Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dabs.ie delivery

Options
  • 10-04-2012 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever ordered something off dabs when it says "ordered upon request"? What sort of delivery time is there? Have got other stuff of them in the past but it was always in stock.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

daz801 wrote: »
    Has anyone ever ordered something off dabs when it says "ordered upon request"? What sort of delivery time is there? Have got other stuff of them in the past but it was always in stock.

i wont bother with dabs.ie anymore( my personal opinion ). I was looking to buy gtx 680 and it was same "ordered upon request". i emailed them, but no answer for the last 2 weeks. their loss, i spent 520eu and bought it of scan.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

i wont bother with dabs.ie anymore( my personal opinion ). I was looking to buy gtx 680 and it was same "ordered upon request". i emailed them, but no answer for the last 2 weeks. their loss, i spent 520eu and bought it of scan.co.uk

How was it dealing with Scan?

How was it dealing with Scan?

i ordered my full build from scan on december, then gtx 680 last week.

why am i coming back to them? i have problems with patients and scan.co.uk is damn fast with deliveries.

i ordered my full build on tuesday afternoon and had it at my doors at thursday afternoon. i have to admit, they did a **** up with mobo. basicly sent out same model Mobo, just non gen 3. basicly same mobo, but no pcie 3.0. there is only 1 symbol difference and few euro difference. so i said **** it, and kept it. was really CBA sending it out and waiting for 5 million years for next delivery. :o

then ordered gtx 680 on tuesday again. it was in stock, but later that night got that it is magicly out of stock... :rolleyes: Got pissed off, and asked to swap it for different brand, which costed same. with all the crap, it still managed to come in on friday afternoon ( good friday ).

i can be very bitchy when i am waiting for stuff :o, but looks like i will be back to scan.co.uk for my next stuff. :)
    i ordered my dell u2312hm from komplett and i am already edgy lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

I'll have to give scan a luck so, hopefully if i order tonight it will be here friday morn

I'll have to give scan a luck so, hopefully if i order tonight it will be here friday morn

What you ordering?

• Advertisement

Possibly a gpu. What sort of shipping prices do they have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Possibly a gpu. What sort of shipping prices do they have

Anything over about €100 is elegible for free shipping (or its €75 ex-VAT)

even to ireland.....sweet

I would go with 7850. Let alone for 2gb ram. You newer know what you going to do later on. 1440p, 3 monitor setup? It is more modern and better suited for CF.

• Advertisement

I was thinking with it being a pcie3 card and me having a compatible mobo that eventually it will give a better performance. Me thinks i'll go order one now

I was thinking with it being a pcie3 card and me having a compatible mobo that eventually it will give a better performance. Me thinks i'll go order one now

Dunno m8. Pcie 3.0 is a lot of horse shiet. A sales pitch in my opinion. I know it's not even used now and makes no difference, but I doubt there will be any unreal numbers of perfoamce increase.
    Still, 7850 is the way to go.

Hmmm suppose, i thought ivy bridge was meant to improve it possibilities? Anyway still it only takes one 6 pin so is much easier to cf without molex converters. As the drivers mature there'll probably be a bit of an improvement aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I ordered a surge protector from Dabs that was OOR, and got it in about a week and a half.

have decided to go with scan now very good deal on 7850. I'm getting no option for free shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

have decided to go with scan now very good deal on 7850. I'm getting no option for free shipping.
    Thought you were talking about Dabs? scan don't gave free delivery.

oh ok, yeah have ordered of dabs before, knew about their free shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Personally I wouldn't go near them. I've had nothing but hassle with them, what with no address on shipments, problems and delays with getting replacements and refunds on DOA items, excuses from them and the couriers they use.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

I've ordered from dabs loads of times and haven't had any serious problems. Delivery is usually 3 or 4 days when in stock. Ordered on request can be an extra 2 days - 2 weeks. Very variable depending on the item.

Monotype wrote: »
    I've ordered from dabs loads of times and haven't had any serious problems. Delivery is usually 3 or 4 days when in stock. Ordered on request can be an extra 2 days - 2 weeks. Very variable depending on the item.

Well, but communication with them is non existing. I wount send half of thousand to people who won't eve bother to answer my email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't go near them. I've had nothing but hassle with them, what with no address on shipments, problems and delays with getting replacements and refunds on DOA items, excuses from them and the couriers they use.

Yeah they are one of the worst companies I have dealt with when returning items, you have to chase them up on the phone for anything to get done and even then it's still a PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Well, but communication with them is non existing. I wount send half of thousand to people who won't eve bother to answer my email.

I only had one problem with them ever about a hard drive missing - they got back to me fast and sorted out the problem quickly. Maybe they just don't like some people. I've heard a lot of problems about them but at this stage, I've heard problems about everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Burgo wrote: »
    Yeah they are one of the worst companies I have dealt with when returning items, you have to chase them up on the phone for anything to get done and even then it's still a PITA.
    Tell me about it, 3 weeks now they have a DOA item I returned (last ever item I'll buy from them) and still no refund. Was told as soon as they have it back I would be refunded within 3 days :rolleyes:

Two days in a row the courier didn't arrive to pick up the item, turns out Dabs forgot to pass the pick-up onto their courier department, they never ring you back, when you ring them it's either they can't find the order/return, their systems are not working etc... sick of dealing with them at this stage :mad:

Monotype wrote: »
    I only had one problem with them ever about a hard drive missing - they got back to me fast and sorted out the problem quickly. Maybe they just don't like some people. I've heard a lot of problems about them but at this stage, I've heard problems about everyone.
    That's is true. I heard lots of horror stories about scan too, but so far for me dabs.ie being dicks and scan is really damn pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭dan_ep82

The first ever order I placed with dabs.ie turned out to be out of stock (in stock when i ordered)
    Took a week to get the money back

Have to say the best company I've dealt with is overclockers.co.uk,customer service is brillant

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Have to say the best company I've dealt with is overclockers.co.uk,customer service is brillant

And, I've herd horror stories about them too. It comes to a point were you just have to make a leap of faith. It's was the same for me when picking which MB to go with.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Just to chip in, I ordered a full system from dabs recently and it arrived fairly promptly. The "ordered upon request" item I asked for included, everything arrived in about 2 to 2 and a half weeks.

I also had had to email them once or twice and their replies were swift and courteous.

I would definitely recommend them, they're only slightly more expensive than HWVS, the system I was making was cheaper from them (low end family build)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Just to chip in, I ordered a full system from dabs recently and it arrived fairly promptly. The "ordered upon request" item I asked for included, everything arrived in about 2 to 2 and a half weeks.

I also had had to email them once or twice and their replies were swift and courteous.

I would definitely recommend them, they're only slightly more expensive than HWVS, the system I was making was cheaper from them (low end family build)

Quit hogging all the good dabs people!
    I've never had a problem with them with orders, just returning stuff to them is a nightmare.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭edhead

Been buying all kinds of stuff on the net since 2005. Prob up to four items a week at this stage.

Never have I come across a more lazy, clueless, inept organisation than dabs.ie

Pay the extra few bob elsewhere is advice I'd offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

i actually like amazon.co.uk. There prices are for pc parts are about the same as scan or overclockers.

There no fuss refund policy is best ive seen from any company.

I bought a amd 7970 1gb reference card.

I used the card for 10 days and just got pissed off with the poor drivers. Amazon gave me a full refund and payed for postage.

I bought a Gigabyte gtx 480 Superoverclock from overclockers.co.uk. this card was unstable at Stock volts and clocks. I sent it back after 3 days. I had to pay for postage and they did not want to give me a refund. such BS!

There was a tread on there forums with loads of users with the same issues. I had to have argument with there support to get a refund.

Id say Dabs.ie are ok if nothing goes faulty but if you have to send anything back you will be waiting.

I will now always buy Computer parts from amazon even if i have to pay a small bit more.

Advertisement