Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

I've read them at least 4/5 times each. I got a new Kindle Touch the other day, first book I downloaded - The Hunger Games <3 gahhh, they're AMAZING books!

I LOVED the film, it was just... gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Jennifer Lawrence ftw! :P. But I must admit, despite my straightness, I agree that Josh Hutcherson is undoubtedly a babe.

Guys wanna be him, girls wanna be on him :P

I've read them too many times to count, the first book is nearly split in two from being read so much :( no joke :(
    Ughh I dunno how you can get a Kindle, personally I couldn't live without the feel and smell of the books :P Hate reading off screens :P sorry that's just me :P
    I have to say the spoilers before it were sooooo good <3
    Jennifer Lawrence is really pretty and I think she's the perfect Katniss <3
    Hahahaha <3 True that ;) One day I will marry him <3

Oh and Cian if you're reading this, read the Hunger Games for god sakes!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

work, movies, games, running, music, cooking new recipes etc... just keep ticking off stuff on my list :D Productive summer so far :)

Been trying to improve my cooking aight. Might start trying to cook with rice soon enough, need to learn how to cook meats and shizz as well:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've read them too many times to count, the first book is nearly split in two from being read so much :( no joke :(
    Ughh I dunno how you can get a Kindle, personally I couldn't live without the feel and smell of the books :P Hate reading off screens :P sorry that's just me :P
    I have to say the spoilers before it were sooooo good <3
    Jennifer Lawrence is really pretty and I think she's the perfect Katniss <3
    Hahahaha <3 True that ;) One day I will marry him <3

Oh and Cian if you're reading this, read the Hunger Games for god sakes!!! :P

I <3 my Kindle, it's so.. pretty!

Jennifer was perfect for the role, she played it exceptionally well!

And yes Cian, you must read them! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Okay so I began my massive clearout about an hour ago and what do I come across, my JC stuff. Not only that but I found my Jc folder. One single folder! I have 10 massive Lc folders to destroy. Arrgh.

I <3 my Kindle, it's so.. pretty!

Jennifer was perfect for the role, she played it exceptionally well!

And yes Cian, you must read them! :P

My older sis is getting one actually, she tried to convince me to get one as in I can't bring my entire bookshelf to college with me :( I dunno though, I like my books :P
    She really did :) and so did Josh :) I thought the casting was great in it :)

Ugh PF you don't know how long I've tried to convince him to read them... what like nearly a year now :P

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »
    Okay so I began my massive clearout about an hour ago and what do I come across, my JC stuff. Not only that but I found my Jc folder. One single folder! I have 10 massive Lc folders to destroy. Arrgh.

Oh god, my Junior cert. stuff was thrown out the day I finished. Same with my L.C. stuff though, I hate having ugly schoolbooks crowd up my room, it drives me crazy! Once you start though you'll get them moved in no time!

My older sis is getting one actually, she tried to convince me to get one as in I can't bring my entire bookshelf to college with me :( I dunno though, I like my books :P
    She really did :) and so did Josh :) I thought the casting was great in it :)

Ugh PF you don't know how long I've tried to convince him to read them... what like nearly a year now :P

I was a small bit sceptical too before I read them, thought they were going to be like the Twilight series with all the hype and eventual shítiness, but The Hunger Games books actually have substance! They're just so real or something, sounds stupid as they're fiction novels but you get so attached to the characters you feel like it's real! :P

They're amazing, everyone should read them!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I still have most of my jc text books the second hand shop wouldn't take them . I even have the sphe book lol. I've not started the clearing out of books it'll take me too long :( . I kind of don't want to throw away any of my english notes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

They're amazing, everyone should read them!

The Hunger Games as a Single Text/Comparative for 2015 anyone? :P

I still have most of my jc text books the second hand shop wouldn't take them . I even have the sphe book lol. I've not started the clearing out of books it'll take me too long :( . I kind of don't want to throw away any of my english notes.

I was ruthless with my stuff, everything, and I mean everything was thrown out. Kept my Business & Economics notes and my Sisters old Accounting book because half of my degree is Commerce! Everything else is gone! I just have the 2 folders and the Accounting book!

I had no problem throwing out English stuff, even threw out that awful Dancing at Lughnasa play, God that was terrible..

• Advertisement

subz3r0 wrote: »
    The Hunger Games as a Single Text/Comparative for 2015 anyone? :P

Yess.. My Brother did his Junior Cert. this year and that was their Novel actually, their Teacher is obviously a Hunger Games addict <3

Yess.. My Brother did his Junior Cert. this year and that was their Novel actually, their Teacher is obviously a Hunger Games addict <3

Really ? <3 That's brilliant <3 They need to bring in books like them tbh . . . more people would read if they did!! :O

I would have much rather done all 7 Harry Potter books as a Single Text.
    Whatever happened to the Harry Potter generation? :(

P.S. Although it's great to see people reading again!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I'm just a Harry Potter addict. It's my crack.

I must be the only one who hasn't read the Harry Potter books. I plan to read them this summer I've been thinking it for a while. I find the first book really boring well chapter 1-4. I had the first and gave up twice on those chapters. I heard those chapters are boring and it gets better at Hogwarts.

How long do you reckon it'd take to read the 7 books?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

For me it only took...em...well. When I reread it's quick. Like, a week. But I read fast.

I was ruthless with my stuff, everything, and I mean everything was thrown out. Kept my Business & Economics notes and my Sisters old Accounting book because half of my degree is Commerce! Everything else is gone! I just have the 2 folders and the Accounting book!

I had no problem throwing out English stuff, even threw out that awful Dancing at Lughnasa play, God that was terrible..

I'll probably keep all my business and maybe economics it might be in my course depending on which one. I can't wait to get rid of maths . I have my cousins Hamlet book so thats one book ok. I have two poetry books that are same. I'm thinking of keeping one of them. I have so many revision books too plus a folder full of ioe notes for 4 subjects. The english will be useless for some of it . I'm not sure what to do with them I don't want to throw them away. I'm thinking family members doing their lc soon could use it then again thats in a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Lads, do any of ye know from younger siblings or whatever if Project Maths (dare I mention those two words? :pac:) is in place for the Junior Cert in 2013? If it's not, Junior Cert Maths grinds would be so handy during the year, I was a star at Maths back then. :P I'm trying to see if there's anything I could possibly give grinds in other than French. Ruling out Irish at this stage. I've always been good at explaining Maths though, and even did a Junior Cert Maths grind for a friend before, so it'd be nice to be able to help people with it, as long as it's not Leaving Cert higher level... :o

That's my attitude right now. Everything goes. Plastic pockets survive but that's about it. Books, notes, handouts, exams, everything.
    Brings a tear to my eye:(

Oh and I'm keeping nothing relevant to my course next year either, I'd never look at it.

Togepi wrote: »
    Lads, do any of ye know from younger siblings or whatever if Project Maths (dare I mention those two words? :pac:) is in place for the Junior Cert in 2013? If it's not, Junior Cert Maths grinds would be so handy during the year, I was a star at Maths back then. :P I'm trying to see if there's anything I could possibly give grinds in other than French. Ruling out Irish at this stage. I've always been good at explaining Maths though, and even did a Junior Cert Maths grind for a friend before, so it'd be nice to be able to help people with it, as long as it's not Leaving Cert higher level... :o

I'd say I could do Maths, Applied Maths, Irish and Physics at Leaving Cert level fairly well. I much prefer teaching to learning tbh!

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of giving grinds next year in maths, irish, history, german, biz and economics up to LC. I've made great notes and I think I'd be a good teacher. That along with my weekend job will help pay for my hdip down the road so I can become a teacher :L

I'd say I could do Maths, Applied Maths, Irish and Physics at Leaving Cert level fairly well. I much prefer teaching to learning tbh!

Same about the teaching/learning! I'd love to give Irish grinds, but compared to a teacher I know who gives them, I'd be terrible. (In my defence she's one of the best Irish teachers in the country (in my opinion!).) If I was confident with the tuiseal ginideach then I would, but I haven't really perfected it... Maybe I could do grinds for the oral seeing as it's 40% now, and the tuiseal ginideach is more important for the written stuff.
    I'm thinking of giving grinds next year in maths, irish, history, german, biz and economics up to LC. I've made great notes and I think I'd be a good teacher. That along with my weekend job will help pay for my hdip down the road so I can become a teacher :L

Jaysus that's loads, you'll be rich. :D (Party at Historykitten's place everyone! :P) I could give grinds in loads of things for the Junior Cert (CSPE <3), but I'm not sure if I'd be good enough to give grinds in any of my Leaving Cert subjects other than the languages, and no one really gets grinds in English, plus I'd hate to have to make English notes. :pac:

Jaysus that's loads, you'll be rich. :D (Party at Historykitten's place everyone! :P) I could give grinds in loads of things for the Junior Cert (CSPE <3), but I'm not sure if I'd be good enough to give grinds in any of my Leaving Cert subjects other than the languages, and no one gets grinds in English, plus I'd hate to have to make English notes. :pac:

If I'm ever rich, there will defo be a party at mine :P :D and ye would all be invited :P
    Ha it is a lot, but I like those subjects :) The only thing is I doubt I've done exceptionally well in them in the LC that anyone would want to take grinds from me :( I'll be teaching my lil sis maths though next year :D

If I'm ever rich, there will defo be a party at mine :P :D and ye would all be invited :P
    Ha it is a lot, but I like those subjects :) The only thing is I doubt I've done exceptionally well in them in the LC that anyone would want to take grinds from me :( I'll be teaching my lil sis maths though next year :D

You'll be fine, sure who'd say no to grinds from an A student?! ;):D Seriously though you've probably done class, and if you're going for teaching anyway then you'll get loads of students! :)

Really hope I can give grinds in Economics, Physics and maybe OL Maths. A1s in these, please!

It's only when you are in 6th year that you realise how much money there is to be made on the Leaving Cert. Everybodys at it.

You'll be fine, sure who'd say no to grinds from an A student?! ;):D Seriously though you've probably done class, and if you're going for teaching anyway then you'll get loads of students! :)

I'm not an A student :P lolz I wish I was :P meh, I got passion and hopefully that counts for something :O
    thanks dear, you really are too nice :P I plan to open my own grinds school someday, write proper revision books etc. . . along with being future taoiseach, I've got a lot on :L

I don't think I'd give but grinds as I'm usually better at explaining things written/typed. I could do business if I wanted after I've studied the course alone. I'm not really into teaching. It's a great opportunity if you want to be a teacher or even just like to teach :)
    I'd love to be good at languages it's probably easy to teach.

I'm not an A student :P lolz I wish I was :P meh, I got passion and hopefully that counts for something :O
    thanks dear, you really are too nice :P I plan to open my own grinds school someday, write proper revision books etc. . . along with being future taoiseach, I've got a lot on :L

Suuure! :P Same, I just love school. :pac: Seriously though I'm finding it hard to throw out some of my notes and books, I'll actually miss learning a small bit of what we did over the last three years! :eek: :P

You have to put Pokémon references in each book. :D :pac: Aw that's epic though, I'd say you'd be brilliant at it! :) Being Taoiseach would be a handy way of getting your name as an author/grinds teacher out there too. :P

Suuure! :P Same, I just love school. :pac: Seriously though I'm finding it hard to throw out some of my notes and books, I'll actually miss learning a small bit of what we did over the last three years! :eek: :P

You have to put Pokémon references in each book. :D :pac: Aw that's epic though, I'd say you'd be brilliant at it! :) Being Taoiseach would be a handy way of getting your name as an author/grinds teacher out there too. :P

I still have a lot of stuff because me/my sis needs it :L but I wish I kept more :'(

I will don't worry, I'll have like ways to learn stuff through poke-terms :P Here's hoping, I'm kinda glad that I probably wont get my first choice, I've always wanted to be a teacher :)
    haha that it would :L ha nah I'm going into politics to change stuff not to boost my name up :P I'm also creating a new political party probably called team rocket or something along those lines :P

• Advertisement

I still have a lot of stuff because me/my sis needs it :L but I wish I kept more :'(

I will don't worry, I'll have like ways to learn stuff through poke-terms :P Here's hoping, I'm kinda glad that I probably wont get my first choice, I've always wanted to be a teacher :)
    haha that it would :L ha nah I'm going into politics to change stuff not to boost my name up :P I'm also creating a new political party probably called team rocket or something along those lines :P

I wish I had younger siblings so I had an excuse to hold onto more stuff. </3 :P

What's your first choice? :eek: I thought it was Arts in UCD! I'd love to be a teacher but it scares me too much. :o :P Yay, we need change! :P Haha Team Rocket would be in power in no time, and you could be the Meowth of the whole operation! :D :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement