Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

I have no idea what job I want to do but I keep deciding against doing different degrees because I wouldn't like the job you get out of them. Which is kind of silly 'cause you never know what you'll end up working as. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Togepi wrote: »
    I have no idea what job I want to do but I keep deciding against doing different degrees because I wouldn't like the job you get out of them. Which is kind of silly 'cause you never know what you'll end up working as. :cool:

What degrees are you interested in?
    I kind of know more about what I want to do more than last year and applied to some courses I wouldn't have liked. I know more this with repeating having that extra year to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Togepi wrote: »
    Are people picking the job first, then a degree that will get them the job, or is everyone just doing a degree they'd enjoy and deciding on the job after? Which is better? :confused:
    I'm nearly sure I wanna teach Business & Economics after college. But, I want to try Law and see how I like it, seeing as my Aunts are all Solicitors and i've been listening to them talk about the Legal System/Court etc. for as long as I can remember. I'm gonna try a BCL with Business & Economics. See how I get on, if Law isn't for me after a year, i'm still gonna qualify with a B.Comm (Business & Economics) which allows me to teach in a School! It's kinda worked out nicely for me. D: Hopefully.

What degrees are you interested in?
    I kind of know more about what I want to do more than last year and applied to some courses I wouldn't have liked. I know more this with repeating having that extra year to have a look.

Arts/languages/sociology/psychology degrees mainly, and then a couple of others that are completely different. :cool:

And I'm interested in teaching and design too.

@PictureFrame that's so lucky!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I actually love the Fuels and Heats of Reaction question in chemistry :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

guys omg, i cant handle these videos, i have tears streaming down my face.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Patchy~ wrote: »
    guys omg, i cant handle these videos, i have tears streaming down my face.

I remember for a week straight in fifth these videos were all that was talked about :pac: This and Flick your Bean were shouted out as suggestions for songs at grad ceremony the other day in school at a meeting! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

David1994 wrote: »
    I actually love the Fuels and Heats of Reaction question in chemistry :/

Same, it's always such a lovely question! The calculations are so handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

leaveiton wrote: »

While we're talking F&HoR does anyone know if they can ask the diagram of the Bomb Calorimeter?

leaveiton wrote: »

Ye and the theory is just soo nice!!

• Advertisement

While we're talking F&HoR does anyone know if they can ask the diagram of the Bomb Calorimeter?

Possibly but its hasnt been asked yet I dont think... However the diagram for fractional distillation column has been asked before!

Oh my God this girl I follow on Twitter (I hardly know her but it'd be rude to unfollow her) is so annoying, not even exaggerating when I say she has never once made a tweet that is not depressing.

Right now shes doing one of those #20thingsaboutme, which I hate as it is, but theyre all "im so insecure" when this morning, she was talking about becoming a model.

oh my god.
    I actually cant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Oh my God this girl I follow on Twitter (I hardly know her but it'd be rude to unfollow her) is so annoying, not even exaggerating when I say she has never once made a tweet that is not depressing.

Right now shes doing one of those #20thingsaboutme, which I hate as it is, but theyre all "im so insecure" when this morning, she was talking about becoming a model.

oh my god.
    I actually cant.

Patch Unfollow... you know you want to :P Be unmannerly for a change :P

I...cant! Too...friendly... :P

Block her. :pac:

Hahaha I always do that to make it look like they unfollowed me first :cool: But if I ever hung out with her again, awwwwwwwwkward :o

Lol, you should able to hide tweets from people without blocking them. Million dollar idea right there. :D

Ahhh I know! The one good feature of FB :cool:

Also, you know sh1t's goin' down when the maths question says "Hint" :L :L

It always scares me when it says hint. :(

I prefer when it says prove this is equal to that - it's like having the answer at the back. :D

It is :D

But I hate when you get it wrong and cant follow the marking scheme...the true meaning of failure :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Another well thought post from our favourite rear loving feline friend.
    kitty9 wrote: »
    poor Carla Bruni :( id smash her back doors in
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Oh god I shouldn't have gone out.

Siobhnk wrote: »
    Oh god I shouldn't have gone out.

Rough night eh?.. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

It is :D

But I hate when you get it wrong and cant follow the marking scheme...the true meaning of failure :o

Not being able to answer a question while staring at the Marking Scheme has become an unwelcome but reqular occurence lately :eek: :D

Oh, thats what I meant - dont think for a second I could do it any other way :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Vantai

holy Fuc|< this is the biggest load of procastinating ever.LULz
    1.what courses is everyone going for?
    2.how much does everyone study for a day?
    3.any good studying tips?

I got 385 in the mocks, but hope to get that up to 400.However i doesent even matter much unless i get good points in my portfolio.I already have a PLC for animation as my backup in CD but really want to get into model making design and digital effects or animation in IADT

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Vantai wrote: »

I got 385 in the mocks, but hope to get that up to 400.However i doesent even matter much unless i get good points in my portfolio.I already have a PLC for animation as my backup in CD but really want to get into model making design and digital effects or animation in IADT

1. Civil Law & Economics
    2. 4.5/5 hours usually
    3. Nope, you just have to do it :pac:

My studying tips would be quality over quantity - come up with little tricks to remember things. Historykitten taught me these so I cant take credit, but I had sooo much trouble remembering tax forms in business til she taught me them in 5 seconds :pac:

P60 = End of year tax form, i.e. 60 is a full rotation.
    P45 = You've had two employers, you never completed the full term with one
    P21 = Tax returns form - like presents on a 21st birthday
    P12A = You get it when you join the job, you're a young little 12 year old :P

They might not even be totally correct, I'm hopeless at remembering nitty gritty details like that, but you can definitely study better instead of longer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Vantai wrote: »

1. Music Technology in Maynooth.
    2. About 3-4 on weekdays, six on weekends. Gonna be bumping both up by a good bit in the next few weeks.
    3. Eh just make good use of your time and try not to get distracted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Lads if anyone has a minute can ye tell me what is the 2011 part c. i) part to the honours maths paper? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement