Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert '11/'12 Off-Topic 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Sure I might aswell- My Ideal Grades:
    English (A1)- If I don't get this I'll cry. English has been my best subject since forever and as long as my essay goes to plan I should be alright :D
    Irish (A1)- Same as English, I absolutely love Irish.. Got a B1 in the Mocks with little or no study. My Oral also went class and the day before I did a 2nd mock and got 95% so here's hoping :o Also want to do Irish in college so if I don't get the A1 it's not because lack of passion anyways :p
    Maths (C3)- If I got this I would actually die! Failed by a couple of % in the Mock but at the time I was doing absolutely no study for it and I'm flat out now, have grinds all.
    History (A2)- This is also one of my favourite subjects and I've been consistently getting A/Bs since 5th Year. Would love an A1 but I reckon it'd be fairly impossible :pac:
    Physics (B1)- If I don't get this I'll be really disappointed tbh. I've every year in exam papers basically covered bar a few questions and have revised most chapters at least twice. It's probably gonna be the Maths that will let me down though!
    Music (B1)- Would love this, only took Music up towards the end of 5th year and doing it externally, an hour of lessons per week but have worked really hard at it!
    French (B1)- Would love this, I find the written pieces hard enough sometimes and I'm also a bit apprehensive about not understanding some of the comprehension. Am working fairly hard at it at the minute!
    Engineering (B3)- Theories fairly trivial and my project turned out to be pretty good :p DAy Practical was ****e though so I dunno...

If I got my results sheet and saw these results I'd actually explode. Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Since everyone else is doing it :P

English: All I ever wanted out of English was around a B2 or something. Not much, nothing fancy. Then I got a fecking A2 in the mocks and it was the worst thing to ever happen to me, now I want an A1 :P I'd still be happy with a B though!

Irish: Irish is almost the opposite to English. Could have gotten an A if I'd sat the exam in 5th year, now I've stopped caring. Any sort of B would be lovely.

Maths: C3 at least. I'd love to get higher and think I could have done it if I had a different teacher, but all I can aim for now is the C3.

German: Haven't a clue. B2 at least I'd say.

Music: I'd love the A, I really would, but I'd be just as happy with a B

Biology: A1. If I don't get an A1 I will be devastated

Chemistry: Ideally I'd also like an A1 but it might not be as achievable as biology :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I did a bit of a post earlier want to go through the subjects properly :).

Business B1 - I do think I have a great ability to get this grade and I've been learning business since first year I'd really like to achieve a high grade. It's my favourite subject. Parts of this will be in my next years course. I just need to be able to figure out the marking scheme on each question I understand it more than I did last year.

English B1-A1 - I'd really love a A in I've worked quite hard this year on English more than I did last year as it was ordinary and I've been doing well in all my essays and everything . I used to think I was only good at paper 1 but I'm actually pretty good at paper 2 andI love English

Economics B1- I picked it up this year , it's not too bad. I actually think the micro section isn't too bad after the grinds I've had. I could easily get that B1 if I just continue going over all those sections and a few macro chapters plus I have 5 days just to prepare for economics after the other 5 have finished.

French C3(O) - I've always hated French I'm not really a language person but I did work hard for my oral and I was suprised how well it went and all I did was put work in. I haven't really gone over much else in French as my teacher is crap. But I will get my cousin to help me next week with it. I can do the writing it's just answering the questions in French.

Geography B1 - It's another favourite subject it's always been one of my strong subjects when I really put my mind to it. I just need to go over everything then I should be okay.

Maths C3 (O) - I'm not too bad with paper 1 as much I have a few things to go over. The most I'm worried about is paper 2. It seems like a paper that you don't know what to expect. Even passing maths would be fine but I need that c3 .

Looking back from last year , right now I was probably trying to cram all the subjects I did last year in the matter of 3weeks. I really didn't do my best. I wasn't happy with my results. I already knew I hadn't prepared enough going into the exam. I changed since last year. So I really want to see these results reflect my true ability. . I'll get 385 points with that I know it may seem little but none of my courses require very high points, I need these results for my BIS course :). (I didn't mean for this post to be so long)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

#trendsetter:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

My turn!

English - I would like at least a B2 in this, this is one of my stronger subjects and I don't have much trouble putting my thoughts onto the paper.

Irish - I did pretty well in the oral so I'm more confident about this, will need to study a lot of essays though as I haven't really done much in this subject. I would be delighted with a B3

Maths - I do Ordinary Level Maths so I'm not including this in my top 6 subjects but I do need to get at least a C3 for my course so I don't have too much focus on this.

Geography - I hope to get at least B2 in this subject, I have loads of sample answers learned off and I think this subject is easy anyway.

Biology - This is one of my stronger subjects and I really enjoy the subject so I would like to get a B1 at least.

French - This is also one of my stronger subjects and it's my favourite subject. I didn't do too well in the oral exam though (fingers crossed), so with that in mind, I would like to get a B2 or higher.

Home Ec - Tbh, if I don't get an A1 in this, I'll be pretty disappointed :pac:

The subjects I do are pretty easy in general tbh. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

It seems everybody who does Biology wants an A1... :confused: :L Well, to add my two cents, I will be DEVASTATED if I dont get an A1 in Biology! I LOVE the subject, always have, and plan on studying it in college and hopefully teach it some day! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Boeing777 wrote: »
    It seems everybody who does Biology wants an A1... :confused: :L Well, to add my two cents, I will be DEVASTATED if I dont get an A1 in Biology! I LOVE the subject, always have, and plan on studying it in college and hopefully teach it some day! :)

I'm the exact same, that's why I really want to do well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I'd kill for a B in Biology! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭rkeano5

Ditto on the A1 in Biology. Got it in the mocks, but the paper seemed so easy. Really worried about having the pressure of trying to match up to really good mock results. aghhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Ditto on the A1 in Biology. Got it in the mocks, but the paper seemed so easy. Really worried about having the pressure of trying to match up to really good mock results. aghhhhh

THIS. The pre paper was so lovely and I'm afraid the real thing won't be, all this new-chief-examiner stuff is making really paranoid...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I hope my examiners recognise my style.
    In maths I like to just write the answer down without the workings, in Irish I tend to write my essays quite long for the craic, etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

M&S* wrote: »
    I'd kill for a B in Biology! :P

Same here :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭cutty9

id love a D in biology. :)

MWAHAHAHA LOL JK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

Really hoping for this!

Irish A1 - Would be devestated otherwise!
    Business A1- See Irish:pac:
    Accounting A1 - So much effort put it in!
    French A1 but could live with an A2
    Maths A2
    English -A2 my teacher said that I'm the only person that he has some hope for :cool:
    History- B1 haven't put in enough effort to get the A !

Ok thats 605 - maybe just a bit too optimistic :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Boeing777

rkeano5 wrote: »
    Namlub wrote: »
    THIS. The pre paper was so lovely and I'm afraid the real thing won't be, all this new-chief-examiner stuff is making really paranoid...

Was that the DEB paper? If so, yes it was very easy! But the Short questions were slightly odd?

The thing is though, Everyone says Biology is the "easy" subject and yes I do agree. However I'm sorry to say but A1's don't come cheap in any subject! So this expectancy of an A1 because it's an "easy" subject doesn't really wash with me! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

Boeing777 wrote: »
    Was that the DEB paper? If so, yes it was very easy! But the Short questions were slightly odd?

The thing is though, Everyone says Biology is the "easy" subject and yes I do agree. However I'm sorry to say but A1's don't come cheap in any subject! So this expectancy of an A1 because it's an "easy" subject doesn't really wash with me! :rolleyes:

I personally hope we get an atrocious Bio paper :D :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I personally hope we get an atrocious Bio paper :D :pac:

I hope the next time you attempt to estimate the number of species in a community, your capture recapture method FAILS..

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

Erm... I would love to have a proper one of these to write out, but that's the problem with being a ridiculous over-achiever. So...

Ideal grades:
    Irish, English, Maths, Spanish, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Applied Maths: A1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Eight A1s... That, that's eight A1s.

F*ckin' hell!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

You guys make me feel so stupid :( all of you :(

• Advertisement

Pfft you're gonna do brilliantly Meowth. ;):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

Dont start, you! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Dwellingdweller

David1994 wrote: »
    Same here :P

Same again :P Biology can be such a picky subject :( Just have to study my arse off for it between now and the LC and hope we get an ok-ish paper! I have a good feeling about the paper though. As long as you've enough study done I think the new paper won't be too bad... that's just me being optimistic though. :pac: Ugh it feels like I'm going to fúck everything up horribly on the day, especially history, biology, and physics...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Togepi wrote: »
    Pfft you're gonna do brilliantly Meowth. ;):)
    Patchy~ wrote: »
    Dont start, you! :P

:rolleyes: suuuuuuuuure i will... mere fortnight to go and the procratination is getting worse... :P
    after the first few bloggy-posts i was like hell yeahz i'm gonna start studying, then after reading more and more, I despaired more and more :P
    You guys have gotten so serious and studious lately :P what happened to the bant ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

I havent studied in 2/3 days, dunno what you're talking about :D

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

Erm... I would love to have a proper one of these to write out, but that's the problem with being a ridiculous over-achiever. So...

Ideal grades:
    Irish, English, Maths, Spanish, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Applied Maths: A1.

I beat you by 2 A1s. You're just a waster.

@HistoryKitten I did a good week there last week or the week before (my first proper week of study). :o Haven't done a whole lot since! :rolleyes: Easily burnt out or what?! :pac: :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I think the dream I had today about me getting bad grades freaked me out. I actually studied til 9pm , which I never do. I only did business and geography . I seem to only do 2-4 everyday and no more as I try to spend hours looking over it. I think I might stop writing things out and instead spend time on specific chapters reading and understanding everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭justBlake

because its what the cool kids are doing <3

English(HL) : C1 possibly a B2 if hamlet is easy an plath comes up( btw is there anything you can learn as a general hamlet question that you can mold to suit the question? like for poetry im just learning a personal resonse to each poet and maybe 1 topical question about their poetry)

Irish(OL) : probably a C dont care because im not counting it

Maths(HL) : D3 is fine for me:D

LCVP: would love a distinction and was only like 7 marks off a distinction in the mocks

Engineering(HL) : C1 or a B2 wouldnt complain with either

DCG(HL) : possibly the only subject im very capable of getting an A in so im aiming for B1 or A2 but i have almost a full week off before it so a serious amount of stud will be done:D

Biology(HL) : ehm hopefully a C1 because thats what i avg in class but i failed my mocks horribly:O i got like 33% i think? shouuuld i be worried?

Chemistry(OL) : really dont care not sure if ill even bother going in for it:L

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Maths - If I don't get an A1 I'll cry
    Biology - Would love an A1, I think I'll get it but would be ok with an A2 I guess
    German - If I don't get an A1 I'll cry
    Physics - HOPEFULLY an A1. B1 or higher and I'd be happy I guess.
    Chemistry - B1 or higher plz
    English - A1 in the pre but it could go either way, really depends on the paper... but I'll be sad if I don't get the A1, I've always loved English.
    Applied Maths - A1 would be amazing, but I guess B1 or higher would be ok.
    Irish - I would LOVE an A because it's the only subject I've ever not been expected to get an A in. Realistically I'll get a B1 if I'm extremely lucky.

Points wise, 550+ would be ok I guess, gotta admit I'd love 600.

In other news, we got these autograph book things today at graduation, and my friend basically informed me in mine that she knows who I am on boards... what a creep.

And apparently she used to talk to Cian on here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement