Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Apparently year a school near mine had a graduation ceremony from 10 am till 8pm. The boredom!
    Probably included mass, dinner and speeches etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Ours is fairly formal. You don't have to wear a full suit, i'm wearing a shirt, suit trousers, black tie and shoes. The price I paid for my Grad Mass stuff was gastronomical, really really ridiculous! And I also have 3 Grads this year so i'll have to get a full suit or two for them! Ours is Thursday, can't wait, i'm actually super excited. Our School puts in a MASSIVE effort into the Grad Mass every year so it's always amazing! Our Grad Song is 'Unwritten' by Natasha Bedingfield and it's actually amazing! My whole Music class is performing at it so it should be a fun night! I'm also reading and presenting flowers to our year head (who I know will kiss me on the cheek in-front of everyone and i'll feckin' die of embarassment)

In other news, got the English and Business department awards today during our ceremony! Absolutely delighted tbh! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Ours is fairly formal. You don't have to wear a full suit, i'm wearing a shirt, suit trousers, black tie and shoes. The price I paid for my Grad Mass stuff was gastronomical, really really ridiculous! And I also have 3 Grads this year so i'll have to get a full suit or two for them! Ours is Thursday, can't wait, i'm actually super excited. Our School puts in a MASSIVE effort into the Grad Mass every year so it's always amazing! Our Grad Song is 'Unwritten' by Natasha Bedingfield and it's actually amazing! My whole Music class is performing at it so it should be a fun night! I'm also reading and presenting flowers to our year head (who I know will kiss me on the cheek in-front of everyone and i'll feckin' die of embarassment)

In other news, got the English and Business department awards today during our ceremony! Absolutely delighted tbh! :D

We're doing unwritten too. :L Well, as part of a medley.

And we wear uniforms to ours, we even have classes beforehand in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

We wear uniforms to ours, it's at 5pm on Friday. It's half in the church next door and half in the school, meaning massively awkward walk halfway through. :/ Our school puts tons of effort in though, everything's all decorated in whatever colour scheme we pick, we all get a cert and keepsake, we do all the music, we release balloons at the end etc.

Our grad song is "Wherever I Go" - once you get over the cringeyness of having a Miley Cyrus song it's epically fitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

My graduation's tomorrow, I don't know what time it is, what to wear and I don't know the lyrics for our song that we have to sing. My procrastination has moved on past just studying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Us being a teeny school we just had a normal day in school and then came to mass in our own chapel that we have in our normal clothes. Everybody just wore the clothes in which they were going out after. We didn't even have a song. I mean about 25 in the whole year so yano :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

^^^ And to contrast with that, it turns out that me and subz3r0 know loads of the same people. :eek: Small world!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

Togepi wrote: »
    ^^^ And to contrast with that, it turns out that me and subz3r0 know loads of the same people. :eek: Small world!! :P

Extremely small world! :eek:
    We live nowhere near each other but still know so many of the same people :pac:

Did anyone else get the 'Leaving Certificate 2012 Candidate Information Booklet' ? People on the cover are waay too smug to be doing their Leaving Cert!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

We just wore are going out clothes in mine first the mass was at 6pm I think then the ceremony in the school for an hour or two then headed to the local pub around 9 then into town at 11pm.
    I actually can't remember what the graduation song was :S. Oh it was Somewhere only we know by Keane.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

Our school doesn't do a graduation. :P There's a mass next Thursday though, and usually the whole year goes to the pub afterwards. The prom's in July, which is quite late really! It's nice though, right in the middle of the summer. :) Our year is so small though, kinda like yours subz3ro, only like 35 people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

all you guys have such small years .... Like there is 150 in my year :O
    Our final mini grad is tomorrow :L thank god :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Ok, so originally I had intended to ask like twenty of my closest friends in the year to come for mine for two hours for pre-drinks before the pub on grad night... Word has gotten out and it seems like the world and her mother are now gonna come down. There's nearly 100 people in my year and all live within a ten mile radius of my house. :o Jesus this is gonna be messy.:rolleyes:

I thought my year last year was small with only about 60 people I didn't think there was any places which had less. I have no idea how many's in mine this year but it's repeating so I reckon maybe like 200 or something :S.

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

Ok, so originally I had intended to ask like twenty of my closest friends in the year to come for mine for two hours for pre-drinks before the pub on grad night... Word has gotten out and it seems like the world and her mother are now gonna come down. There's nearly 100 people in my year and all live within a ten mile radius of my house. :o Jesus this is gonna be messy.:rolleyes:
    ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Our school doesn't do a graduation. :P There's a mass next Thursday though, and usually the whole year goes to the pub afterwards. The prom's in July, which is quite late really! It's nice though, right in the middle of the summer. :) Our year is so small though, kinda like yours subz3ro, only like 35 people.

Our Debs are not until the 12th of August! :eek: Long time away!
    all you guys have such small years .... Like there is 150 in my year :O
    Our final mini grad is tomorrow :L thank god :D

There's 73 in my year I think!

;):D
    Is there anyone who doesn't know? who ratted it out anyway? :pac:

Did anyone watch eurovision? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

I dunno, that was the first I heard of it. Don't care house party at Jonny's:pac:

I dunno, that was the first I heard of it. Don't care house party at Jonny's:pac:
    I'll set the dogs on yas!

Anyone know roughly how long an essay on An Triail should be?

• Advertisement

At least two pages I think (possibly more), not too sure but I wouldn't write any less than that!

At least two pages I think (possibly more), not too sure but I wouldn't write any less than that!
    Thats grand, I was expecting more for some reason :L are yous doing essay plans for An Triail study or just knowing the play really well and winging it on the day?

Thats grand, I was expecting more for some reason :L are yous doing essay plans for An Triail study or just knowing the play really well and winging it on the day?

Well it could easily be three like, I'm not sure! Two and a half anyway 'cause poetry and prose answers are meant to be two pages. Am, I tend to lean more towards winging it in Irish, not one for learning answers off - effort like! :P

Well it could easily be three like, I'm not sure! Two and a half anyway 'cause poetry and prose answers are meant to be two pages. Am, I tend to lean more towards winging it in Irish, not one for learning answers off - effort like! :P
    Same here :L got a B1 in the mock and never learned off anything :pac: Any ideas for an essay on how the drama shows us the negative side of society in Ireland in the 50s/60s? Just talk about the power of the church, hypocrisy, self-importance of the mother and like a bit on the oppression of women or what?

Same here :L got a B1 in the mock and never learned off anything :pac: Any ideas for an essay on how the drama shows us the negative side of society in Ireland in the 50s/60s? Just talk about the power of the church, hypocrisy, self-importance of the mother and like a bit on the oppression of women or what?

Damnit! I've consistently gotten B2s in Irish for the last three years, excluding the C1 in this year's mock. :cool:

Ehhhm, yes. :) (I really need to revise An Triail.) :o

Damnit! I've consistently gotten B2s in Irish for the last three years, excluding the C1 in this year's mock. :cool:

Ehhhm, yes. :) (I really need to revise An Triail.) :o
    Ah I really love Irish, it's like my best subject :p Yeah same, it's not a good sign that I have to write an essay still using notes 2 weeks before the exam :pac:

Ah I really love Irish, it's like my best subject :p Yeah same, it's not a good sign that I have to write an essay still using notes 2 weeks before the exam :pac:

Same except for some reason I really don't like it this year. :confused: The course changes are so nice too, make it way easier! I think my love of Irish died at some point during paper 2 last year, hated it - 13 poems AND stair na Gaeilge plus the prose and An Triail - awful! Not doing a tap for anything bar An Triail didn't help either, definitely brought me down a grade or two! :cool:

Same except for some reason I really don't like it this year. :confused: The course changes are so nice too, make it way easier! I think my love of Irish died at some point during paper 2 last year, hated it - 13 poems AND stair na Gaeilge plus the prose and An Triail - awful! Not doing a tap for anything bar An Triail didn't help either, definitely brought me down a grade or two! :cool:
    Hahah yeah thank God for the 40% for the Oral... Could literally talk all day :D Yeah that was tough I'd say! Surely your an expert on An Triail now after three years? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

In relation to debs at the top of the page, ours aren't until the 7th of September, now THATS what I call being late!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭The High Crusade

In relation to debs at the top of the page, ours aren't until the 7th of September, now THATS what I call being late!

Mine are on the 13th of September, take THAT!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement