Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payed for one, Received two instead of one

Options
  • 10-04-2012 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭

I bought a teeth whitening kit a few weeks ago. It was advertised on a deal site with savings to be made. I remember reading the original price was €120 but with the deal, i think i payed €26.

I got the voucher code and a website link to submit the voucher code and my details. Three weeks later, i get the kit.

Just today, i got another kit. Thing is, when submiting the voucher code, i think i pressed the back button once and did the whole thing again. There may have been a third time, i dont remember.

What do i do with it. Do i have to send it back? Or keep it as its their mistake. Im normally an honest person but there's no address to be found. The website doesn't work.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Just keep it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Do the right thing and tell them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Just keep it.
    That's giving in to the Devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Are you sure you haven't been charged for two?? There's a chance you may have, especially if you hit the back button....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I am a hundred per cent sure I wasnt charged for two. I bought it on a deal site and received a voucher code. It was when I was using the voucher code, and after submiting it, I pressed the back button.

Can they come looking for payment or anything. As for telling them. I have no contact details.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Tell them, and wait for their instructions to send it back, postage paid. A few years ago, I bought a playpen on Ebay, 2 got delivered at different dates. I contacted the company, twice. Never received any answer, kept both and gave one to a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The goods are not yours, and if they figure out the mistake, they are entitled to look for the goods back.

Contact them, offer to return the kit, with them paying the postage. Then wait and see what response you get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

id contact them and explain the situation, if they were able to sell it for 26euro i bet they wouldnt even be bothered organising postage for you to return it and probably tell you to keep it, at least then you will be guilt free :)

Advertisement