have a bit left over though I have to see. She doesnt know I put ucc down yet.

Ah I see well fair play to you. Honestly I've a fair bit of money in the bank but chances are I'm gonna be broke after one year of college with books fees and food etc. Well actually no I wont be broke but you know ha. How much is your deposit do you know? Mine was like 300 euro *I think* which isn't a total load of money. Oh 30 day notice account? Fan-cay. Well not trying to be sound like a grown up but you really have to tell her you've changed your mind. The longer you'll delay the worse she'll probably take it. And just explain the situation. She's your mother, she is gonna be supportive especially when its something as invaluable as her childs education! God I'd hate to see you or anyone miss out on a course just because you couldn't get the money together in time for a deposit for a place :/ I know your friends probably have expenses and stuff too but like if it came to it surely they could chip in a little? I've given my friends money at times and they'd do the same for me if it came to it eventhough I'm not even talking to most of them atm. Anyway I'll stop blabbing on. The tiredness is starting to make me feel drunk...pleasant drunk though...

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Ah I see well fair play to you. Honestly I've a fair bit of money in the bank but chances are I'm gonna be broke after one year of college with books fees and food etc. Well actually no I wont be broke but you know ha. How much is your deposit do you know? Mine was like 300 euro *I think* which isn't a total load of money. Oh 30 day notice account? Fan-cay. Well not trying to be sound like a grown up but you really have to tell her you've changed your mind. The longer you'll delay the worse she'll probably take it. And just explain the situation. She's your mother, she is gonna be supportive especially when its something as invaluable as her childs education! God I'd hate to see you or anyone miss out on a course just because you couldn't get the money together in time for a deposit for a place :/ I know your friends probably have expenses and stuff too but like if it came to it surely they could chip in a little? I've given my friends money at times and they'd do the same for me if it came to it eventhough I'm not even talking to most of them atm. Anyway I'll stop blabbing on. The tiredness is starting to make me feel drunk...pleasant drunk though...

I think the deposit was €250 . I should have enough or most of it. I decided on this course late. I don't think she'd mind it is my choice after all and the uk is further :). Should be okay I'll sort it in a few days. I'm not sure if I'll even get ucc but you get the money back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I look completely shítfaced in a recently taken photo of me....I just, no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Eathrin wrote: »

I look like that in every single photo of me tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭KirkCheated09

Merci, I've learned something new today :D
    oh and I haven't gotten far in Dear John but so far so good :D

Haven't gotten that far yet :O
    Nah not sad at all, I've shed a tear from a few books :')

oh dear, anybody ever read/watch "War Horse" ? its so sad :(

I've read it and seen it :P I think it's great, film is quite different to book though! :/ but sure that's usually the case :P I thought the start was fairly sad but the rest wasn't too bad :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I saw it! :P It's a good picture alright! :pac:

I hate when that happens . Good thing there's the untagging feature :).

I saw it! :P It's a good picture alright! :pac:

I thought I removed it fairly promptly.
    It burned my eyes it did.:pac:

Refer to my signature in moments of doubt I always say.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Refer to my signature in moments of doubt I always say.

Absolutely! Did you have your 'fun' that night after? ;):p

Going to subscribe and change my username :D Finally !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

I'm thinking of doing the same. I really regret picking my name as my username.

What are you changing it to?

• Advertisement

Martin_94 wrote: »

Haven't a clue yet :( (Suggestions welcome :P) wbu? :)

Haven't a clue yet :( (Suggestions welcome :P) wbu? :)

I haven't decided yet. I was thinking I might change mine to Boo Radley.:cool:

But it's 5 euro to subscribe so I don't know if it's worth it, just to change the name.

Absolutely! Did you have your 'fun' that night after? ;):p
    Yes David, I had my fun;)
    Aww no, Meowth:(

Anybody who remembers my original name will know why I changed it, was more of a giveaway than yours is!

Aww no, Meowth:(

haha but my username is very bleh :P You like it ? :eek: :P
    Meowth is a contender for the new username :P

Anybody who remembers my original name will know why I changed it, was more of a giveaway than yours is!

Having the year you were born is pretty bad though, nobody takes you seriously in the other forums, and there all kind of like "phftt 1994 doesn't know what he's talking about, he's just a kid". :(

haha but my username is very bleh :P You like it ? :eek: :P
    Meowth is a contender for the new username :P
    Good aul blend of two random things:pac:
    Having the year you were born is pretty bad though, nobody takes you seriously in the other forums, and there all kind of like "phftt 1994 doesn't know what he's talking about, he's just a kid". :(

Ha yeah I know, I am a man, with manly men opinions.
    Just look at my moustache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

When I first joined boards my username was literally just my full name. :rolleyes: Not the smartest move on my behalf, but I think I changed it like a week into making the account.

I had this fear of people finding my boards and realizing that my life revolves around study, music, and cute animals. :p

I think your name is really nice as HistoryKitten :).

I haven't changed my username I just chose this as I didn't want a name that would associate with me. I don't know where the mysterious I think I did it as a personality thing.

Whether to capitalise your new username or not?
    These are the questions....

• Advertisement

Whether to capitalise your new username or not?
    These are the questions....

Eathrin's a good one, how did you come up with it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement