Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Up To"

Options
  • 10-04-2012 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Whoever insisted on putting those two words alongside the words "Eircom" and "NGB" is a genius.

What the actually sell you could be anything.

I have crumby broadband because Eircom draw from an exchange which is probably more than 10 miles away, even though there's a perfectly good exchange within 3 minutes of where I live.

They claim to hook me up to this exchange is impossible because the lines are already put down.

The sales team initially told me i'd be getting speeds of close to 8mb, this was then 5mb when i called technical support. After an engineer came out last week I was told the best speeds i'll ever get will be about 1.5mb.

After ringing Sales again today I was then told I should be getting speeds of 4mb!

They literally make it up as they go along.

Whoever I spoke to could not help me, so i need to call back again and spend another 20 mins waiting on the phone so i can speak to a supervisor who can then put me through to a complaints department.

The nice man on the phone also pointed out that although the service is rubbish, i'm tied down to a 12 month contract so there's nothing I can do about it.

The icing on the cake is that although UPC could offer a 50mb line for less than what Eircom is charging for 8mb, this is also impossible because Eircom & Sky have the deal to provide services in the development where i live. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭thret

Faustino wrote: »
    The icing on the cake is that although UPC could offer a 50mb line for less than what Eircom is charging for 8mb, this is also impossible because Eircom & Sky have the deal to provide services in the development where i live. :mad:

I just moved in apartment that has this thing too, can't get anything but Eircom phone/broadband services and sky tv, therefore no UPC for me. :(
    Should have my broadband up by thursday, hoping for atleast 5mb and decent pinging..

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭Faustino

You don't live in Cherrywood by any chance? If so I wouldn't be getting hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Whoever insisted on putting those two words alongside the words "Eircom" and "NGB" is a genius.

What the actually sell you could be anything.

I have crumby broadband because Eircom draw from an exchange which is probably more than 10 miles away, even though there's a perfectly good exchange within 3 minutes of where I live.

They claim to hook me up to this exchange is impossible because the lines are already put down.

The sales team initially told me i'd be getting speeds of close to 8mb, this was then 5mb when i called technical support. After an engineer came out last week I was told the best speeds i'll ever get will be about 1.5mb.

After ringing Sales again today I was then told I should be getting speeds of 4mb!

They literally make it up as they go along.

Whoever I spoke to could not help me, so i need to call back again and spend another 20 mins waiting on the phone so i can speak to a supervisor who can then put me through to a complaints department.

The nice man on the phone also pointed out that although the service is rubbish, i'm tied down to a 12 month contract so there's nothing I can do about it.

Hi Faustino,

I PM you back form Ants user profile. I checked the case with broadband support can you run the speedtest and get back to me.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

thret wrote: »
    I just moved in apartment that has this thing too, can't get anything but Eircom phone/broadband services and sky tv, therefore no UPC for me. :(
    Should have my broadband up by thursday, hoping for atleast 5mb and decent pinging..

Hi thret,

I see your broadband order completed today. The speed is looking steady, if you have an issues let me know,

Thanks, Mark

You don't live in Cherrywood by any chance? If so I wouldn't be getting hopes up.

No, I live in meath. So I don't think I'd get proper net for years. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Hi thret,

I see your broadband order completed today. The speed is looking steady, if you have an issues let me know,

Thanks, Mark

Left home early yesterday, have not experienced my internet yet. :)

Hmm.. Just got home, and my "Internet" light still isnt lit up. My internet isnt working either.
    Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

thret wrote: »
    Left home early yesterday, have not experienced my internet yet. :)

Hmm.. Just got home, and my "Internet" light still isnt lit up. My internet isnt working either.
    Why?

Hi thret,

I checked the network and the broadband order is definatly completed and is on the line?

Can you try the following checklist - http://bit.ly/BBChecks
    and get back to us.

Thanks, Mark

Hi thret,

I checked the network and the broadband order is definatly completed and is on the line?

Can you try the following checklist - http://bit.ly/BBChecks
    and get back to us.

Thanks, Mark

Recieved my eircom router just there, went to collect it. Works now.
    Somewhat sattisfied with speeds, hoping for them to be consistent. :)

Advertisement