Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wwoof new zealand

• 10-04-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭

hi has any one here signed up to the website and used it
    looking for reviews the cost is 50 dollars but most of the information is provided free on other websites
    just wondering is it worth it to sign up;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 305 ✭✭davepatr07

Hi Jamie,

I would highly recommend WWOOFing for the experience. I didn't do it in NZ but did it for 2 months in South Australia and it was brilliant. Good way of saving money as well. Wish I had done it on South Island. Plenty of farm work.

Are you planning to do it on a WHV or just on holidays? From what I have been told Immigration NZ class volunteer work including WWoofing as needing a work visa so you would need to be on a WHV. In Oz it is not the case as you can do WWoofing while on a tourist/holiday visa there.

I signed up to the WWoofing through a backpackers and got the book there with the list of contact farms etc as opposed to getting directly from website. Also you get a WWoof number which is needed as proof of membership with the book so you are registered.

For $50 the experience is worth it. Hope this helps

Advertisement