Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I don't think we'vd ever been given a date, kinda stupid really. Graduation's Tuesday so I probably won't go in after that...

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Whens everyones last day of school?
    I'm not finished until Friday...
    I'm finished Thursday but I'm gonna go in the week after for study and Maths+Physics revision classes! Can't wait for Grad night though, a good lot of people from the year are comin to mine for pre-drinks :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Tomorrow's my last day.
    I must do a lot of work tomorrow, if this weekend was about study, I just failed. I did one accounting question. Fml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Eathrin wrote: »
    Tomorrow's my last day.
    I must do a lot of work tomorrow, if this weekend was about study, I just failed. I did one accounting question. Fml

I havent done a single thing since wednesday ......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Tomorrow's my last day.

I only did business I had planned to do much more. I need to stop the procrastination..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I have no idea if I have classes after this week we don't have grad night as it's repeating but people told me that a lot of the teachers haven't even been in for their classes and others people haven't really been in. In english the most you get is 8 people and 4 at the least. I might go in for business first thing but there might not be many in. I want to hand up a paper to be corrected though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

That reminds me of two twins in my year, they've been at each other so much because of the leaving cert one of them had to move out and live with their dad :(
    Its not even because of the LC tbh, shes just like that :rolleyes: And I'm not trying to be as bad as her but we're not at each other technically, its her at me. I haven't done/said anything to her and she'll just find a reason to get pissed at me and cling onto it for ages, oh god, shes sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Patchy~ wrote: »
    Its not even because of the LC tbh, shes just like that :rolleyes: And I'm not trying to be as bad as her but we're not at each other technically, its her at me. I haven't done/said anything to her and she'll just find a reason to get pissed at me and cling onto it for ages, oh god, shes sh1t.

Don't let it get you down man. You moving out in September? :P

finality wrote: »
    Don't let it get you down man. You moving out in September? :P
    Thanks haha, I guess youre right :P Nah I live in Dublin so there'd be no point, I plan on going to UCD though which is still a bit of a trek from my house :pac: My sister is also planning to go there and she'll end up in some of my classes...kill me :L
    I take it you are though, like the rest of the country people here? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Good news everybody, the LC has been POSTPONED until the 16th of July this year as there was an outbreak of feral cougars at the Athlone centre which shredded all exam papers.

http://www.examinations.ie/press/2012_Leaving_Cert_Postponed.pdf

One member of the examinations committee was eaten by the cougar as the animal became enraged by the emphasis on plant chapters in the Biology Exam.

No cougars were hurt as the RSPCA safely captured them, transporting the beasts to a detainment facility.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

reznov wrote: »
    Good news everybody, the LC has been POSTPONED until the 16th of July this year as there was an outbreak of feral cougars at the Athlone centre which shredded all exam papers.

http://www.examinations.ie/press/2012_Leaving_Cert_Postponed.pdf

One member of the examinations committee was eaten by the cougar as the animal became enraged by the emphasis on plant chapters in the Biology Exam.

No cougars were hurt as the RSPCA safely captured them, transporting the beasts to a detainment facility.

The outbreak was an "accident" I assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I finished last Wednesday and haven't done a tap since, the pres? :confused:
    Right I'll start today...

That short story I was proud of?
    I got 100/100.
    :cool:

Thanks haha, I guess youre right :P Nah I live in Dublin so there'd be no point, I plan on going to UCD though which is still a bit of a trek from my house :pac: My sister is also planning to go there and she'll end up in some of my classes...kill me :L
    I take it you are though, like the rest of the country people here? :P

Twin sister?

To be honest I'm not too keen on commuting from an hour past Cork city to Trinity every morning, I think I'll just move to Dublin. :L
    Seriously can't wait to get out of here, I live in the middle of nowhere.

So I am officially finished with secondary school...
    Oh dear lord I'm growing up :eek:

Twin sister?

To be honest I'm not too keen on commuting from an hour past Cork city to Trinity every morning, I think I'll just move to Dublin. :L

You're moving up here?
    I don't know why but I had imagined you'd be going to UCC being handy and all that. Of course who wouldn't want to leave Cork though:pac::rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Finished on Wednesday!

Any of you got accomodation sorted out yet?

I'm afraid I'll end up with a bad roommate :pac:

You're moving up here?
    I don't know why but I had imagined you'd be going to UCC being handy and all that. Of course who wouldn't want to leave Cork though:pac::rolleyes:

Yup. No way I'm living at home, I've been literally counting the amount of time until I could move away for the last 5 years. :pac:

I live about an hour from UCC anyway, so it's not really that convenient. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

I got stoned today at lunch time and then went back into school. What the **** is actually wrong with me? Why don't I care about th leaving cert?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

Apparently I'll have to be in my school about an hour earlier for my first Exam because the olympic torch will be going by Howth, so all roads and stuff will be blocked off :|

• Advertisement

Apparently I'll have to be in my school about an hour earlier for my first Exam because the olympic torch will be going by Howth, so all roads and stuff will be blocked off :|

****'s sake! How inconsiderate of them! Don't they realise what they're doing? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

****'s sake! How inconsiderate of them! Don't they realise what they're doing? :P

The Leaving Cert is MY Olympics damnit!

Twin sister?

Yep, being a twin is the beeeeest thing ever :rolleyes: :pac: Ahaha good point, wouldnt advise living too close to the middle of town though, you'd never get any sleep if you're used to the quiet countryside. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

Was supposed to finish on Wednesday but we went in today and before lunch there was an assembly.The principal said we were finishing today because there's too much messing going on. It feels weird not having to go to another class ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Siobhnk

I got stoned today at lunch time and then went back into school. What the **** is actually wrong with me? Why don't I care about th leaving cert?

Ah coeur :( are you ok though, seriously? <3

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I actually don't believe what I've done today it's so embarrassing! I was just so unbelievably tired this morning and forgot to take a berocca before I left the house and I was wrecked going to the library. But I'd say after half an hour of studying I fell asleep on my desk for almost 2 hours until my friends found me and woke me up! And they were all laughing at me :P I think I'll just go to bed at 9 tonight and stay at home tomorrow and have a lie in :D But god how did I fall asleep :o

Yep, being a twin is the beeeeest thing ever :rolleyes: :pac: Ahaha good point, wouldnt advise living too close to the middle of town though, you'd never get any sleep if you're used to the quiet countryside. :P

Hah I wouldn't worry about that, I doubt I'd even notice. I'll probably try to get Trinity accommodation :)

I think boards.ie Leaving Certs should have an award ceremony under various, trivial categories. Has it been done other years?

Hah I wouldn't worry about that, I doubt I'd even notice. I'll probably try to get Trinity accommodation :)
    Ohhh, nice :) I assume you've visited the college? Its so pretty over by the part with the fields :)
    reznov wrote: »
    I think boards.ie Leaving Certs should have an award ceremony under various, trivial categories. Has it been done other years?
    We actually had a thread this year for it around November I think, it was gas, but I dont know where it ever went. :(

• Advertisement

Ohhh, nice :) I assume you've visited the college? Its so pretty over by the part with the fields :)

We actually had a thread this year for it around November I think, it was gas, but I dont know where it ever went. :(

We need a new one.

ASAP.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement