Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest bord gais bill

Options
  • 10-04-2012 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,898 ✭✭✭

So I received my latest bord gais bill for the last 2 months which is due for payment via direct debit on the 18th. I thought it was considerably high due to limted use of the gas during the mild winter we had so I decided to check the meter box at the side of the house. The reading as per the previous usage and the current or present usage were both estimated. The previous usage was estimated at 958 and the present usage 1024 i.e 66m3 units used. When I went to check the meter the actual reading was 920 and 53m3 therefore I was overcharged on the previous bill I payed and I was going to be well overchareged on the next one due for payment this month on the 18th. How do I go about getting this rectified and cancelling my current bill and being refunded for the overpayment on the previous bill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You contact Bord Gais and tell them what your current reading is. All of this information is on your bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

billyhead wrote: »
    So I received my latest bord gais bill for the last 2 months which is due for payment via direct debit on the 18th. I thought it was considerably high due to limted use of the gas during the mild winter we had so I decided to check the meter box at the side of the house. The reading as per the previous usage and the current or present usage were both estimated. The previous usage was estimated at 958 and the present usage 1024 i.e 66m3 units used. When I went to check the meter the actual reading was 920 and 53m3 therefore I was overcharged on the previous bill I payed and I was going to be well overchareged on the next one due for payment this month on the 18th. How do I go about getting this rectified and cancelling my current bill and being refunded for the overpayment on the previous bill?

What he said. And in future, when you get a bill that's estimated, ring in a reading, takes 30 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,898 ✭✭✭billyhead

jor el wrote: »
    You contact Bord Gais and tell them what your current reading is. All of this information is on your bill.

Thanks I presume they will cancel the current bill then and credit my next bill by the overpayment for the last one or what way does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

Thanks I presume they will cancel the current bill then and credit my next bill by the overpayment for the last one or what way does it work?

Yes I'd say they will hold the overpayment as a credit on the account and not collect anything on the next DD or offset it against it - not sure if you're running ahead of the meter from your last estimate.

Estimates are based on a pool of property types and historical usage - as you can imagine many people got a shock last year when their meter was read after the cold weather!

SSE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

You will have to tell them and insist that they Cancel the current bill and re-issue a new bill based on your reading.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,898 ✭✭✭billyhead

Thanks for all the information. It is much appreciated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Amanda7326

this happened to me also, i thought they would take the amount off my bill but they dont, you have to pay the bill you got and they will take it off your next bill which is ok but not the best when you have to pay a huge bill you cant afford!

Advertisement