Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Raeone wrote: »
    Nothing :)

Guys, I'm actualy scared I'm going to get such a bad leaving cert!
    Five weeks just isn't enough time!
    Speaking of which, I still need to PM you those English essays! I havent forgotten I just have so much studying to do, but I'll try my best to get them typed this weekend :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

If I smoked, I'd be surviving on chain smoking and KX. I'm surviving on KX. I. Hate. The. Leaving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Jaysus this thread already has nearly 25,000 views! :eek:

Scary to think how many the old thread had. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Togepi wrote: »
    Jaysus this thread already has nearly 25,000 views! :eek:

Scary to think how many the old thread had. :P

The mocks thread was hilarious imo:pac: Huge amount of views

Eathrin wrote: »
    The mocks thread was hilarious imo:pac: Huge amount of views

I know, it was so cringey though! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

How long have we been on this thread? was it only 2/3 weeks ago since it started (or continued)?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I have 10 days left of school
    This is horrifying. Especially considering we're doing **** ALL in class and there is so much left to be done. :(
    I'm getting so burnt out at this stage though. I keep doing these study sessions and I feel I'm getting nothing done. I don't even know what I'm meant to be looking at anymore!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

Raeone wrote: »
    Nothing :)

Guys, I'm actualy scared I'm going to get such a bad leaving cert!
    Five weeks just isn't enough time!

so am i:( and the worst part is you've realisd theres not enough time and its ou procrastinate study aswell:/

How long have we been on this thread? was it only 2/3 weeks ago since it started (or continued)?

Yup three weeks. :) Which makes it scarier that we've gotten so many views!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

What have people got left to study actually out of interest? I need to make a list or something. Wheres all that motivation and organisation I had gone to?!

• Advertisement

Togepi wrote: »
    Yup three weeks. :) Which makes it scarier that we've gotten so many views!

Haha and already near 100 pages :).

Chuchoter wrote: »
    What have people got left to study actually out of interest? I need to make a list or something. Wheres all that motivation and organisation I had gone to?!

I have quite a bit the rest of the economics course, I need to go over the geography essays and go over the human part I haven't looked at those sections for ages plus the teacher I have now is useless still hasn't done much of it. Learn off things for business . I'm still using my books or notes for all my answers I need to try and learn them off. I need to do some more essays for english and maths go over papers then nearer the end I'll do some french.

I don't have enough time to do all this while being in school so I'm going to start taking a few days off each week or everyday and only go in for english and maths or just english and maybe some business classes.

I made a massive long list of everything I need to study the other day. It has two things crossed off it so far. :o At least it should motivate me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I've to go back over most of business, most of economics, the NI and S&P sections of History, cells in biology and a little bit in Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

EVERYTHING.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Eh, everything. Not actually joking at all :(

Did the 2010 Rich Essay this evening for practise, gave myself the 50 minutes and still only managed to write about 3 poems. :/ It's not as if i'm a slow writer because I genuinely aren't. I just can't managed to get more than 3 poems done with the amount of information I give. It was nearly 5 pages of average writing. I said it to my Teacher and she said once there's enough information in the answer it should be fine. I got 84% in my last Plath essay with only 3 poems so we'll wait and see! :/

@PictureFrame I usually just write on three poems, maybe four. You don't need any more if you discuss them well enough. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Did the 2010 Rich Essay this evening for practise, gave myself the 50 minutes and still only managed to write about 3 poems. :/ It's not as if i'm a slow writer because I genuinely aren't. I just can't managed to get more than 3 poems done with the amount of information I give. It was nearly 5 pages of average writing. I said it to my Teacher and she said once there's enough information in the answer it should be fine. I got 84% in my last Plath essay with only 3 poems so we'll wait and see! :/

We had a timing test for poetry the other day.I did an answer on Larkin which I forgot to prepare but ending up writing 3 pages on 3 poems.I got 40/50 and the only reason I got that was the length :/

I suppose I shouldn't be too bad in most subjects at the moment. Atrocious in applied maths I have to admit, and I'll never find the time to improve on it.

I really need to start practising timing it usually takes me an hour to do an answer on a poet when I'm coming up with the answer for the first time. And with Hamlet those essays take me 1hour 30mins - 2hours sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

ok so in my leaving i get get 410 we'll say and engineering is 405 happy out got my course but i didnt get my C3 in honours maths? what happens do i still get offered the course and just sit that special engineering maths exam?

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Throw us that Plath essay man. :)
    I'm really struggling to write a poetry essay in general,I'm decent at comparative and hamlet but when it comes to poetry I just go blank

SlyBacon93 wrote: »
    I'm really struggling to write a poetry essay in general,I'm decent at comparative and hamlet but when it comes to poetry I just go blank
    Eh, no. Do you realise how long it'd be to type up? Just follow your notes and do your own

Eh, no. Do you realise how long it'd be to type up? Just follow your notes and do your own
    You do realise I was messing? Hence the smiley face.

Could of been a "hey we're good friends, any chance of you typing up that essay for me?" type smiley face.:P

I think the:rolleyes: face is the accepted sarcasm smiley round these parts.

Isit me or do the weeks seem to go by faster each week :rolleyes:.
    It feels like it was only Monday yesterday.

Eathrin wrote: »

Could of been a "hey we're good friends, any chance of you typing up that essay for me?" type smiley face.:P

I think the:rolleyes: face is the accepted sarcasm smiley round these parts.
    I must be getting mixed up with Facebook then. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I really need to shower and I have a good bit of homework to do and I'm not very hungry because I ate when I came home, and my dad asked did me and my sister want to go get food (i.e. pizza as always), I just had pizza on Saturday and as much as I'd like to have gone, it wasnt worth it with me being full / scruffy / needing to study.

So despite his constant ranting and raving about how my diet is awful, he got pissed off at me for not going. Its only a month to the leaving cert but sure lets spend 2 hours making ourselves fat, sounds great.

:mad: </rant>

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭AnnaKin

I dont know about you guys, but I'm still pretty relaxed... I know I should be worrying, but I just dont have the energy and when i do study I get bored :rolleyes:

On the plus side, I was off today and made a 26 day study plan, (leaving sundays out) to start Monday :o wish me luck like :pac: And then I was bored so I went through each of my subject's papers and wrote down how many marks I wanna get for each question... which led to me calculating grades then points (which came out at 485) I think I would be ecstatic if I managed that... and then pissed that I didnt get 500 :pac: Go up 60 points from mock? Challenge accepted :cool:

Grad night in two weeks woo! :D

• Advertisement

Study Challenge for Today:
    • Learn a Theme or Issue sample answer
    • Revise Elasticity, Demand & Supply & National Income
    • Revise European Union for Business

Should keep me busy for a while anyway!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement