Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Mines like the 21st...all you culchies have them mad early!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

57bc2ac35684edf6f63419b2d64132df.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Tbh I'd have a grad night every night of the week if it were going, great craic.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Flabangav

Our debs is in July. We had our grad before Easter, and our song was "I'll be there for you" from Friends... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

So, who's all staying at home today to study?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

So, who's all staying at home today to study?

I'm staying home but going in for English and I live close so it's good.

I actually preferred the grad night to the debs and I spent loads of money on a dress you won't wear again if I was to do the debs I'd have just bought a maxi dress. The debs was still okay I just thought the grad was funner and the teachers were there.

Does anyone else get those weird scary dreams about getting bad results they freak me out. I had a dream that I was repeating again :(. Thats the first weird results dream I've gotten though.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I actually preferred the grad night to the debs and I spent loads of money on a dress you won't wear again if I was to do the debs I'd have just bought a maxi dress. The debs was still okay I just thought the grad was funner and the teachers were there.

Does anyone else get those weird scary dreams about getting bad results they freak me out. I had a dream that I was repeating again :(. Thats the first weird results dream I've gotten though.

It is a sign. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Can I be completely honest and serious for a moment?
    I never lie to you guys, who I am on here is pretty much me in real life, no false personae.

I'm disappointed in myself to be perfectly honest, I've failed to step up to the task that was put before me at the start of this year. I haven't taken advantage of that innate academic intelligence that I possess, I feel selfish, so many would kill to have the same abilities, just as I envy those who excel in sport, music and art.

I now realise that we have exactly two weeks before the start of the exams. It would be defeatist of me to admit that it's too late to start now. I find it hard to make promises to myself as I too often break them, but if I were to begin the hard work now, wouldn't it be worth it?

So would I not be satisfied with whatever 500+ points I get? If I'm brutally honest I would absolutely hate not to excel to my maximum potential. I AM capable of 6 A1s. Call me shallow but when I really think about it, I want nothing less than 625 points when I leave school for good. I WILL regret it for the rest of my life if I don't.

So tell us Cian, what's the plan? I find myself in a strong position, a stroke of luck if you will. If I were to sit the exams today I suppose I wouldn't do too badly
    Maths
    A2
    Physics
    A2
    Applied Maths---B1
    English
    B1
    Irish
    A2
    French
    B3
    Accounting
    B1
    Business
    A2

Hey that's not bad, actually that's 530 points, but like I said, the goal is 600.
    I have got to get six A1s in my Leaving Certificate. And I'm going to do it if I have the right attitude. I want:
    Maths
    A1
    Physics
    A1
    Applied Maths---A1
    English
    A2
    Irish
    A1
    French
    B2
    Accounting
    A1
    Business
    A1

That's my 600 points(or 625 if you please). I know that I am capable of each and every one of those results. It would be agonizing not to achieve them.
    When does the work start? Today of course.

Thanks for reading guys I know this was more of a blog post, but I needed to get some things down.
    I want to thank all of you Boardsies now for the support and craic we've had during the year and I want to wish everybody the absolute best of look in their exams and, like me, get everything they want on leaving school.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Eathrin wrote: »
    I never lie to you guys, who I am on here is pretty much me in real life, no false personae.

I'm disappointed in myself to be perfectly honest, I've failed to step up to the task that was put before me at the start of this year. I haven't taken advantage of that innate academic intelligence that I possess, I feel selfish, so many would kill to have the same abilities, just as I envy those who excel in sport, music and art.

I now realise that we have exactly two weeks before the start of the exams. It would be defeatist of me to admit that it's too late to start now. I find it hard to make promises to myself as I too often break them, but if I were to begin the hard work now, wouldn't it be worth it?

So would I not be satisfied with whatever 500+ points I get? If I'm brutally honest I would absolutely hate not to excel to my maximum potential. I AM capable of 6 A1s. Call me shallow but when I really think about it, I want nothing less than 625 points when I leave school for good. I WILL regret it for the rest of my life if I don't.

So tell us Cian, what's the plan? I find myself in a strong position, a stroke of luck if you will. If I were to sit the exams today I suppose I wouldn't do too badly
    Maths
    A2
    Physics
    A2
    Applied Maths---B1
    English
    B1
    Irish
    A2
    French
    B3
    Accounting
    B1
    Business
    A2

Hey that's not bad, actually that's 530 points, but like I said, the goal is 600.
    I have got to get six A1s in my Leaving Certificate. And I'm going to do it if I have the right attitude. I want:
    Maths
    A1
    Physics
    A1
    Applied Maths---A1
    English
    A2
    Irish
    A1
    French
    B2
    Accounting
    A1
    Business
    A1

That's my 600 points(or 625 if you please). I know that I am capable of each and every one of those results. It would be agonizing not to achieve them.

Thanks for reading guys I know this was more of a blog post, but I needed to get some things down.
    I want to thank all of you Boardsies now for the support and craic we've had during the year and I want to wish everybody the absolute best of look in their exams and, like me, get everything they want on leaving school.:)

If you get the grades that you mentioned in the upper half of the post, you're an absolute failure if to be honest. Really an A2 in English? Come on now. A foreign speaker could get an A1 with 1 week's effort.

Very disappointed. Thought your attitude was better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

I have these two dreams a few times... In the dreams I absolutely feck up timing in Spanish and Irish and I look at the clock and there's 10 minutes left for like two essay style questions :/ It feels quite realistic :P

• Advertisement

Eathrin wrote: »

Maths
    A2
    Physics
    A2
    Applied Maths---B1
    English
    B1
    Irish
    A2
    French
    B3
    Accounting
    B1
    Business
    A2

Maths
    A1
    Physics
    A1
    Applied Maths---A1
    English
    A2
    Irish
    A1
    French
    B2
    Accounting
    A1
    Business
    A1

You should be able to achieve those grades if you're already at that level.
    If you really want the 600 points and thats what you'd like you should go for it as it'll feel like an achievement to you :).
    If you don't get the 600 points you shouldn't be upset either 500+ is still pretty good even if you do feel that you could've done better .

Wonder if this'll actually happen, good luck Cian! :P
    Meanwhile, while Patchy tries desperately just to break 500... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I could get 6 A1s. If anyone has the right attitude they're capable of 6 A1s no matter what level of intelligence they have. Just because I've the potential doesn't mean I will of course. I've been lazy over the past 2 years. My views on the leaving cert is you get what you put into it. If you don't put in the required work to achieve what you need for whatever you want to do then I don't think you deserve the points.
    I'm not aiming this at you Eathrin but it just sparked a thought in my mind.

I dont know if I could have gotten 625. I'd probably never get the A1 in maths no matter how hard I tried, and if I did I'd never get 5 more.

Patchy~ wrote: »
    I dont know if I could have gotten 625. I'd probably never get the A1 in maths no matter how hard I tried, and if I did I'd never get 5 more.

Maths is definitely a subject you need to have a flare for. But I never said 625 points :P

As for me, my main goal for the leaving cert is passing maths and french, think it's achievable...

True, but I have a half-flare I think. :P

I could maybe have gotten 600 if I locked myself away, or even if I'd just studied better, but I dont need it anyway. :)

My goal is 525+ preferably, but I wouldnt complain with 500, or even just enough to get to college. I'd like to get out what I put in though. :P

Wish I had any kind of flare. My maths teacher is convinced I've more understanding than anyone in the class but I find it difficult to put it down on paper. It couldn't be anymore wrong but I like the encouragement. :D

The highest I can get is 520 if I get A1's but a A1 in maths and french are very unlikely the most I'd get is a C. So if I'm being realistic and got A1's in the other 4 subjects and the maths and french a c3 . The most I'd get is 440.
    I don't mind what I get as long as I get the 4 B1's in my honours I really must get those grades and no lower and then the c3 in maths and french both ordinary. I'd be happy with that anything higher is a bonus :).
    Whats the highest you's can get?

I need to revamp my short story to make it happen over 48hours my english teacher said and she said it's predictable , I need to make a crisis happen sooner than later so I can show the change. I could make a brand new story not sure what else to write. I'll see if other ideas come to mind. I have so much work in every subject to do. I really should write another to do list even though I have so many. I'm not sure if I'll write anymore Hamlet essays as I know I have the ability to write them I'll just make points and have a general layout for each essay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

I'm really doubtful that I'll get the points for Biomedical Science now. :( It was 515 last year, but idk if I'll get that, I got 465 in the mocks, and I really need Biomed. Praying praying praying!

Let me think what I could actually (feasibly) get..
    English: A2/A1 hopefully! English is a strange one for me, depends heavily on my time management.
    Biology: idk about this one, I'd be happy with a B1 but I'm aiming for an A
    Physics: :confused::confused::confused: Not a clue. Really need to do well but I've never gotten over 75% in a physics paper, even though I love it. Prob need to get at least a B1.
    Irish: Easy paper for me, living in the Gaeltacht, an A1 would be great.
    French: Same as Irish 'cos I like it!
    Maths: Only need to pass
    History: Another subject I've never done particularly amazing in, I'd be satisfied with a B1 but an A2 would be fantastic.
    so if I got:
    A2, B1, B1, A2, A2, A2, that would give me... 520. Shit :( Biomed is definitely going to go up this year too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

I got around 520 in my fifth year summer test, sixth year christmas test and in the pres but I can still see myself going down. Blah.

• Advertisement

I'm the same. 515 in summer, 510 in Christmas and 525 in the mocks, but of course that means nothing in the real thing. :(

Need to do really, really intensive studying...but just not right now. :D

In two weeks we'll have done English Paper 1. :(

Oh and my friend called to my house coz he was bored in school and told me my English teacher was gonna get my address and call over because my friend told him I was sad that he wasnt at grad, and I mean I did wish he'd gone but I was just gonna see him today anyway, and then he actually did call to my house, I thought it was a joke :L
    Then he drove me and my friend to Hillbillys (its like KFC, sooooo good) and we all got lunch, or breakfast in my case :P Was gas! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cutty9

I'm the same. 515 in summer, 510 in Christmas and 525 in the mocks, but of course that means nothing in the real thing. :(

Need to do really, really intensive studying...but just not right now. :D

In two weeks we'll have done English Paper 1. :(

Oh and my friend called to my house coz he was bored in school and told me my English teacher was gonna get my address and call over because my friend told him I was sad that he wasnt at grad, and I mean I did wish he'd gone but I was just gonna see him today anyway, and then he actually did call to my house, I thought it was a joke :L
    Then he drove me and my friend to Hillbillys (its like KFC, sooooo good) and we all got lunch, or breakfast in my case :P Was gas! :D

shouldn't you be studying??? :eek:

And what are you doing? Getting 625? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cutty9

And what are you doing? Getting 625? :rolleyes:

nah, hopefully around 570 mate.

I'm reading "Will you please be quiet, please?" by Carver.

it's great for short stories for english paper 1.

I also have to read "Antarctica" by Claire Keegan before the 6th.

There are excellent ideas and phrases in them that enhance and make your English stand out. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Ok can you actually get 625 ?? I thought that even with the 25 for maths they still cut it off @ 600?

I did class tests instead of mocks I only got 300 but that was with very little study but most subjects I got C's apart from English which was a B.
    I need them all to become B1's apart the maths and french which is fine as a C.

Ah my mums had me on a cleaning spree it's so annoying when you're trying to do work.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

haro124 wrote: »
    Ok can you actually get 625 ?? I thought that even with the 25 for maths they still cut it off @ 600?

No, you can get 625 - I don't know if your school handed out that info sheet about the bonus points? but it says the new highest score is 625.

(incidentally, since we're talking about goals, 625 is mine. got 615 in the mocks, HOPEFULLY it won't go down!)

cutty9 wrote: »
    nah, hopefully around 570 mate.

I'm reading "Will you please be quiet, please?" by Carver.

it's great for short stories for english paper 1.

I also have to read "Antarctica" by Claire Keegan before the 6th.

There are excellent ideas and phrases in them that enhance and make your English stand out. :D
    Pressure! ;) I just read descriptive stuff for English 1, really hoping it stands out in some way to the examiner.

(incidentally, since we're talking about goals, 625 is mine. got 615 in the mocks, HOPEFULLY it won't go down!)
    Really? :O Well done! I thought the highest anyone had gotten around here was 610...points over 600 look so snazzy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Since the start of the year, I've been adding up what grades and points I would get if I was to do the Leaving Cert the next day. They started out terrible (mainly because I've taken up two new subjects), but they've been going up bit by bit ever since. Only problem is, I did it the other day and my result was 440 points. Which is 5 points higher than what I got last year, and being honest, a lot lower than what I want to get. Basically, I need to make huge progress in the next two weeks! I'd be very disappointed if I got less than 500 this time, but I definitely have my work cut out for me if I'm going to get the points I want!
    M&S* wrote: »
    My views on the leaving cert is you get what you put into it.

Unfortunately, for lazy people like myself, that's pretty much the Leaving Cert in a nutshell. It's unfair because you might have an apptitude for something and not get a good grade in it, simply because the exams are geared towards rote-learning rather than knowledge or intelligence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

I'll be really happy to get 420+ points.

But I am extremely lazy but I can really grind gears when I get going but just not now :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement