Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Was talking to my history teacher in work today :) had a big dmc. :) and she asked me to give her all my essays, she wants to use them next year :)
    anyways it got me thinking bout history and my name on boards etc. Even though I hated history it turned out great for me on the day and if I hadn't done it, I wouldn't be on boards :') so it was all meant to be methinks :)
    it makes me changing my username kinda sad :( Historykitten has served me well as a username :')
    anyways sorry for pointless rant, I can't believe I'm getting emotional about my username :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

I don't like my username. I was exam attending, in a rush, I had to comment on something I saw...

Favourite subject = Chemistry
    Last Name = Hickey

Chem + Hickey = STUPID.

It sounds like some randy, raunchy, dirty type of love-mark....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭Geo10

Hayfever makes me love when it rains! My eyes weren't itchy for the first time in the past few weeks today because it was lashing rain all day! The rain must wash the pollen out of the air because I'm always fine when it rains! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Was talking to my history teacher in work today :) had a big dmc. :) and she asked me to give her all my essays, she wants to use them next year :)
    anyways it got me thinking bout history and my name on boards etc. Even though I hated history it turned out great for me on the day and if I hadn't done it, I wouldn't be on boards :') so it was all meant to be methinks :)
    it makes me changing my username kinda sad :( Historykitten has served me well as a username :')
    anyways sorry for pointless rant, I can't believe I'm getting emotional about my username :P

I like the name Historykitten, but change it if you must. </3 :P

And I'd run a mile if I ran into my History teacher. :pac: Five years of History with one teacher was too much! :cool: :P

Togepi wrote: »
    I like the name Historykitten, but change it if you must. </3 :P

And I'd run a mile if I ran into my History teacher. :pac: Five years of History with one teacher was too much! :cool: :P

Ah I think its time for a change </3 I'll miss Historykitten :(
    Haha I'd no choice, she saw me while I was facing and was like "Look who it is" and she knows I work there already :pac: Ah but she's lovely anyways <3

• Advertisement

Ah I think its time for a change </3 I'll miss Historykitten :(
    Haha I'd no choice, she saw me while I was facing and was like "Look who it is" and she knows I work there already :pac: Ah but she's lovely anyways <3

Ah yeah I wouldn't mind most teachers if I had to talk to them, it'd just be awkward with this one. :P LOVE your new avatar! Do you get to keep it after your subscription ends? :D

Togepi wrote: »
    Ah yeah I wouldn't mind most teachers if I had to talk to them, it'd just be awkward with this one. :P LOVE your new avatar! Do you get to keep it after your subscription ends? :D

haha I see :P :)
    I love it too <3 Don't think so :( I've another cute avatar but I think that one is purrfect <3 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Eventhough I've lived in the countryside all my life and would probably be considered a 'culchy' eventhough I've a terrible city sounding accent, hay fever has been an issue for me only in the last few years. I've been cutting trees/hedges and thick grass and stuff and my nose and eyes are going mad. I've asthma and strangely when that started easing away the hay fever increased...but I'd rather hay fever. Have had some very bad asthma related experiences.

On another note, one thing from the summer I long for every year is the chance to eat so much cereal. I dunno about ye guys but I love cereal so much. All throughout the school year I've sacrificed proper breakfast time for 10 mins more in bed so I'm only getting used to having a full bowl of cereal again :) but today for example, mom bought a few boxes of frosties yday evening and I'm already gone through one box. And only half of the box was with milk :D can't wait for college to be in charge of my own food. I joked with my parents saying I'm gonna live off cereal but I probably actually will :D sorry for bringing up such a random topic though o_O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I can't wait for college. Like, I just want this summer to be over. LET ME GET TO COLLEGE

TheComeUp wrote: »
    can't wait for college to be in charge of my own food. I joked with my parents saying I'm gonna live off cereal but I probably actually will :D sorry for bringing up such a random topic though o_O

I'm going to live on chicken in college. I had about three weeks straight of chicken dinners before. Best. Three weeks. Ever. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I can't wait for college. Like, I just want this summer to be over. LET ME GET TO COLLEGE

I know, I've barely been off a week and a half and I'm dying of boredom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Me too! :D I can't wait for college! I really think Law is going to be class! :) I'm super pumped! And the fact I get to study Business/Economics & Accounting with my Law degree just makes it soo much better! Roll on Contract Law 2012! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Eventhough I've lived in the countryside all my life and would probably be considered a 'culchy' eventhough I've a terrible city sounding accent, hay fever has been an issue for me only in the last few years. I've been cutting trees/hedges and thick grass and stuff and my nose and eyes are going mad. I've asthma and strangely when that started easing away the hay fever increased...but I'd rather hay fever. Have had some very bad asthma related experiences.

On another note, one thing from the summer I long for every year is the chance to eat so much cereal. I dunno about ye guys but I love cereal so much. All throughout the school year I've sacrificed proper breakfast time for 10 mins more in bed so I'm only getting used to having a full bowl of cereal again :) but today for example, mom bought a few boxes of frosties yday evening and I'm already gone through one box. And only half of the box was with milk :D can't wait for college to be in charge of my own food. I joked with my parents saying I'm gonna live off cereal but I probably actually will :D sorry for bringing up such a random topic though o_O

I love cereal it's the simplest thing to make lol. I'm not that into cooking .
    I might just live off ready made meals it's such a effort to cook everyday a proper meal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Been trying to stave off the boredom as much as possible! Trying to write and do radio work and sport and music and busking and everything :D Hate being in the house doing nothing, too much time to think :pac: What are ye all doing to stave off summer boredom? :D

Been trying to stave off the boredom as much as possible! Trying to write and do radio work and sport and music and busking and everything :D Hate being in the house doing nothing, too much time to think :pac: What are ye all doing to stave off summer boredom? :D

Mario Kart.. ;)

work, movies, games, running, music, cooking new recipes etc... just keep ticking off stuff on my list :D Productive summer so far :)

This month is going to go super slow last month flew in but this one will drag.
    The waiting is so long and so much anticipation.

For the boredom I've just been on boards, watched tv, movies , tv series. I'm getting back into the Sims 3 :) until I get Pokemon. I'm going back to the gym soon .

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

TV, anime, movies, running, and an unbelievable amount of books.
    I also rediscovered DROD - does anyone else play? I love it! :D

I'm not really thinking about the results. My Debs are the 9th of August, i'm going to Galway from the 10th to the 14th, i'll arrive home around 9/10pm and the results are the next morning! Between things and trips and that in July, when it comes to August it's just around the corner!

@PF your sig, is that the hunger games ? <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Does anyone know a definite way for me to get up early tomorrow, say 8 am. I keep getting up at around 3pm and I'm wasting the holidays, but I can't get up. Alarms don't work. Help!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

CTYIgirl wrote: »

But apart from all the fun stuff, you have to, like, do lots of work in college :rolleyes:

I think I want the summer to go on a bit longer before going back to my studies :p I want to make a start on statistical mathematics during summer (I know, gaaaay) because it will be helpful for me when we're covering that for Economics when college starts.
    But I doubt I can do Maths in the summer :pac:

@PF your sig, is that the hunger games ? <3

Yessss <3. I remember reading the book and them lines just got stuck in my head. I love it, I honestly think the Hunger Games trilogy are some of the best books i've ever read! And the film, *orgassm.. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD! :D

If you're into writing you should consider blogging if you're not getting many opportunities to write for local papers. :)
    ChemHickey wrote: »
    I'm not sure, but this might help (possibly?) btw, I'm on my phone so sorry if the link doesn't work. http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2055289820?page=1#post_55883111
    Eathrin wrote: »
    I think you security setting had to be changed to Wep for ds wifi to work iirc.

I'll keep trying and see if I can get it to work! Thanks guys. :)
    Martin_94 wrote: »
    Does anyone know a definite way for me to get up early tomorrow, say 8 am. I keep getting up at around 3pm and I'm wasting the holidays, but I can't get up. Alarms don't work. Help!

Drink loads of water before you go to bed! :P

Yessss <3. I remember reading the book and them lines just got stuck in my head. I love it, I honestly think the Hunger Games trilogy are some of the best books i've ever read! And the film, *orgassm.. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD! :D
    Knew it <3 Oh I've someone to gush about hunger games with <3
    I didn't like the movie as much as I thought I would :( It was okay though :)
    I think the books are amazing, I've read a lot of books and The Hunger Games is by far one of the best series I've ever read <3
    Oh and that Josh Hutcherson is a babe ;) :P

I love it, I honestly think the Hunger Games trilogy are some of the best books i've ever read!

I actually cannot force myself to read anything that is not a renowned classic :(
    I subconsciously think anything modern does not have as much to offer as the likes of F. Scott Fitzgerald, James Joyce, Oscar Wilde, Nabokov, Tolstoy etc.
    I know that's not true but that's the way it is for me :confused:

subz3r0 wrote: »
    But apart from all the fun stuff, you have to, like, do lots of work in college :rolleyes:

:(

My course is only 12 hours per week! Apparently 1st year Law is actually really easy, my best friend got 89% in his 1st year Law (Constitutional) exam, that's really, very high for college. He said he just went to the lectures and did bits of extra reading! Hopefully it's not too much work! ;)

Knew it <3 Oh I've someone to gush about hunger games with <3
    I didn't like the movie as much as I thought I would :( It was okay though :)
    I think the books are amazing, I've read a lot of books and The Hunger Games is by far one of the best series I've ever read <3
    Oh and that Josh Hutcherson is a babe ;) :P

I've read them at least 4/5 times each. I got a new Kindle Touch the other day, first book I downloaded - The Hunger Games <3 gahhh, they're AMAZING books!

I LOVED the film, it was just... gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Jennifer Lawrence ftw! :P. But I must admit, despite my straightness, I agree that Josh Hutcherson is undoubtedly a babe.

Guys wanna be him, girls wanna be on him :P

I need to start the Hunger Games I've had my friends book for 2months. I told my friend I wasn't going to read it until after the lc. I didn't want to get into the book yet. Everyone says it's really good. I've still not seen the movie. I'll start it on Thursday :).

• Advertisement

But I must admit, despite my straightness, I agree that Josh Hutcherson is undoubtedly a babe.

Guys wanna be him, girls wanna be on him :P

Despite your straightness I am compelled to post this:

:pac: :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement