Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Eathrin wrote: »
    Hahah forgot about that site.. Posting obscene ones on your mates FB wall used to be the craze back in the day :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Lol I had my laptop volume on full blast when I went to the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I LOVE IT SO MUCH! :D:D:D Spent the last few mins making insulting ones for my friends :D

http://503033.likecasen.info/

http://503155.likecasen.info/?ref=popular
    Jaysus haven't been on Facebook in ages..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

anyone heard of "don't break the chain" ? Its gonna save my leaving cert :P

• Advertisement

No? Care to explain? :p

No? Care to explain? :p

You get a calendar and you start studying. If you study for say, 3 hours a day you put a big X over the date. After a couple of days you'll have a chain on Xs that you don't wanna break, so you keep studying!

Pity I don't own a calendar :rolleyes:

You get a calendar and you start studying. If you study for say, 3 hours a day you put a big X over the date. After a couple of days you'll have a chain on Xs that you don't wanna break, so you keep studying!

Pity I don't own a calendar :rolleyes:
    That would in no way motivate me :pac: It'd just make me even more depressed when I'd see all the empty dates with no X :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I don't know where else to post this so I might as well put it here :pac: I'm totally undecided about my college course, I wanted to do Science in NUIG, but Trinity's general science course includes a language, which NUIG's doesn't. I was looking at UCD's as well but I wouldn't really be as interested in that, mostly because of what I've heard about UCD being kinda impersonal and stuff. What would you guys say? The only thing stopping me putting down the Trinity course ahead of the NUIG one on my CAO is really the cost of living in Dublin, which might sound stupid :P But yeah, any advice? I'm in a real tiff here over this. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Charlieissocoollike? :P

• Advertisement

Togepi wrote: »

Charlieissocoollike? :P
    Hell yeah :) you a cool liker ? :P
    And yeah starting it today thinking of doing one for staying off boards :L

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

French oral was beeeeeee-auuuuuuuutiful :D

Hell yeah :) you a cool liker ? :P
    And yeah starting it today thinking of doing one for staying off boards :L

Of course! His last video made me feel seasick... :P Ah that's a good idea, yeah I'm gonna have to stay off this now that the orals are over. Might do one for Boards where I either only go on for fifteen minutes or less, or don't goon at all! I prefer the former. :D

Irish oral today.
    It. went. brilliantly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Irish and Spanish finished :D El examen oral español era tan agradable :D
    Estoy muy contento!!

Irish examiner was sound! A little too sound if you ask me... :cool: He told most of us we had great Irish and got very good grades in the oral. Reminds me of Pádraig from An Triail - plámáséir cheart! :P

I'm guessing I got a B1/B2, hopefully higher though, but if I was marking it myself I wouldn't have given me an A.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Shítting my Irish oral tomorrow. The fear those bloody pictures have put into me.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Shítting my Irish oral tomorrow. The fear those bloody pictures have put into me.

My examiner goes to me today "lucky dip" and she started laughing...but I made it clear that it was no laughing matter!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

My examiner goes to me today "lucky dip" and she started laughing...but I made it clear that it was no laughing matter!!
    Still working on the Sraith. They're a terrible idea. Honestly. I'd be happy if I got numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 18, 19, 20. That's a 65% chance i'll be happy with the ones I get. If I don't, i'll just have to wing it. If 12 or 17 comes up, I will probably die however. Honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭leavingcert.

Still working on the Sraith. They're a terrible idea. Honestly. I'd be happy if I got numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 15, 18, 19, 20. That's a 65% chance i'll be happy with the ones I get. If I don't, i'll just have to wing it. If 12 or 17 comes up, I will probably die however. Honestly.

IMO, 12 is definitely the worst!! its horrible ...thankfully im finished :D but good luck to you!

• Advertisement

Didn't learn any of the sraiths, still did grand. :D Apart from almost being unable to think of a third girl's name and nearly having a panic attack halfway through when I thought my storyline was completely wrong up until that point. :eek: :pac:

I've been doing French all day and the rest of the evening.. I'm glad I weren't on today. My voice is tired of speaking French. I only went to one of my classes I skipped the last two to study it. I can't wait to get this over with . I just really want to to go well to be off to a good start :). After geography fieldwork becomes my next priority after. I just hope my oral isn't on during that class hopefully i'll be done by then.

Flasback to my French oral :L "do you like the irish course?" "nope, its sad, we have to study a book and the girl has a baby and then everybody hates her".

...An Triail in a nutshell :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭_Bella_

Free of orals forever! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

_Bella_ wrote: »
    Free of orals forever! :D

Oh how I love innuendos! :pac:

Starting three don't break the chain chains tomorrow:

1. Study for at least 3 hours a day. (Yay!!)
    2. Use the internet for 30 minutes or less every day. (Unless it's school-related.)
    3. Do at least 15 minutes of exercise a day. (No, that 15 wasn't a typo, that much would actually be an acheivement for me...)

I don't know which will be the hardest. :o

Togepi wrote: »
    Starting three don't break the chain chains tomorrow:

1. Study for at least 3 hours a day. (Yay!!)
    2. Use the internet for 30 minutes or less every day. (Unless it's school-related.)
    3. Do at least 15 minutes of exercise a day. (No, that 15 wasn't a typo, that much would actually be an acheivement for me...)

I don't know which will be the hardest. :o

Mine are:
    at least 30 mins extra maths a day
    at least 30 mins of history a day
    and maybe maybe give up boards... haven't made up my mind yet :)
    Oh and a big X on my calender has been added today ... the chain begins :P
    will add more when i'm on study leave :L

arghhhhhhh lads im feeling so guilty here doing sweet F.A :pac:
    *goes to study business*
    (but little did he know he had a huge amount of history, geography and maths to learn and there was no escape from the leaving cert with any amount of study)

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

6 weeks and 2 days til' it all begins :)
    Can't wait! :D

• Advertisement

I'm trying not to let the pressure get to me. I've re-activated my facebook but I changed the password to something that I don't remember so I rarely use it. I'm going to deactivate it properly soon but the password change is good enough at the moment. Studying for the French oral has made me more motivated to study everything else more than I have already knowing that hard work really does pay off in the end.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement