Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Which question? :P

(Not that there's any chance of me being able to answer it.) :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Yes that would have been useful question 3! I have no idea what to even do :(
    My maths pre tomorrow should be a laugh anyways :rolleyes:

Ah, I'm not a fan of those 'for all n E N' ones. :cool: That's awful like a question 5 one. :(

I think the first step is to sub in n=0 and see if it's true. Then you sub in n=k and assume it's true (great craic). :rolleyes: There's just one other (fairly complicated) step after that. :o

Have you covered Q5?

Togepi wrote: »
    Ah, I'm not a fan of those 'for all n E N' ones. :cool: That's awful like a question 5 one. :(

I think the first step is to sub in n=0 and see if it's true. Then you sub in n=k and assume it's true (great craic). :rolleyes: There's just one other (fairly complicated) step after that. :o

Have you covered Q5?

Sounds scary, I didn't realise you could do induction for that sort of question :eek: I'll give it a shot anyways.

We've covered everything so yeah but I hate things with logs in them so I try to avoid them :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

We didnt cover Q3 or Q5, jealous :(

So which one you lads is Aaron Kenny? I assume he's a boardsie but I cant tell, since like, I'm not psychic :P

• Advertisement

M&S* wrote: »
    Sounds scary, I didn't realise you could do induction for that sort of question :eek: I'll give it a shot anyways.

We've covered everything so yeah but I hate things with logs in them so I try to avoid them :o

Yeah, they just seemed to do the most complicated thing they could for every question last year though. :cool:

I didn't even see that question before, it's fairly awful for matrices. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Patchy~ wrote: »
    So which one you lads is Aaron Kenny? I assume he's a boardsie but I cant tell, since like, I'm not psychic :P

;)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    We didnt cover Q3 or Q5, jealous :(

I'd rather have focused on questions than rushed to finish the course tbh! :P
    Yeah, they just seemed to do the most complicated thing they could for every question last year though. :cool:

I didn't even see that question before, it's fairly awful for matrices. :o

The paper was horrible like, if they do that this year I might just cry. :(

The paper was horrible like, if they do that this year I might just cry. :(

They won't do that this year. ;)

In fairness you wouldn't be the only one! I'd say there was a huge number of people in tears last year after it, the ones I know who did it were so worried afterwards, it was awful. :(

They won't do that this year. ;)

In fairness you wouldn't be the only one! I'd say there was a huge number of people in tears last year after it, the ones I know who did it were so worried afterwards, it was awful. :(

The thought of failing maths scares me, hasn't happened before but I've come so close and I've really put alot of work into maths this past year, to see all that go to waste would just crush me!

• Advertisement

The thought of failing maths scares me, hasn't happened before but I've come so close and I've really put alot of work into maths this past year, to see all that go to waste would just crush me!

Same. :( It'd be worse for me 'cause a) I'm not repeating again, and b)I've only six subjects, and c) I've already got a pass in ordinary maths. People don't usually repeat the Leaving just to fail maths! :o

We'll be grand though. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Realistically I'd struggle to write 3 pages on the environment in English, so how the hell am I meant to do it in Irish? NEVER gonna pick a timpeallacht essay in the exam tbh

HL Irish people, in the exam papers, are those An Triail q's genuine past questions?!

Because one is how one of these three progresses the plot: maili; the mam; aine ni bhreasail (who the hell is that? is she the social worker?)

i'd get a whopping 0/40 right there.. :L

Oh and for 'dramatic technique used by the author to enhance the main conflict' could you say 'contrasting characters of padraig and maili'? Because we've done sweet FA for the play and i'm desperate to tweak it all back to the characters :rolleyes:

Dunno if they're actually past exam questions, probably are though, but we always had a choice between two questions, so there'd always be a hard one! And I think she's the social worker, not too sure though. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cillian95

Have you covered Q5?

Actually, you don't have to use induction if you don't want to. Did you look up the marking scheme? It goes through how to answer it in good detail? http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2011/LC003ALP000EV.pdf

That's not really that bad for a question c is it? I'd be laughing if matrices was a part c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Yeah Aine Ni Bhereasail is the social worker in An Triail.

Quick aiste-related question for Irish. I know everyone is tipping the Olympics to come up but we haven't prepared an essay on it in class at all. The closest we came was a couple of weeks ago when the teacher handed out some notes on sport, with a tiny (and I mean tiny) amount on the Olympics as well. So when I went to write that essay I literally just said "The Olympics will be on this year in London. I think the Olympics are great because they get people interested in sport" and then I just launched into sport :pac: Now I'm guessing this wouldn't be okay in the real thing, so what kind of things can I even say about the Olympics?

cillian95 wrote: »
    Actually, you don't have to use induction if you don't want to. Did you look up the marking scheme? It goes through how to answer it in good detail? http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2011/LC003ALP000EV.pdf

That's not really that bad for a question c is it? I'd be laughing if matrices was a part c

I looked up the marking scheme when I was near a computer but tbh I couldn't follow their solution, had it work out when I used induction so I'm happy enough. Well any part c is generally not great for me unless it's the algebra questions... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cillian95

I looked up the marking scheme when I was near a computer but tbh I couldn't follow their solution, had it work out when I used induction so I'm happy enough. Well any part c is generally not great for me unless it's the algebra questions... :o

You mad bro? The algebra part c's can be dam near impossible some years! Give me some complex numbers or integration any day ;) I'm kinda thinking of not answering one of the algebras if I think it looks too hard...

Just watching Hamlet as some "study" at the minute...

You mad bro? The algebra part c's can be dam near impossible some years! Give me some complex numbers or integration any day ;) I'm kinda thinking of not answering one of the algebras if I think it looks too hard...

The only reason I'm confident with algebra is because I've done so much of them and had grinds in those two questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

The algebra questions are the best thing ever. I can usually get them done in around 15 minutes each, giving me extra time for other questions :D

• Advertisement

finality wrote: »
    The algebra questions are the best thing ever. I can usually get them done in around 15 minutes each, giving me extra time for other questions :D

I find the algebra questions one of the hardest parts of the course. :o

I find everything in HL maths spectacularly difficult. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

finality wrote: »

Yeah I'm the same! Integration is a nice quick one also :D Knowing me I'll probably end up answering all the questions like my mock :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Is it wrong to say that I actually like some of the Maths course now because I understand it? :pac: Yeah? Ok.. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

I stayed over in my nanas last night so I could study without the internet...AND IT WORKED. Seriously, I need to get rid of the internet completely

The internet is literally all that stands between each of us, and 625 points. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Think I might fly on over to the Cuckoo's Nest for a little ban.. Otherwise I'll just end up spending the next whatever is left on this :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Think I might fly on over to the Cuckoo's Nest for a little ban.. Otherwise I'll just end up spending the next whatever is left on this :pac:

Sadly I think the ban only extends to the Cuckoo's Nest forum. PM a Mod and they'll sort ya out anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

I was wondering, is it just me or does the most ridic music increase productivity? All I've listened to today is Rhythm is a Dancer and the Macarena and I think this is the most productive day study wise I've had in months. :L

• Advertisement

Can any mathsy person work out the probability of having at least 2 of your poets come up on the day if you study 5?

I tried it and I got 93%, surely that's way off?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement