Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

All of the 'E' types seem to be focused on people skills. Apart from the people skills bit, I'm definitely an ENFP (which seems a little bit pointless :pac:). IDK. I think the reason I don't feel very extroverted right now is because I live in redneck central, where half the population can't hold a conversation to save themselves. :P But, I get really extroverted when I'm doing something I enjoy! Maybe I should just do things I enjoy more often. :pac: Nawww, yours sounds great! Like really unconventional and innovative :D It sounds like the perfect personality type if you want to be a genius or something :P

Oh yeah maybe it might change when you're in the city. I'm quite the opposite. Lol I'm far from a genius , I am kind of creative though, I don't think I speak about theories that much either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Stop it you're killing me :(

(On the brightside - exactly one month until I'm completely free!)

Your exams only last a week? Mine last THREE weeks. I'm doing the very last exam, applied maths. :( At least it gives me more time to study. :)

Has anyone tried this personality test thing
    http://www.worldpersonality.com/

it's quite interesting even maybe accurate :). What did you get?

You are INTP
    INTP is also known as THEORIZER
    Logical and precise. Persevering and thorough, somewhat impersonal. Not impressed with authority. Theoretical.

Yup. I've done loads of these tests, I've always gotten INTP or INTJ, I used to be sort of half way between the two but now I'm definitely much more INTP. The short description there applies pretty well, can't disagree with any of it.
    The INTP is likely to be very shy when it comes to meeting new people. On the other hand, the INTP is very self-confident and gregarious around people they know well, or when discussing theories which they fully understand.
    That's exactly me. :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Are you trying to make a funny?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Oh yeah maybe it might change when you're in the city. I'm quite the opposite. Lol I'm far from a genius , I am kind of creative though, I don't think I speak about theories that much either.

Hopefully it will! :P Ara see, I'd say you're while creative. :) That's strange! 'cos I love talking about theories and things like that, but I'm just... different I suppose. :P What do you reckon of Astrology?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

holy sh*t where have i been.. D; a new thread!? O: O':

• Advertisement

Dapics wrote: »
    Oh christ..... we got a hipster.... i better get my rubix cube and sling it around my neck or else i wont be original.

As much as I dislike hipsters, I can see where the post you quoted is coming from and I wouldn't have associated it with hipster (Hipsterdom? :L) at all. A lot of people don't find it easy to identify with others in secondary school, it's nothing new and it's not generally an attitude that's put on for the sake of being cool.

In a year group of say 100 people, it isn't unlikely that there might be only one or two people that someone has a lot in common with.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

I completely misinterpreted the recent posts in the thread, i didn't know they were about a damn personality generator! :D
    my bad

I completely misinterpreted the recent posts in the thread, i didn't know they were about a damn personality generator! :D
    my bad

Hahaha ok that makes sense. :P Did you take the test?

my bad
    finality wrote: »
    As much as I dislike hipsters, I can see where the post you quoted is coming from and I wouldn't have associated it with hipster (Hipsterdom? :L) at all. A lot of people don't find it easy to identify with others in secondary school, it's nothing new and it's not generally an attitude that's put on for the sake of being cool.

In a year group of say 100 people, it isn't unlikely that there might be only one or two people that someone has a lot in common with.

In a year half the size of that, it's less likely again! :rolleyes: Naw seriously, I wasn't trying to be a hipster (even though I do come across like that sometimes :pac:), and I really hate Rubik's Cubes. :P So it's cool man. smile.gif

Hopefully it will! :P Ara see, I'd say you're while creative. :) That's strange! 'cos I love talking about theories and things like that, but I'm just... different I suppose. :P What do you reckon of Astrology?

I'm not that into astrology although I have looked into it before but not too much into it.

• Advertisement

Your exams only last a week? Mine last THREE weeks. I'm doing the very last exam, applied maths. :( At least it gives me more time to study. :)

You are INTP
    INTP is also known as THEORIZER
    Logical and precise. Persevering and thorough, somewhat impersonal. Not impressed with authority. Theoretical.

Yup. I've done loads of these tests, I've always gotten INTP or INTJ, I used to be sort of half way between the two but now I'm definitely much more INTP. The short description there applies pretty well, can't disagree with any of it.

That's exactly me. :L

Woo another intp the same as me :). Athough I've occasionally gotten INFP but yeah INTP majority of the time I rarely ever get the other one now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Bubbleope wrote: »

I've missed you :O
    Welcome back :) yeah new thread... we are that bad :rolleyes:

Hahaha ok that makes sense. :P Did you take the test?

Im an INFP.

Idealistic and committed. Adaptable. Respond well to the needs of others. Dislike detail.

I'm not that into astrology although I have looked into it before but not too much into it.

Im big into Astrology. Ive got a big 22 inch telescope that has optimized lenses to see the solar systems planets extremely clearly. It cna be plugged up to a laptop and i can use photo suites to capture pictures of the nightsky and render them.

Its pretty mad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Bubbleope wrote: »

And just where do you think you were? I hope you weren't actually using your time productively to study! I thought we had a pact:(

Woo another intp the same as me :). Athough I've occasionally gotten INFP but yeah INTP majority of the time I rarely ever get the other one now.

Snap :)

INTP is one of the rarest personality types but on the internet it tends to be quite common because, due to the personality type itself, the INTP is more drawn to internet forums than an extrovert who's more likely to seek out face to face interactions. Wellll that's my own observation/theory but I'm happy to consider it fact. :L

This is interesting:

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/population-gender/

only 1% of females but 4% of males. Do you find that you get on better with boys in general? :P

Im big into Astrology. Ive got a big 22 inch telescope that has optimized lenses to see the solar systems planets extremely clearly. It cna be plugged up to a laptop and i can use photo suites to capture pictures of the nightsky and render them.

Its pretty mad

Yeah me too, I read my horoscope every day ;)

Yeah me too, I read my horoscope every day ;)

Ah jaysus, i thought she/he said astronomy!
    Buy yeah horoscopes..... i really dont get the whole shtory with them

I mean, who's to say whats to happen to me?! I've got control over my own damn destiny.... or maybe.... just maybe.... i should have taken the red pill....

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

I've missed you :O
    Welcome back :) yeah new thread... we are that bad :rolleyes:
    n'aww i've been missed. (x haha! :)
    can't believe this.. like a new thread. i feel like i just went on holidays from home for a very long time!! :pac: hahaha
    Eathrin wrote: »
    And just where do you think you were? I hope you weren't actually using your time productively to study! I thought we had a pact:(

i can't remember having a pact with you?! :pac: BUT i didn't break that pact cause i didn't spend my time studying.. :L :L arrghh
    i dunno what i was at. :L time just flew by. ): blaah. can't wait for these exams to be over with. (':

Ah jaysus, i thought she/he said astronomy!
    Buy yeah horoscopes..... i really dont get the whole shtory with them

I was just kidding, I don't really like horoscopes :L

I think astronomy is pretty cool, though it's something you kind of have to "get into" if you know what I mean, I wouldn't know where to start with it.

• Advertisement

I was just kidding, I don't really like horoscopes :L

I think astronomy is pretty cool, though it's something you kind of have to "get into" if you know what I mean, I wouldn't know where to start with it.

One Man, two words:

Morgan Freeman.

That smooth maestro of soulful intellect is so badass not only did he narrate a film about pengiuns (farce of the pengiuns), but he also narrated a program about the universe

Snap :)

INTP is one of the rarest personality types but on the internet it tends to be quite common because, due to the personality type itself, the INTP is more drawn to internet forums than an extrovert who's more likely to seek out face to face interactions. Wellll that's my own observation/theory but I'm happy to consider it fact. :L

This is interesting:

http://www.mypersonality.info/personality-types/population-gender/

only 1% of females but 4% of males. Do you find that you get on better with boys in general? :P

Yeah I know we're rare I didn't think it was by that much. I get on with both I do have more female friends although I'm only close to like maybe 3/4 of them. I do find it easier to speak to guys though even though I don't always speak to many.

Do you get on better with boys or girls?

Hahahahahahhaa, im only after seeing the tags at the bottom of this thread!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Hey Patchy, yano the way you lovelovelove French? Well, could you understand the people on this with no trouble? Or, could you watch Amelie or something and understand perfectly what they're saying? If so, how did you train yourself to do that? :P
    Instinctively I'd say absolutely not, but the little bit I listened to I understood pretty much everything yeah :eek: It'd be easier if I knew more words and if I had questions to focus in on but I never even realized I'd understand...when I was in Paris the only thing I remember understanding was "A-del! Rolleeng in ze deep" :D I suppose its because I listen to French music a lot, when you hear it spoken so fast you learn to decipher the mashed together sounds :P

Never watched a movie without subtitles though, and I'd probably end up lost :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Your are ENFP

ENFP is also known as CLARIFIER
    Gifted observers and enterprisers. Charming and likable. Not interested in routine living patterns.

I could also understand quite a bit of that French thing <3

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

INTJ is also known as DESIGNER
    Builders and designers of both systems and products. Logical, evaluative with positive outlook. Theoretical and somewhat impersonal.

AKA,
    The next Bill Gates.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Instinctively I'd say absolutely not, but the little bit I listened to I understood pretty much everything yeah :eek: It'd be easier if I knew more words and if I had questions to focus in on but I never even realized I'd understand...when I was in Paris the only thing I remember understanding was "A-del! Rolleeng in ze deep" :D I suppose its because I listen to French music a lot, when you hear it spoken so fast you learn to decipher the mashed together sounds :P

Never watched a movie without subtitles though, and I'd probably end up lost :P
    Your are ENFP

ENFP is also known as CLARIFIER

Gifted observers and enterprisers. Charming and likable. Not interested in routine living patterns.

I could also understand quite a bit of that French thing <3

Another ENFP! Yay! :D Nice one guys! I listen to it everyday in the hope of getting better at understanding French :pac: and I'm the same with the movies Patchy :P I wanna make sure I'm fully fluent at French before I learn German (I don't do German at school but I wanna learn it 'cos Germany sounds like the shpot!), so that's why I'm asking. :L When would yous say that a person can say, "I'm fluent at such and such a language"? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

*wanders into thread very late in the year*
    Hi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Just home for my 2nd and 3rd free classes of the day :/ I'll do something here....in a while.. maybe :(

• Advertisement

reznov wrote: »
    INTJ is also known as DESIGNER
    Builders and designers of both systems and products. Logical, evaluative with positive outlook. Theoretical and somewhat impersonal.

AKA,
    The next Bill Gates.

Yup, that's exactly you.

Einstein and Darwin were INTP :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement