Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Veet waxing strips

• 10-04-2012 7:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭

I recently bought Veet waxing strips and was wondering if anyone here has used them before, and what you thought of it?

On the box it says that waxing will "leave your legs touchable smooth for 4 weeks." I find this hard to believe.. In general how long do your legs stay smooth after waxing with veet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I tried them once last summer and it was a disaster for me! I pulled them off but loads of wax remained on my leg. I had to scrub for ages in the shower to get it all off it was awful! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I've tried them before and found them rubbish. I think the pots of wax and strips are a better option if you want to wax.

In my experience, you'll get 10-14 days hair free*, then around the third week the regrowth will become more noticeable. From about the 4th week you will probably need to get them waxed again or you might have to wait another week or so if the hair is not quite long enough yet.

* The hair on your legs grows at different rates so even after waxing there may still be tiny hairs left behind that you won't be able to see but if you run your hands over your legs you'll feel them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

I use these ones OP and to be honest, they aren't great.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-qSwv4bXLWKM/T0nB1jkZTgI/AAAAAAAAAig/rEYZEFf70Rc/s1600/veet+easygrip+strips+wax.jpg

I got mine on offer, two boxes for €5 I think it was (got them ages ago), I've two strips left in one box which I'll probably just throw out.

They take the hair off, but I find I've a lot of stubble left, and some wax is stuck to my legs after pulling the strip off and even though I use the oil-wipes that come in the box, they aren't great, all they really do it make your hands greasy.

I prefer getting my legs waxed in a beauticians (although I only get it done when I am going away, can't justify spending €30+ for no good reason), I find getting them done in a beauticians my legs are smoother and hair free for around three weeks, with the strips, I get maybe two weeks and then the hair is growing back.

The strips are grand if you just want to do a quick wax yourself, but you won't get all the hair off and in my experience you'll still have stubble left from the hairs you do get off.

Better off saving up the money and going to a good beautician IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I got the ones above (on special) and they weren't too bad. You do have to let your leg hair grow quite a bit (I'm talking no shaving for 2 weeks :S ). They do leave some residue (even with the wipes), but I found that they did get rid of most of my leg hair. Granted I do have thick dark hair which probably was easier for the wax to grip to, but I didn't have to do a full leg shave for 2-3 weeks. To this day (almost a year later), my leg hair is finer and a little patchy (which I'm not complaining about, less to get rid of :P ). I didn't suffer from ingrown hair either which I was worried about before trying them out. Definitely worth the fiver or so with the amount of time I saved in the shower each morning :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 iamjack

Use some sort of cooling/rash lotion? And try not to rub your legs together too much.
    Or try putting something cool on it.how to get rid of ingrown hairs

• Advertisement
Advertisement