Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

Study Challenge for Today:
    • Learn a Theme or Issue sample answer
    • Revise Elasticity, Demand & Supply & National Income
    • Revise European Union for Business

Should keep me busy for a while anyway!
    Economics should take you a while, national income is one of the biggest chapters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Considering getting up at 4.30 tomorrow morning for a three hour study sesh. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Spent time making a GV&V and Theme or Issue layout on the laptop with a table full of comparison and contrast words on to one page :).

I got no work done in school all I had was maths in the morning then english last class at 13.30. I would've studied but it's much harder with people around. I don't get distracted I just have all my folder and things at home. All I did today was talk to friends or go to the café. I seem to be wasting more time being in school. I'm thinking I might just go in for the last two classes tomorrow and spend the morning at home studying as most classes are free apart from maths but thats first class then there is economics but the teacher is so boring that I can't focus. Then he always asks me to answer questions sometimes I can't always think of a answer on the spur of the moment even when I know the answer :S.

On a brighter note interailing isn't happening but might be going Costa Del Sol instead this has to happen :).

kitty9 wrote: »
    are u in the institute? are u in P. McCormack poetry?

Nope I'm in a repeating college place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Getting horrifically scared at how small boards is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

People were on about geography predictions today in class and someone mentioned something from the "predictors" on boards.ie.... People seem to think we know our stuff :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Hahaha I dunno how I never noticed but if you look on the back of Edco exam papers at all the revise wise books...the OL maths one says "Brian Brophy" and "Tony Daly".

First one is my current maths teacher and he is gas :P Then Tony Daly, who retired two years ago :(...a god among men at teaching :eek: He was like a function...put a student in and he'll spit you out with an A :L

But of course they didnt write a higher level book :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I don't know why but I've always maintained that it'll all be grand by the time it comes to my leaving cert. How I expect to saunter through the year doing sweet f all and live up to my ridiculously high expectations of myself is beyond me. The grades I'm getting recently are average at best, if I had to make up 25% or so to get an A1 that's going to be really difficult tbh.

So get going Cian, still a month left! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Was going great at homework, got to music melodies and I'm here since :( English comparative and Maths await!!

• Advertisement

Operation-Get-Up-At-Half-Four-And-Study-For-Three-Hours is underway. Stage one - go to bed - is complete.

Let's do this sh!t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

That's life, that's what all the people say. You're riding high in April, shot down in May. But I know I'm gonna change that tune, when I'm back on top, back on top in June...

Sinatra better not have been feckin' around with those lyrics.

I came up to shower two hours ago. I've browsed boards and listened to country music for two hours. I'm ****ed

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Getting horrifically scared at how small boards is...

I'm actually considering telling one of my friends my Boards username and getting her to sign up. I'll probably regret it if I do though. :P

One of my teachers even had notes done out before with 'boards.ie' written at the top, didn't realise they took notes off here! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

just came back from Crossfit. i love my guns *POW POW POW* :pac::pac:

The comparative essays take me like at least 2 hours to write and I end up writing about 6/7 pages. Is this too long? I keep thinking I might be writing too much but thats comparing three texts. Does it take anyone else long to write?

Togepi wrote: »
    I'm actually considering telling one of my friends my Boards username and getting her to sign up. I'll probably regret it if I do though. :P

One of my teachers even had notes done out before with 'boards.ie' written at the top, didn't realise they took notes off here! :eek:

I know some of my friends are on here, but seeing posts and being like...crap. It's scary!

Turns out I know fizzyorange in real life, was a tad weirded out when she PM'd me with my last name but yeah, boards really is small. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Turns out I know fizzyorange in real life, was a tad weirded out when she PM'd me with my last name but yeah, boards really is small. :P

Hmm I'm not sure I quite get you. Do you mean, like...people outside of the internet?:eek:
    :pac:

Dear god no :eek: Internet friends from other forums, DUH :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 878 ✭✭✭c28omzk7ihsxv0

I got 400 in the mocks. Anyone think I could get 500 or near if I started studying seriously now. (Been dossing practically the whole year, I know I'm a twat)

Also, did anyone else think that LCVP test was dreadful? I'm pretty sure I got my Distinction but none the less it was a bad test, we hadn't covered half the material in it?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Well you are a Class A creep yourself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I actually don't know anyone from my School or whatever on boards! I'm friends on FB with Eathrin and Patchy~ and Coeur, but I actually haven't met anyone that I go to school with on boards!

leaveiton wrote: »
    Well you are a Class A creep yourself :pac:
    Shup you ms paranoid mc private facebook :P

(Its actually Ally! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

I actually don't know anyone from my School or whatever on boards! I'm friends on FB with Eathrin and Patchy~ and Coeur, but I actually haven't met anyone that I go to school with on boards!

Me either. My school is quite small, not a city school or anything, so I'm hoping the odds of meeting someone from school here are quite low. :L

Shup you ms paranoid mc private facebook :P

(Its actually Ally! :D)

With creeps like you around, I've a perfectly good reason to keep it private! :P

Does she know who I am? :pac:

I don't know anyone in real life on boards either and I'm pretty sure that none of them are on boards.
    @Patchy just must know everyone lol I know people who know him .

leaveiton wrote: »
    With creeps like you around, I've a perfectly good reason to keep it private! :P

Does she know who I am? :pac:
    Hey, I'm just resourceful is all! :P

Yeah, I told her as we discussed how scarily small boards is. :P

On the topic of school people finding us, a guy in my year recognised my name and will probably read this :pac: He posts sometimes but I dunno his name, he laughs at me for all my posts, the shame :(

I live in middle of nowhere, and I've discovered two Boardsies I know in real life before. It's weird. :P

• Advertisement

Hey, I'm just resourceful is all! :P

Yeah, I told her as we discussed how scarily small boards is. :P

On the topic of school people finding us, a guy in my year recognised my name and will probably read this :pac: He posts sometimes but I dunno his name, he laughs at me for all my posts, the shame :(

Yeah, "resourceful" :P

I'm fairly sure that at least someone I know has figured out who I am. If you're in my school and you're reading this, reveal yourself to me! :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement