Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I'd like to get up early and study tomorrow but this week has me exhausted. I aimed to do all 30 algebra questions from 2011-1996 but 2011 was so confusing that I gave up :(

(By doing I mean copying and trying to understand :L)

I hate how 2011 is the first paper you always open for a topic, and it's always ridiculously hard. :rolleyes: I usually start at 2010 and come back to it. :P

Such an awful paper though, a few of my friends did it last year and I felt so bad for them afterwards, they were so worried they'd fail overall.

The looks I got fron the higher level ones when I was one of the first to walk out after finishing the ordinary paper were gas though. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Hey :o
    Yes after what like 5/6 days off boards I'm back on :rolleyes: addiction... how embarrassing :o
    and ye are totally allowed to take the absolute piss out of me being such a drama queen " I'm leaving boards for such a long time" spiel :P :)
    But yeah my few days off boards have been quite successful, my don't break the chain is up and running again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Yes after what like 5/6 days off boards I'm back on :rolleyes: addiction... how embarrassing :o
    and ye are totally allowed to take the absolute piss out of me being such a drama queen " I'm leaving boards for such a long time" spiel :P :)
    But yeah my few days off boards have been quite successful, my don't break the chain is up and running again :)
    Welcome back, and good to hear that you're getting work done!

I find myself spending all my study time doing French and Irish comprehensions, they're the only things that don't make me hate life. I'm actually so ****ed at this stage it's unreal

Yay you're back!! :D I was wondering if you'd come crawling back to us. :P I did three days of my three hours' study a day chain and then it was Friday so I couldn't, haven't restarted it since. :o Going to get back into it tomorrow. :)

And get well soon Siobhán, I've been sick for the past two weeks, it's not good. :cool:

Welcome back, and good to hear that you're getting work done!

I find myself spending all my study time doing French and Irish comprehensions, they're the only things that don't make me hate life. I'm actually so ****ed at this stage it's unreal

Thanks Coeur :) I appreciate it :)
    I'm just doing maths... my other subjects are getting neglected somewhat :(
    and you are not the only one ... but sure be grand :)

oh and lads I missed ye, meant to say that too :P :)

oh and @togepi :) yeah do, they actually work somewhat I have 4 X's at the mo :) doing exercise (4km run / walk today :P ) and doing more maths :) and thats pretty much my chains :O :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭SlyBacon93

I thought commenting on leaving cert threads would be fun and friendly. All I've gotton is rude and unnecessarily unpleasant comments :(?????
    Maybe boards isn't for me hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

SlyBacon93 wrote: »
    I thought commenting on leaving cert threads would be fun and friendly. All I've gotton is rude and unnecessarily unpleasant comments :(?????
    Maybe boards isn't for me hmm
    You have to remember that what might come across as a light-hearted comment IRL complete with body language may not translate as easily to the net without a small bit of thought as to how to get the tone across. :)

That said, from a quick glance back, some (normally relaxed) people a tad hormonal at the moment!

I suppose we'll see more of that over the next few weeks as people get more stressed, but everyone try to take deep breaths and not take it out on one another ... there's been a really nice atmosphere around this forum this year, and it would be a pity to see that falter at the last fence.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Beware

This Leaving Cert is really getting to me. Normally I'm the person that avoid study like the plague, but now if anybody suggests going somewhere, I'm like, "No, no, I must study!" It's my little sister's communion today, but yesterday I was seriously considering missing it to stay at home and study. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Haven't been on this in a while, I was just doing so.. much.. work.

Nah I spent the entire day yesterday playing fifa/cod at my friends :o But yeah next week I'll definitely get my act together and stay focused on my studies!

Funny how I seem to say this to myself every week.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jameseyf

Just do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

The leaving cert is now a novelty for me to get out of going to family occasions :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I added a few more things to my cao now have 4 on the level 8s and 2 level 7s.
    I just realised something all my courses have maths modules in them for the first or second year the only course which hasn't got them is the one I applied to in England, I really hope I get this one, I would really like to avoid doing maths :).

Today's challenge is to do six hours of study. Oh god.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭e1994

justBlake wrote: »
    Yano dat letter we got from cao today... What do we write on the part under where it says " if this is not you cao number please..." my number is rite so what do i do?

is everyone meant to get that letter from cao??? i know some of my friends did but i didnt?! :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I'm having quite the productive Study day today!
    • I've done a Backing Chords Exercise for Music,
    • 2006 Economics Short Questions (97/100 ftw! :p)
    • Revised/skimmed through the whole Business Course and i'm now going to do the entire 2007 paper and give it up to my Teacher Tuesday to correct! It's one of the only papers that has out ABQ Units so i'm going to give that a go!
    • Gonna try and revise Heaney and do an Essay,
    • revise LG and do an essay
    • Finish learning the SW USA today (5 essays :() .

Not too bad for a Saturday! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cillian95

I'm having quite the productive Study day today!
    • I've done a Backing Chords Exercise for Music,
    • 2006 Economics Short Questions (97/100 ftw! :p)
    • Revised/skimmed through the whole Business Course and i'm now going to do the entire 2007 paper and give it up to my Teacher Tuesday to correct! It's one of the only papers that has out ABQ Units so i'm going to give that a go!
    • Gonna try and revise Heaney and do an Essay,
    • revise LG and do an essay
    • Finish learning the SW USA today (5 essays :() .

Not too bad for a Saturday! :cool:

Nicely done, revising the ENTIRE business course in one day (especially in like an hour or two unless you got up at like 5) is pretty impressive :L I did it the night before the Mocks too...

I've done four hours:
    -Did a History document (Congo)
    -Did a couple of business questions
    -Revised General Vision and Viewpoint (Going to do a question soon)
    -Did an accounting question (Ratio)

Going to go back now and do a couple more hours.. Wish me luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

ive covered ecology and the immune system and sexual reproduction and hormonal system in biology.

now to do HL maths and economics. ive done 4 hours so far so quite pleased. still have to do english paper 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭BL1993

Applied for maths in trinners. Feels better than just sitting at home doing nothing next year. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I can't seem to focus today. I did a few business questions and some economics. I decided to give it a miss for the rest of the day and wait until tomorrow when I'll be more focused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

I want to go to there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Come on Liverpool :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I kinda hate both teams here. but I'm up for Chelsea today.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭AlmightyDublin

Eathrin wrote: »
    I kinda hate both teams here. but I'm up for Chelsea today.
    Chelsea have the champions league final to enjoy, Liverpools had an awful season, hope that they can scrape a win :)

Cleaning my room, getting rid of useless notes and books I never use :) feels good :) my rooms lookin tidy for once too :)
    feels weird not being in work :o too much free time :) I should prob study but I think I'll just take today off for me time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I hate the CAO. All these choices are crap and there aren't enough courses in places I want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

FÚCK YEAH FOR PRODUCTIVITY.

Spent the last 3 hours doing the 2007 Business Paper: Shorts (all 10 :P), ABQ and Questions 2, 3, 5, 6. 19 pages in all. My Teacher's gonna be sooo happy to see all of that to correct after a bank holoiday :pac:

I've been studying since like 11.30, nearly 8 hours :eek:.. No more studying shall be done tonight, sweet brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I know! I got so much work done today. So many notes!

Out of interest, does anyone know what I'd do with sociology. It sounds fantastically interesting but I don't know what I'd do with it :S

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

FÚCK YEAH FOR PRODUCTIVITY.

Spent the last 3 hours doing the 2007 Business Paper: Shorts (all 10 :P), ABQ and Questions 2, 3, 5, 6. 19 pages in all. My Teacher's gonna be sooo happy to see all of that to correct after a bank holoiday :pac:

I've been studying since like 11.30, nearly 8 hours :eek:.. No more studying shall be done tonight, sweet brain.

I genuinely cannot comprehend how you can stay focussed for 8 hours on a SATURDAY! I applaud you for it, but at the same time just don't how you do it :confused:
    In the meantime, I have progressed to season 3 on manager mode in fifa :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

The talk of study is making me depressed. I did a French comprehension and some biology short questions today.

Now I'm getting ready to go out in Galway and get intoxicated beyond measure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

Oh my god. I have yet to start studying.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?!?!?!

Still have no motivation.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement