Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    MB? And I'm talking to you on twitter, ya freak :P
    Who's MB? :P Ohhhh are you the girl who tweeted me about history? :O

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Who's MB? :P Ohhhh are you the girl who tweeted me about history? :O

I am :L

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

Togepi wrote: »
    I could be wrong, but I believe studying is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era.

And there was me thinking it was a blue cheese! Thanks for clearing it up for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭ConTheCat

Heatwave during the week? Wohoo!!!

I just made a massive bowl of pasta and cheese sauce. It tastes vile. :(

• Advertisement

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    I am :L
    :O
    Oh man the world is small :pac:
    How do you know them all? :')

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

ConTheCat wrote: »
    Heatwave during the week? Wohoo!!!

I was wondering when the annual exam heatwave was gonna make an appearance.

If that happens, I am bringing my books to town and studying in Stephens Green. There wouldnt even be distractions! :D

Also I've done an hour and a half or so of business today - not a lot by you guys' standards :P But I took my time and made little ways to remember stuff so I'm glad :) More to come too, lets hope I get everything done. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Champions league final was shíte:eek:
    At least Leinster won the other final:)

I haven't studied all weekend, but I bought a onesie earlier so I feel that this has been a productive weekend.:pac:

I think by this point, people with motivation are the weird ones. No one I know has been able to study lately, but I just keep reminding myself how awful it was going into some mocks making huge gambles, and that vomit-inducing pressure is starting to kick in. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I am leaving my study till after dinner :P I got some Biology Q's done but am too tired at the moment :)

I got left home to study. I've spent today on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

All I can do these days is Maths questions, it's my new obsession. :P I think I actually secretly like Maths, even though I find loads of it impossible. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

I've just realised that now that my Oral's been done for quite some time now, I can't remember how to pronounce anything in Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Time to do 3 hours of Geography tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Fergus_ wrote: »
    Time to do 3 hours of Geography tonight!

OMG! Thats exactly what I had planned :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've only done Business was doing Q4s I think I find that chapter boring because I kind of know it. I did plan more I didn't stick to it again.
    I'll do a few more business questions until The Voice is on :).

I might go to the library tomorrow after my first class going to head into town to do some subjects and leave at lunchtime and study the rest at home I would stay longer but I'd have to leave my stuff and then go and eat by myself. My last week is this week we don't get off until Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

can't study :( not even maths :( Just fed up of the leaving at this stage :(
    On that note thinking of closing my account or a ban ... I have no willpower anymore :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Had my brother's confirmation today and I'm bloody exhausted from all the studying I've been doing all week, so I'm just going to throw on the headphones and relax for a bit, while making out a timetable for my English mock tomorrow. :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Spent the last hour and a half looking at dolan comics. I find them really funny :P But now I'm off to do a 3 hour physics mock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

17 days left lads.

Get back to the Junior forum, you. :(

Get back to the Junior forum, you. :(

Only for the next 20 minutes :D
    Getting banned at 7 until the 18th of June.
    :cool:

I studied a bit more business but I still havent gotten past Unit 4 @_____@ I plan to finish studying the notes I have (which dont even include Unit 5) then read the book one more time, I really need to knuckle down to that.

I also have maths homework to do of Q4 2011, 2010 and 2009, but I'm afraid to do it because I know I wont get it right. :(

paddyzk wrote: »
    Only for the next 20 minutes :D
    Getting banned at 7 until the 18th of June.
    :cool:
    Ahaha, taking the Junior Cert seriously I see :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

25 hours of solid revision done.

Ahaha, taking the Junior Cert seriously I see :cool:

Oh so seriously :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

Ok the mock got boring :L But I was thinking of something interesting. So in maths the bell curve for the distribution of grades will have to remain the same, right? But if more weaker students take up maths for the extra points, then surely it will be easier to get an A, B or just a higher grade in maths?

Wesc. wrote: »
    Ok the mock got boring :L But I was thinking of something interesting. So in maths the bell curve for the distribution of grades will have to remain the same, right? But if more weaker students take up maths for the extra points, then surely it will be easier to get an A, B or just a higher grade in maths?
    YES! Thats exactly what's keeping me sane!
    I mean, there are around 5 people in my class who got between 19%-39% after looking up what was on the mock and they havent dropped. At that rate I'll be getting an A. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Wesc. wrote: »

Good point. Apparently the bell curve for Maths will be different this year though, with higher grades all 'round because they want to give the impression that Project Maths is fantastic. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement