Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for scrap lead.

Options
  • 10-04-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there. I am wondering if there's anyone out there with scrap lead hanging about their houses/work places, or you know of anyone with some laying about. It can be in any form.

It's for my own personal use, and not for commercial use.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't think I have any but what do you need it for, just curious?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Looking for help

Weights for a backpack/webbing. Training for a fitness test.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ah. Just as a suggestion, in case you don't get lead - use bricks or rocks rolled up in old clothes. Maybe the peeps over in Running could help too.

Thanks. I had considered that, but lead is the way forward for me due to space constraints in the webbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

How much space have you in the webbing?? Wet sand in a plastic bag might do if you can't get lead.... (Just a thought that popped into my head)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭coleria

I got some, pm me and we can arrange to meet, (at my house, I'm not carrying lead around ;)) bring your bag with you and we can cut it to shape/weight to fit etc. and all I ask for in return, is a bottle of b:D

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭lucianot

I use gold instead. Same density.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Hi there. I am wondering if there's anyone out there with scrap lead hanging about their houses/work places, or you know of anyone with some laying about. It can be in any form.

Thanks.

i used to make lead soldiers and got it at car junkyards. back then there was some place out the headford road.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

Weights for a backpack/webbing. Training for a fitness test.

a thirty litre rucksack filled with sand could be the thing? maybe ask in the military forum to see what the other guys do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

pop KD in your backpack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I thought you had found an old Hoard of Prince August mold's and were building a few armies lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

Thanks.

Oh, right Boss! :D

Sorry for ressurecting the dead thread, but, same question as before, because I never acted on this the last time around

. Any one have unwanted/scrap lead hanging around?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

You do realise you can buy a roll of lead flashing in any decent builder's providers?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

You might try asking Galway Metals in Oranmore if they have any scrap flashing, should be cheaper than buying it new. Or maybe go down the beach with a rucksack and a few McCambridge's bread ziploc bags.

Advertisement