Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

True. Patchy~: seeing as your EPIC at French, what are you learning for this years paper in regard to the written section?
    Well :o
    I dont really learn topics the way most people seem to, I just know phrases and my grammar inside out so I can usually just fit a few in, put in words to make it relevant and yeah, works :pac: We dont use a book and dont have notes on a lot, but I'm definitely learning immigration, drugs/alcohol, importance of having multiple languages, technology and racism, but thats it I think :) I do history and theres a lot on the course about race-relations in the 80s so I suppose I have a little less study there than it appears.

Main thing is if you learn things like "il faut lutter contre le probleme avant qu'il ne soit trop tard" (which I know you know, stole it from you before the orals ;)) and put that into any problem themed essay, you're gonna get marks :) I answered a full exam paper last week with things like obesity that I dont actually have any notes on, I just used phrases like that, you usually get to 75 words pretty fast :P

If you want some examples of what I do you can PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I actually enjoy French a lot, I do the same as Patchy, I learn a lot of general phrases that can apply to a lot of essays and then I learn some topic-specific phrases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Spent the entire day on units one and two of biology, which I thought was unproductive until I realised that's like 80% of the paper covered. Not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I'm not sure if I should stay and study all day tomorrow or just do the morning I told my friend I'd stay over at hers I kind of want to stay and study now but I'd feel bad backing out and saying I'm not going :S .

I think I should make a 4 week plan of everything I need to do , I still have loads of notes to write out . I'm not sure if I'd just be better doing the past papers . Like for example with business do 3/4 years of Q1s , 2s, 3s etc... and do the same thing in geography and my other subjects apart from english.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Girl private messages me on this claiming the bundle of notes she got at the Institute for Irish at Easter was stolen and is asking me to scan mine for her. Asked her a few questions first (the teachers name at the course, where the class was held etc) just to be sure. Could only answer the teachers name which can be found by google. Can't actually believe some people.

• Advertisement

I'm not sure if I should stay and study all day tomorrow or just do the morning I told my friend I'd stay over at hers I kind of want to stay and study now but I'd feel bad backing out and saying I'm not going :S .

I think I should make a 4 week plan of everything I need to do , I still have loads of notes to write out . I'm not sure if I'd just be better doing the past papers . Like for example with business do 3/4 years of Q1s , 2s, 3s etc... and do the same thing in geography and my other subjects apart from english.
    Sounds good for business, I'm planning to do all the Qs 1/4/5/6/7's that I can manage this weekend, no harm in it :)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Sounds good for business, I'm planning to do all the Qs 1/4/5/6/7's that I can manage this weekend, no harm in it :)

Yeah I want to try. It takes me ages to write out the answers though .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

This is what I am planning to get done tomorrow:
    • Learn my thig na tit orm answer and an essay on problems for Irish
    • Learn most of the chemistry experimets for Q3. and go over water,acids and bases,radioactivity and electrolysis
    • Revise all the circulatory system,excretion,human nutrition etc.(Most of unit 3) in Biology
    • 3 Physical Geography and 2 Regional Geography answers learnt
    • Write out notes on Plath,Larkin and Heaney
    • Look over technology,drugs and alcohol,climate change topics for Spanish essay
    • Do a few project maths questions(Mainly trigonometry and geometry)

This is my work for the weekend so hopefully try and get as much done of it tomorrow. Getting up a 7 to study and then have study in school at 9:30 till 12:30.Have lunch and study till 6 :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Girl private messages me on this claiming the bundle of notes she got at the Institute for Irish at Easter was stolen and is asking me to scan mine for her. Asked her a few questions first (the teachers name at the course, where the class was held etc) just to be sure. Could only answer the teachers name which can be found by google. Can't actually believe some people.

I did too :rolleyes: I don't even go to the institute :pac:

I did too :rolleyes: I don't even go to the institute :pac:

I got that exact same email :S I don't even do irish or go to the institute, but she claimed that I'm in the ioe . I'm guessing it's the same person .

• Advertisement

Yeah I want to try. It takes me ages to write out the answers though .
    Ahhh same, typing them is way quicker :)

Ahhh same, typing them is way quicker :)

True, it might get easier to write as in the exam you'd have to write it. I guess it could be a good idea typing all of it up and then printing it out keeping all the different questions together. I'm not sure if they'd be enough time with only 4 weeks away . Geography takes much longer than business some of the answers that are samples that I have can be 3 pages maybe I'm supposed to shorten them down lol.

True, it might get easier to write as in the exam you'd have to write it. I guess it could be a good idea typing all of it up and then printing it out keeping all the different questions together. I'm not sure if they'd be enough time with only 4 weeks away . Geography takes much longer than business some of the answers that are samples that I have can be 3 pages maybe I'm supposed to shorten them down lol.
    Its handy just to get into your head what goes where and to fix mistakes :) I find geo much quicker, my answers are only a page and a half at most unless its an atmosphere-ocean question which can be 2 or 3, try condense them maybe :)

Its handy just to get into your head what goes where and to fix mistakes :) I find geo much quicker, my answers are only a page and a half at most unless its an atmosphere-ocean question which can be 2 or 3, try condense them maybe :)

Yeah I usually won't write the answer it if it looks long like 3 pages. I might try typing it and see how it goes. I'm still using sample answers for most things though I should really start learning some of them off :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

haha so apparently my boyfriend cheated on me last night. Didn't think he'd ever do it! Oh well, I did tell him I wouldn't care if he did. :L

Why wouldnt you care?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Why wouldnt you care?! :pac:

Well he just kissed another girl, it didn't mean anything and he was open with me about it. I mean if he had another relationship going on behind my back that would be a completely different situation. My reaction was like "what? ...oh. ok, whatever." :L
    Basically it was a purely physical thing, I know what that's like, I've been in the same situation, it doesn't bother me. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

How are we all this morning? What's the study plans for the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

FinnD wrote: »
    How are we all this morning? What's the study plans for the day?

Grand:) My plans are:
    • 2008 french comprehensions in 50 minutes
    • Try get my head round the maths part of electric field strength in physics
    • Finish all Q5s on maths paper 1 back to '99
    • Look over my 'Changed Hamlet' answer
    • Do every applied maths Q1 and Q10 back to 2000 i.e. the last year examinations.ie have the marking schemes up for the solution :o

Shouldn't be to bad! Just after finding out I have an applied maths mock on wednesday and I haven't really looked at the subject since the mocks! I'm taking it for granted too much so I need to go back over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

My study plan is to put on my shades, stretch my feet, and bask in the warmth of a sunny morning while awaiting the Leaving Certificate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Stuff to do today:
    French; 4 mini-essays
    Maths; 2 calculus+2 trigonometry questions
    Biology; revise viruses+photosynthesis
    Physics; revise heat+temp
    History; write out CnG anglo-irish relations essay
    English; study Hamlet, make notes

Here goes nothing :D

I'm in the library. I'm planning to study economics factor of production doing a few years of that. And I'll study geography the human section and I might do a English essay.
    I still can't believe I went in for 9.30 to find it doesn't open until 10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

I've been studying since 7.30. I have 2 minor Backing Chords Questions and a 6/8 anacrusis melody done for Music. Learnt about the importance of Horatio in Hamlet and did an essay (about 4.5 pages). I think i've been quite adventurous with all the work I want to get done today, I still have all this to attempt to do: :pac:
    • Relearn and do essay on Thomas Kinsella
    • 4 French Written Exam Questions
    • Inflation and Factors of Producion
    • 2007 Mock Paper for Business (which looks ridiculously hard btw)
    • General Vision & Viewpoint Essay
    • 2006 English Paper I (Q.A, Q.B & Essay)
    • ABQ for Business

:rolleyes: I may have to leave some of that stuff for tomorrow aswell! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Supposed to head to the library for ten, woops. Going to get through unit one and two in bio and physical in geog. It's going to be a long, boring day. :(

While you were all studying I was asleep.

And I'm still not studying.

Whats wrong with me? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

While you were all studying I was asleep.

And I'm still not studying.

Whats wrong with me? :cool:

You're just well prepared. :cool:

Aww yeah :cool:

Ugh, raging right now. Just remembered a random French grammar rule that I learned last year when I had a competent teacher, about how pronouns affect gender agreements. I'd written "Je l'ai vu" about my sister and my teacher didnt notice or correct it. Thats three mistakes that I've self-corrected in that one 75 word essay. What the hell is the point in me doing work anymore, omg. -_________-

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Just starting studying for English now :L

Any tips for the poetry? I think I'm going to just list a few quotes from each and learn them :) I'm starting with Larkin and Heaney and then Kinsella, Plath and Kavanagh I suppose

For Comparitive I'm studying GV&V and Theme/Issue. How many different comparisons do ye include in your answers? I think I have 3 kinda lengthy comparisons

And Hamlet I'm just going to read the play a few times. Any advice? I'm generally a B student in English

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Jesus.. I've just done 10 years of question 5's in maths paper 1 in 2 hours and got them all right apart from 1 :eek: Guess I'm doing this question so :P And me saying yesterday I wouldn't do that question :rolleyes:
    I seem to work so much better in maths with music playing aswell :L Drake <3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭kitty9

im on my 30 min break.

covered 5 chapters in biology.
    did 4 chapters in chemistry.
    revised 3 poets for english paper 2
    revised hamlet notes and wrote 1 essay on corruption and DISEASE IMAGERY.

still have to do maths

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement