Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandisk sansa clip mp3 players (for running, gym etc) - query???

• 10-04-2012 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭

So I am thinking of buying one of these as a means of music for running. But I have been reading reviews on amazon and there are a lot of complaints about the battery - no longer holds charge, does not charge, you cannot replace it etc.. and that sandisk do not have good customer service.

Those of you who have the sandisk sansa clip - how have you found the battery? Are there differences between one type and another?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭wideball

I have the 2GB Sansdisk Clip player and I've no issues with it. It's perfect for running, small, good sound and easy to clip on and go. The radio reception can be hit and miss at times but happy overall with it.

You can use a plug adapter with the usb charge as well as plugging into a PC. I'm disciplined in keeping it charged in work while at the PC, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭sporina

so can i use my ipod touch charger to charge it up as well as my laptop?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

As I said in the other thread, I've mine a couple of years and the charge holds up pretty well, I've never had issues with it.

The one in your link is not the sansa clip though, it's some colour screen variant called the zip, this is the clip
    http://www.sandisk.com/products/sansa-music-and-video-players/sandisk-sansa-clipplus-mp3-player
    and
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3903023/art/sandisk/sansa-clip-8-gb-mp3-playe.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm on my third or fourth Sansa clip at this stage. Washing machine or heavy rain usually puts paid to them. I have a rubber case on this one, and it has lasted around 14 months (though the clip has broken). When this one breaks, I'll likely buy another one.

ThisRegard wrote: »
    As I said in the other thread, I've mine a couple of years and the charge holds up pretty well, I've never had issues with it.

The one in your link is not the sansa clip though, it's some colour screen variant called the zip, this is the clip
    http://www.sandisk.com/products/sansa-music-and-video-players/sandisk-sansa-clipplus-mp3-player
    and
    http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3903023/art/sandisk/sansa-clip-8-gb-mp3-playe.html

oh thanks for that - i just wanted to post a random pic of one…

i think i am gonna buy one from amazon…

yeah if you look at the reviews the battery seems to be the only down fall but I think its worth the risk..

so to maximise the battery life, do I need to charge it up fully when I get it, like you do a mobile phone or??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

sporina wrote: »
    oh thanks for that - i just wanted to post a random pic of one…

i think i am gonna buy one from amazon…

yeah if you look at the reviews the battery seems to be the only down fall but I think its worth the risk..

so to maximise the battery life, do I need to charge it up fully when I get it, like you do a mobile phone or??

I have never had an issue with the battery on my Sanza clip.

here is some advice on maximising the lifespan of Lithium-ion batteries.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/news/2011/02/ask-ars-what-is-the-best-way-to-use-an-li-ion-battery.ars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Sandwell

I've been using these for years and highly recommend them. However, there was an issue with the battery on my last one where it stopped holding the charge. However, I found the customer service to be very good. The technical helpline guys suggested a few fixes and when they didn't work they replaced the player. I've just ordered another one for my wife as it happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭steve_r

I bought one a few months ago, I'd be a heavy enough user and I've found the battery life has dropped off a bit.

the forum anythingbutipod has a lot of very detailed info about this product, and other mp3 players. It's an open forum with practical advice and helpful people.

I think a lot depends on a) how much you will use it and b) how often can you realistically charge it, i.e. if you always have a charger to hand then battery life shouldn't be a problem

One thing to note on the battery is that using the radio depletes the battery a lot more than playing music - about twice as much I would say.

Despite what the battery indicator says (either on original firmware or rockbox) you will probably get about 11/12 hours music or 5/6 hours radio.

Sandwell wrote: »
    I've been using these for years and highly recommend them. However, there was an issue with the battery on my last one where it stopped holding the charge. However, I found the customer service to be very good. The technical helpline guys suggested a few fixes and when they didn't work they replaced the player. I've just ordered another one for my wife as it happens.

where did you buy it?

• Advertisement

where did you buy it?

This is the one I ordered a few days ago. There's an 8 gig version too which I use myself but it's a bit more expensive.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3903010/art/sandisk/sansa-clip-4-gb-mp3-playe.html

Sandwell wrote: »
    This is the one I ordered a few days ago. There's an 8 gig version too which I use myself but it's a bit more expensive.

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3903010/art/sandisk/sansa-clip-4-gb-mp3-playe.html

thanks for that. What is this "zen engagement" thing about?? Looks like a savage money spinner to me? If I choose not to include it, will I still be covered should I need a refund or a replacement etc?

thanks for that. What is this "zen engagement" thing about?? Looks like a savage money spinner to me? If I choose not to include it, will I still be covered should I need a refund or a replacement etc?

Yeah, it's a money racket. Best avoided. You still have your normal consumer entitlements.

cool.. thanks..

Those of you who use the Sansa clip with a MAC - any problems? I have been reading conflicting information on amazon. I mailed the pixmania customer serivce and they told me to ask Sandisk??!!??

So, they are compatible for mp3's but not if bought from itunes?
    And I read that you cannot make play lists on the clip with a mac?

anyone using a sansisk with a macbook?? i would love some info on personal experience before i buy it.

got my sandisk sansa clip+ from pixmania today… happy days…

i will let you know how it gets on with my MAC..

Advertisement